Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby Pleo Rb has problem again..;.  (Read 23684 times)

bhobbes

Re: Baby Pleo Rb has problem again..;.
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »

I'd assume it goes into the Micro slot.

Basically you'd insert the MicroSDHC card into the computer. Then you'd open up "Computer" (used to be My Computer). Then in there you should see the MicroSDHC card show up as a "drive." From there, you would just drag and drop (or however you want to copy) the files over from your computer to the MicroSDHC card.

E.g.:
1. I extract R2D2 to my Desktop in a folder called R2D2 (where all the personality files are, such as the .urf etc.).
2. I put the MicroSDHC card into my computer.
3. I open up "Computer" and see the MicroSDHC card show up as  drive X: (just a hypothetical drive, it won't necessarily be X).
4. I go into the R2D2 folder and select all the files (Ctrl+A) and then copy them (Ctrl+C).
5. I go into the X: drive (MicroSDHC card) and paste all the files (Ctrl+V)

Or you can just open them in separate windows and use the Windows 7 "splitting" feature (i.e. drag one window all the way to the left and it'll resize to half the screen, and do so with the other window except to the right). I have dual monitors so I just open up one window in each monitor but the above are ways you can do it (there are many many ways to do it).

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2011, 12:24:31 PM »

Thanks bhobbes, I will give it a try, It sounds straight forward, so it should be pretty simple, so after copying, should I just follow the instructions for putting the sd card into Pleo Rb as it says in the manuel, or are there any other things I need to know about? I would also assume this skit overrides her normal personallity and then after removing, she goes back to normal. Do I after removing the card, turn her off and then back on? Thanks in advance for explaining New tricks to an " old dog, " or in my case, a Old Cat! ;)
                                           Baby and I thank you, now I can find out if this foot thing is her being a stinker or if her foot is really acting out because of some problem.
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

bhobbes

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »

You just put the MicroSD card in the slot as it says with Pleo turned off (despite building computers on a regular basis, I suck with my hands so sometimes it's a little tricky to get the angle just perfect in the Pleo but it's not *too* bad - just a personal experience). Then you turn Pleo on and you'll hear the R2D2 sounds and mine started walking immediately after turning on and kept making R2D2 sounds. Then I powered it off and took the MicroSD card out and turned it back on (obviously battery removal happening in between) and it went back to being Cato.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2011, 01:35:45 PM »

oK, THANKS I just copied it and I may have copied it twice on the micro card, does that affect it  in anyway, or is it still ok to put in Baby? also is it easy to put in Baby or will I have a hard time finding where to put it in? I will record her experience just incase it does not work, but I am pretty confident it will work and she should walk.
                                                 RedwoodsMama

bhobbes

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2011, 01:58:40 PM »

It should only be able to be in there one time. In the main (also called root) "folder" and all you see on the MicroSDHC card. So for instance, if you go to "Computer" and find it, it should only show the multiple files from the R2D2 zip, and only one copy of each. If I put it in mine, I go to X: and see the the various files but only one time each.

For example, if my MicroSDHC card is X: when it's connected to my computer and I go to "Computer" and double click on the X: drive, I will see babe11.urf, babe11.y, main.amx, and sensors.amx and that is it. I'm not sure a better way to explain it so hopefully that helps. 

The manual shows you where the slot is. If you think of the battery compartment as a rectangle, it'll be on the side that's closest to the neck. It just looks like a little slot you insert it into (although the other sides look kind of similar, none of them will look like such a 'perfect' fit). It's not too difficult to get it in, it's just (at least with my hands/fingers) kind if in an awkward spot compared to how easily inserted they were in the older Pleos. However, I'm not one with extraordinary dexterity. 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »

If you plug the card in before you unzipped the zip file you can just extract directly to the micro SD and save yourself a step :). Windows 7 does have a zip extractor, but it is very inefficient, should be fine for this task though.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

bhobbes

« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »

Dang IMR, way to make it super simple! Love how that didn't even cross my mind, haha!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2011, 02:30:51 PM »

Ok, the file went in her with no problems and I recorded the whole thing,  ;)I do have a couple of questions or comments though. I have nothing to compare this skit with as I have not seen another Pleo do it, Is it normal for Pleo Rb while doing this skit to keep stopping, I mean a dozen or more times easily and from anywhere from 10 seconds to over a minute or to a minute, I had to keep stroking her to keep her going as she kept stopping, also she fell asleep twice, is this part of the program? she did walk but it did not look as smooth as I would think, but she did walk which is good news. I loved the noises I can'[t wait to show my husband this skit, I would like to know about the stopping constantly, does that mean she is constantly receiving electrical charges? Also how long does this skit run , timewise,? Thanks,
                                    RedwoodsMama

bhobbes

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »

I only ran Cato on it for probably two or three minutes to verify that he was walking correctly, but he did stop and seem silent quite regularly during those few minutes. However, once I would interact with him he kept going.

The skits may work a little bit differently on the RBs. Another member (I can't remember who right now, maybe PleoPet?) mentioned that they only sort of work/work differently due to the new sensors etc.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »

Kermy had lots of stopping and silent moments on this skit too so that is normal for a pleo rb.  There is a video of kermy doing this skit on my YouTube page. I know you have subscribed to my page so you should be able to look at it on there.
Hope this helps.
Kat

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »

Dang IMR, way to make it super simple! Love how that didn't even cross my mind, haha!

Lol ironically I never ever do that myself, I always extract elsewhere and copy it over :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2011, 05:37:09 PM »

Thanks guys, and Kat I will check out the way Kermy walks, I want to compare that mostly. Thanks for letting me know where to look.
                                                RWM
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal