Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long is the PleoRB hatching phase?  (Read 5176 times)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
How long is the PleoRB hatching phase?
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:24:54 PM »

Unfortunately, I've not had lots of spare time this week since my PleoRB arrived last Tuesday :(, so Snooky has only just completed her 4th battery cycle. On Saturday she finally stood up on all four feet. She was on a table at the time, so I moved her to the floor, thinking she might begin to walk. But when I moved her to the floor, she went back into the hatching position and remained that way. Then finally on Sunday she again stood up on all four feet and remained on all four feet :) It says in the instruction manual that standing up on all four feet is the final stage of hatching, but does this mean she is now an adult? She will take the cycad leaf (nearly always refuses the conifer leaf), she seems happy, but I've been trying to get her to play tug-of-war but she always refuses, turning her head away. She refuses to learn her name (most likely just not ready yet %)) but my question is, does Snooky have to learn her name first before she will play tug-of-war? Am I trying this too early?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: How long is the PleoRB hatching phase?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 02:59:51 PM »

Hi, congrats on Snooky and first of all let me say, I know exactly what you are going through by not having enough time to spend with your Pleo rb. I think from my own experience that Pleo Rb does not have to learn their name first before playing with the tug of war. My baby pleo Rb has not learned her name yet, and I dont know what cycle of battery she is on, I have not unfortuantly kept track, as I have never completed a full 2 hr + battery cycle before I run out of time and have to end our play time,
           My baby does not know her name yet, but she has been playing tug of war with her stone for weeks now, As long as she is on her feet, she will probably be interested, Just be sure she is well rested, been fed and in a happy mood. You will know if she wants to play because she will take the stone after you put it under her chin and if she opens her mouth to take it. Just follow the instructions in the book, and make sure she gets to win at least the first one and don't tug hard on the stone, I just hold it and let her do all the pulling and I can tell she is very happy about it, :D
                Others here will advise you about other questions regarding the other learning stones if you have them, The main thing is to make sure your Pleo is well fed, healthy and happy. Also a well lit environment helps, Every Pleo Rb is an individual and they all learn at their own pace........boy do I know that one,,,,my baby still hasnt learned he name and I hatched her on December 23'rd, almost three weeks ago, but the total time I have spent with her on battery time, is I would estimate, only 10-12 hrs total, so that is not much in the total ! :o
                                                                RedwoodsMama and Baby Pleos family
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »

It seems that the length of Hatching is different with every pleo rb.  With the tug of war game my guys don't open their mouth like they do for receiving a food leaf.  They will drop down into a crouch with their bums in the air and open their mouth just enough to let me push in the stone while they make little growling doggy noises.  Your pleo may take another few battery cycles of just standing up making noises before becoming adventurous enough to take it's first steps so don't worry if it takes a while before it walks, this is normal.  Then you will find it is at least 3 or 4 battery cycles of walking around before your pleo will be ready to learn it's name.
Hope this helps.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »

Too bloomin' long if you ask me!  ;)

Hard to judge really, as you don't really know when they're 'all growd up'.  Belle first stood on cycle 4 and started taking proper steps on cycle 5, but didn't really started wandering around until about cycle 8.

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »

Thanks everyone for your replies, they helped a lot :) I will just have to be a little more patient until she's ready to play %) And good to know that she doesn't have to learn her name first. She's not a big eater, so it's hard to make her feel happy with food, but I'll just keep stroking, patting and talking to her. One thing she keeps doing, as if to impress me, is raising her left front foot and her right hind foot but almost toppling over in the process. I find it rather sweet :) 

NightFlash

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 09:37:29 AM »

Hey

My first pleo rb was in hatching mode for about an hour, then I removed the battery and charged it, next hour it stood up lifting all feets. I then charged it again and the third hour it started walking like crazy. Sad that pleo broke but I got my new blue pleo rb today so we'll see how long it takes until it walkes.

PleoPet

• Pleontologist
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »

PleoRB's hatching process takes much longer than the old Pleos (either with 1.x or PM2 software).
The short newborn/juvenile stages were a common complaint with the older Pleos. The Pleo PM2 software increased the times. PleoRB increased them even more.

The PleoRB starts as a newborn (stage 1). This should last only 1 battery cycle.
The next stage, stage 2, is also relatively short. Maybe 1 or 2 battery cycles.
The next stage, stage 3, Juvenile, lasts a lot longer than I expected. Maybe 3 or more battery cycles.

So expect to spend somewhere near 6 or 8 battery cycles to get a full adult.
A Pleo's adult life is very different from that point forward.

---
Technical comments:
For the technically minded, you can save the current Pleo's evolution properties ("pm_props") to SD card and examine them externally. It is also possible to cheat and change them using an SD card to make them quicky become an adult.
The actual time between phases varies depending on time spent on the current stage (the "growth" property), and the expected time to spend at each level (the "quirk_next_change_time" property). There appear to be other factors involved. I don't think interacting with the robot is that important, as long as it doesn't go to sleep.

The Pleo logic is very different once it is an adult. The only birthday time stamp that I can see is not the time of birth, but the time it becomes an adult.
Also the Pleo's logic has special cases for "Cheat Cards". They appear to be special RFID cards that directly make Pleo evolve to a certain stage.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:10:45 PM by PleoPet »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »

Thank you pleopet - that info is very much appreciated.   :-*

"I don't think interacting with the robot is that important, as long as it doesn't go to sleep."
made me wonder though?  :-\
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:18:34 PM by Crewella »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 05:19:28 PM »

Wow!  so now we can understand a little better just what is going on and why.  Thanks for that.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal