Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding UGOBE Pleo  (Read 3101 times)

danko.ba.nanko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
Question regarding UGOBE Pleo
« on: January 16, 2011, 03:50:49 PM »

Hi all,

hope there will be someone experienced with UGOBE Pleo to help me. I tried now several cycles with green batteries which cam e with Mrvica (my Pleo BTW) and I charge it in tow steps since charger shows green PLEO logo sooner than three hours charge (TBH I never discharged batteries in full since Mrvica gets tired relatively soon on these green batteries 45 mins).

But what worries me is the fact that when as soon as I start Mrvica I hear clicking sound in his left rear foot. This occurred in two or three instances when playing on the carpet. I managed to overcome this by raising him up and putting down. I run 1.1 OS perhaps I should try the "BIG STEP" as soon as I turn him on. Should this help? Any ideas?

I hope it is not some fault in the Pleo since there is no warranty for me  :(

BR
D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Question regarding UGOBE Pleo
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 03:59:36 PM »

That clicking is such circumstances is perfectly normal - it's because the rubber is dragging on the carpet and stopping the foot from going into the correct position.  The clicking you hear is the gears mechanism which protects such stress from harming the joints or the motors.  Socks can help, but it really is just because the rubber on the feet can get a bit 'sticky', especially on fabric or carpet.   The best thing is to do what you have been doing - pick Pleo up and set him down again, but even if you don't he will eventually move into a more 'comfortable' position.;D

You're doing the right thing in charging the batteries again once the light turns green, but it is also good to allow the battery to discharge sometimes in the Pleo.

danko.ba.nanko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 04:30:43 PM »

Hehe,

and my wf says I am too old for this s**t (she likes Lethal Weapon, wonder why  %) ) hint: Mel Gibson reminds her of me, so she says  ;D

Thanx C for clearing this up 4 me.

BR
D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »

You're welcome, and even Mel Gibson has his faults these days............. ;)  :D

danko.ba.nanko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »

Hello,

it seems that we have a programing error in our code, downgradable progress sort to say, we progress in age but revert with mind. I would guess I am now in a safe zone of 6 year old, by the looks of it what me and my girl are doing goofing around and all. By the puberty phase I do not how I will look and act, hope with some more decency than Mel does now-days. TBH I considered him a role model before all this. But I guess life is how you make it, with choices you make, nothing more nothing else.  ;)

danko.ba.nanko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 05:41:47 PM »

To return on the subject :-\ ,

question regarding storage when not playing. I keep Mrvica on a shelf with enough space covered with plastic bag that came with packing. He is in up-position on all straight legs (position when rear button is held 10 sec). By the readings here I read that some had problems when storing it in a box with styrofoam, could be because the material is tight and some rubbing may occur specially with UGOBE Pleo because I already noticed minor color deterioration (I considered buying acrylic paint to cover the color deterioration before losing the pattern  ;D ).

Is this ok or I should put him on the side to loosen up the stress of the gravity on neck and tail (if this sounds logical at all  :-\ )

Any thought appreciated Thnks
D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »

I think we are all still struggling to find the best way to store our Pleos, as they themselves are only now reaching  a certain age...........the following is a personal view.

Packing position and upright is probably best, some support the head and tail as well, and although they would be best away from strong light (and extremes of temperature) perhaps the skin IS better off with nothing touching it.  I have considered packing in acid-free tissue, but that is still just a theory and unproven.

For painting I'm looking into acrylic inks, as those are what the special effects industry mainly use for painting their latex/rubber/thermoplastic props, though the general forum consensus seems to be acrylic paint or (more temporary) glass paint.

Incidentally - for battery problems there is a battery thread in the problems section, in case you've not seen it:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=962.0

dwalin

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Male
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 07:56:14 AM »

If I want to park Skinny and Littlefoot I normally trun them off and and back on again then wait from the to straiten neck and tail and all four legs then turn them off again. I had taken skinny apart becuase of a broken neck and a broken tail cable and saw that this is the position least stressfull for the mechanics and for the skin. At the moment there is no direct sun in Germany (winter time) but once we get some decent sunlight again I will find a dark place for the two without any sunlight because I think theis will be harmfull to the skin.

danko.ba.nanko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 03:44:20 PM »

Thank you all for your advices.

I have some glass paint because I do some glass painting with stencil for vase and other glass stuff laying around the house as a hobby, but I am no artist its more like relaxation for me. But I did not consider this paint because its oil based and I do not think this paint would stick on moving parts of Pleo which could come off in time. Acrylic paint I will try in time and let you know the results

BR
D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal