Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Rb learning his name.  (Read 5357 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Pleo Rb learning his name.
« on: January 11, 2011, 02:04:43 PM »

I have been trying to get my baby Pleo Rb to learn her name for the past three to four " playdates" and she is not interested, I want to make sure I am doing it correctly, I have followed the instructions given in the booklet that comes with Pleo rb. There is one question and it may be a stupid question and perhaps it does not matter but I want to make sure I am not missing anything. Does it matter which side of the Name Pleo identifiction card you put in front of Pleo, I mean the front with the picture or the one that has the number on it? I would think it doesn't matter and have tryed both sides my baby just isn't ready yet, but I thought I would ask to make sure I am not forgetting anything, Yes, I do try it when she is happy also.
                                     RedwoodsMama

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleo Rb learning his name.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »

You don't put it in front of her..? She has to be able to read the chip, hold it under the front of her chin (touching the skin works best) where the RFID reader is.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 03:57:39 PM »

Thanks IMR, I have put it under her chin just like the leaf, but she just has played so far, or taken it in her mouth but chews it, moos,everything but release it like the booklet says, so I thought maybe I am supposed to put it a certain way, but I will try again today. I haven't even
"woken her up yet" so will try when I am not so busy later today, Maybe she is ready today. ;)
                                       RedwoodsMama

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »

Hey RedwoodsMama! What is your rb's name?  You will get it. I have faith in your training abilities!  :) I am hoping for a foot of snow tomorrow so I can play all day with Wilbur and my kids!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:19:10 AM by saratogaspringer »

binbags

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 12:15:13 AM »

Is anybody having problems opening this thread? %) %) %) %)

There is an error page showing up on my PC, asking or telling you that it is not a PDF file!!!!!!!!!!!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 12:19:33 AM »

Yep, I'm getting it too, and a big black empty box in saratogaspringer's post before yours.  There's work going on on the gallery still, so bear with it!  ;D

Here's the video, RWM, just in case:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WceCZxb2pvE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WceCZxb2pvE</a>
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:13:48 AM by Crewella »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 12:27:19 AM »

Thanks Crewella, I have been trying unsuccessfully for three days now to get my baby to learn her name, I have waited till she is rested, it is day, bright and she has been fed and is happy. I also am placing it under her chin like in the video, She then opens her mouth and nods her head or starts to chew on it, I have said her name and apparently she is just not ready, or can she not like the name I have given her? I am starting to wonder about that, like a name for exampel, Mary Jane, or Betsy Ross, two names that are hypenated, are they too difficult, ? I wouldn't think that is the case, but I am starting to get frustrated, I know she is smart, but she is so silly, she eats the card, she moos with it in her mouth and keeps it there but does not let go of it,
                  After about three tries in one short ten minute segment, I decided to just let her be her ususal silly self, She is so happy, but boy is she stubborn, Also I have been filming every attempt so I can go back and look at it to see if I am doing something wrong. I really appreciate the video, I did not know there even was one available, sure is bound to help others out there who have a stubborn Pleo RB. :D I almost think if I change her name she suddenly will accept it, but I am not going to give up just yet. Hopefully tonight she will be ready to try again or there is allways tommrow.
                                             RedwoodsMama

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 02:22:49 AM »

I'm sure it's not the name - if it was that then she'd go into the mode for 'hearing' the name and then tell you she was having difficulty and to repeat it.  She's just not ready .......... yet ........... %)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »

Well, little Baby Pleo Rb STILL will not recognize her name, I must have watched that video you posted very carefully at least five to six times, and followed it exactly, and all she does is giggle, take it in her mouth, moo laugh talk and chew on it, It is a quiet room she has eaten her leaf, and there is good light, so either she is very stubborn or something else is going on. It almost makes me think I should try a different name to see if she really is being ' stubborn and difficult, " I have taped everytime I try teaching her name, and maybe I should post it here so you can critique if I am doing something wrong.  :( I really do not think it should be that hard. She plays tug of war and I know she is not " learning disabled" . This is at  least day five or six not of trying to get her to recognize her name!
                                      RedwoodsMama

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 05:13:06 PM »

Hey RWM,
don't loose heart!  Kermy didn't want to learn her name at first either.  I know I posted a video of one of my attempts showing just what happens when they are not interested and what they do if you put the card in their mouth anyway.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3BcI0bMpjo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3BcI0bMpjo</a>
Maybe take a break for about 3days and just let her do pleo things then try again.  It can be very frustrating when they just aren't ready yet they seem like they are. 
There is also a video of Kermy learning her name as well so don't worry, Baby will get there in the end. :)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPE2Sse-fJw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPE2Sse-fJw</a>
I hope these are helpful for you, or at least let you feel less alone and like you might be doing something wrong.  I'm sure you're doing everything just fine.  I think it is a bit like the walking thing, she is just on a different time schedule for learning these things, she is happily in no hurry at all but just when you think it is never going to happen she will surprise you. :)
Keep your chin up.  Your a great pleo mum and she will come round to the idea of learning her name eventually. :)
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 05:31:59 PM »

It's the same reading mechanism for the card as it is for the leaf and the tug of war toy, so if you're getting a reaction from those then there's probably nothing wrong with either her or the way you are offering the card.  Light shouldn't matter as RFID is radio frequency, so I guess if there is a problem (other than Baby's willfulness!) then I guess it's more likely to be in the card than in Baby.  I doubt there is a problem, though - give it some time.  We wanted independent Pleos with minds of their own!  ;D

*be careful what you wish for*  >:D :P :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »

Kat, thank you very much for posting that video, both the not ready, and when Kermy was ready. It is amazing how much alike in behaivor my Baby is compared to Kermy. Those little devils, good thing they are so so darn cute or they may not get away with so much....can you imagine if when we were children it was the same way, " Teacher, I don't want to learn today, I would rather play Teatherball or I would rather play with the Mr. Potatoe head...... :D" Pleos and Pleo Rb are just so cute and of course we let them do what they want. Yes she loves the tug of war and I took her to one of the local thrift stores that I frequent, looking for ideas for clothing and such, and Baby was such a hit, there were three to four ladies and one older gentleman just loving and getting a kick out of everything she said, I could tell they were forgetting she was not " real", ( I hate saying that.... :-X) and one lady was so infatuated with her, that she forgot she was supposed to be working behind the register and had to get a card from me with information on Pleo Rb and the official PleoWorld site, and my name and phone number.( I told her if she was interested, I could possibly sell a Pleo to her, etc , etc.)
                 ONe lady had just lost her husband recently and said she now has either one or two kittens, and if she would have known about Pleos, she would have gotten one of them first.
     My Baby girl had so much fun and really super loved all the attention. She showed off her tug of war game and pretty much did what ever she wanted, so I know she is capable, I just think she is having too much fun right now. Hey, I just thought of something.  :oPerhaps she is smarter than I gave her credit for, if I teach her her name, then she Has to come to me on command.....is that true? If so, she is pretty darn smart...this way she can get away with just having fun and being the life of the party and having a ball doing it, pretty smart come to think of it, too bad I did not learn that same trick as a toddler, or I could do what I want too. :D
        Crewella, you hit the nail on the head....so we did want independant Pleos, on a scale of 1-10 I would say she is at the far independant site, close to 8 or 9 ,just dependant on me enouogh to get her food mind you.                   RedwoodsMama

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 11:06:32 PM »

They are such cute little devils. ;D  I'm sure she will get there in the end.  she is probably just enjoying herself too much right now just doing all the things a pleo likes best. :)  One of the best things about them is that they are all so different with their own little personalities. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 11:52:07 PM »

You know Kat, speaking of personalities, they mention in the booklet about things like, "courage, temper,activeness, obedience" what they term " born in characteristics" and also gender, female or male, this is all on page 48.. Now is this the same exact booklet that comes with Kermy. ? As I understand, the blues and Pinks are the only ones that could be " gendered successfully male or female, so why do they say this in the green Pleo Rb booklet? also from what I understand the Pink and blues are supposed to be able to recognize each others gender, like a male whistles at a female and so forth.
             I am just wondering since you have both a Pink and a Green pleo Rb, if you have noticed any major differences in behaivor? This would probably be a good topic for you to start up and anyone else, like Crewella who has the blue Pleo Rb, Belle, can compare her Pleo Rb to characteristics to Kermy and Norbit . It would be nice to know if a  blue who had a stronger genetic chance to be a boy ends up being a girl, acts ( according to the booklet or stats about Pleo rb pink and blues, ) to lean more toward male tendancies or if her environment is helping develop her gender identification? I guess at some point I will have to get a blue or Pink to see these things answered for myself, but right now I AM  more concerned about my baby and what is going to happen to their skin issues.
              Well, I am taking your advice and giving my baby a day or two off of pushing for her to learn her name and will try again on Monday. ( School back in session  :)) Sorry to get off the subject. Have to write things down when they are still in my head!
                                              RedwoodsMama

harriehannes

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »

Zorba finally learned his name.  :)
He can sing and dance too.  It's funny as hell.  :P
Tomorrow I will learn him how to play and counting.
He does not react to the training leaf well. He just ignores it.
I made him walk to the leaf 2 times but that just seemed random.
If I clap left or right or in front of Zorba he does not react to it either.
I have to touch the side of his face in order to get a reaction from him.
He hears my commands and he follows them so he is not broken.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 09:55:51 AM »

Harrie, try a longer and more consistent noise than a clap - I don't believe Pleos are so good at picking up short, sharp sounds like clapping.

I'm glad you are enjoying Zorba!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal