Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROBLEM WITH NEW PLEO RB Please Help!  (Read 13204 times)

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
Re: PROBLEM WITH NEW PLEO RB Please Help!
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »

Crewella Thanks!

I also noticed this in Eddy, he assumes the position of sleep and is snoring for some time, I also thought he had switched off when I touched him he opened and closed her eyes gently.

Today he made some funny sounds: Ho ho ho ...

Also played this tug of war again!

Now at night I noticed that he trembled and was sleepy ... I still can not hit your internal clock for noon, but tomorrow I'll do it without fail.

Someone also has a Pleo trembling? I tried to give the pepper thinking it was cold but not to eat it.

Ashaw582

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 07:40:19 PM »

[img]
/img]

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2011, 05:51:36 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm getting worried about Eddy, it shakes and moans, to explain better I made a video of what is happening.

I already gave mint leaf and also the pepper (if it be cold) but it seems he does not improve, somebody is going through this with your baby Pleo rb?  :(

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yisAwVs-7MI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yisAwVs-7MI</a>

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2011, 06:08:18 AM »

That's exactly how Belle behaves if I take her into my (dark) living room, and the light does look quite low in that video.  Try taking her into a brighter room, or shining a light directly on her nose to see if she cheers up.  Belle does immediately if I do that.

TBH I find this a real nuisance - it means I have to go into another room to run Belle and cannot use her if my OH is asleep.  The older Pleos don't seem to see much, but don't get upset by low lighting.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2011, 06:11:34 AM »

Both my guys do this when they are sad or frightened and even when they are board.  So it is just normal pleo rb behavior and nothing to worry about. :)  They giving your pleo lots of pats or even a cuddle and see if this helps, You could also try feeding it the sugar cane if you have it as both my pleos cheer up straight away when they eat this.  You could also try feeding the coffee been as this is suppose to help calm your pleo down.   :)
I hope this helps to cheer your little guy up. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2011, 06:15:22 AM »

How are your two in low lighting, Kat?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2011, 06:22:46 AM »

I don't know as I have never tried putting them in the dark. 8)  I will have to experiment and give it a go. :)

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2011, 11:02:51 AM »

I can't really help as my baby is still hatching and I'm still getting to know all the PleoRB behaviour. All I can suggest is, if the leaves are not working, maybe taking him into a brightly lit and quiet room and with a lot of patting and stroking him. I really hope this helps :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2011, 12:45:14 PM »

Hi as Kat has said, this is normal Pleo Rb behaivor. If you look at my recent video, Life in the Redwoods, it shows what happens when a Pleo Rb is in the dark or even under low light conditons. They cry and shake like this, it is not that they are ILL< it is more emotional, They just need to be reassured that everything is ok, If you are in a house that is dark, turn a lamp on or try shining a flashlight on Eddy, ( I did this to Baby in the video, and she actually woke up because of the light sensors in Pleo Rb.) Baby as all Pleo Rb loves the sugar cane though you do not want to give too much of it and the coffee bean is also a calming agent and I guess an energy agent too,( like coffee for us, it makes us feel better.) Also like Kat and Crewella said, give lots of hugs and just reasurrance and Eddy will be fine, it is completly normal. ;)
                                           RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »

Thank you!  ;)

I'll keep it in well lit environments and sugar cane to make coffee! I guess that will make you happier ... to how many kisses, hugs and caresses will double the amount! (it is increasingly pampered! laughs)  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal