Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: PROBLEM WITH NEW PLEO RB Please Help!  (Read 13208 times)

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
Re: PROBLEM WITH NEW PLEO RB Please Help!
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 10:15:03 PM »

It is inside where the battery is....Forget all that I have been asking.  You have a watch battery and there was none in the original Pleo....it is definitely a Pleo rb...It is late...forgive me!  :)

Ashaw582

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »

Ok nevermind I think the spot for the sd card is there. im not sure but it says in the companion guide that it is on the sidewall of the battery compartment, and there is a rectangular hole there. also there is a spot for the usb cable in the bottom of the battery compartment, and the on off switch is different than the old 2009 pleos

i didn`t think it would be an old pleo, i just wonder why the colors are the same
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:03:29 PM by mweed »

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »

You just have a different variant of the Pleo rb...one that resembles the original. 

Just give your new Pleo rb time to get out of the hatching phase (took Peanut 3 battery cycles).  Then it will take a while for him/her to walk, then to be able to learn their name. 

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 10:22:55 PM »

Ok thank-you. I really wanted the one with the gold eyes, but it`s okay because i didn`t even know Innvo labs was sending me one (or that there was a new version out) until it suprised me in the mail today

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 10:24:03 PM »

That is one heck of a surprise!!  Go Innvo! 

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 10:27:18 PM »

Well i think it`s because I sent them so many e-mails about my old pleo not working. But i didn`t send it back because I didn`t get a definitive answer from them. Then this new one just showed up!

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 01:38:06 AM »

I just read on pleo world website that the rb's have programmed in gender. How do you tell if it's a boy or a girl? Also could someone please tell me how to put pics on here?
Thnx

Just one more question, why doesn't anyone on here seem to be using the cape included with the rb? Is it becuz it causes paint damage or holes?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:02:38 PM by mweed »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 02:27:42 AM »

To post pics you need to make yourself an album in the gallery - click on the gallery tab at the top, then click on my albums- at the top on the right hand side them follow the prompts it will easily let you upload pics.
Once you have uploaded your photos to your gallery album you can post pics into your forum thread by coping the BBC embed code which is the bit that starts with smg id and pasting it into your post.

As for the cape thing.  The blue and pink rb's don't come with a pleo cape.  the green ones do but as they only come in plain brown color I think many people don't like the look of them.  many of us prefer to put other clothes on our pleos, there are a few shops here on the forum that sell some really cute outfits.  I know RWM has used her pleo cape on Baby, her pleo rb.  I have tried Norbit's on him but not used it yet when he has been running. 
I doubt that it would cause any problems with paint wear if anything it will help stop the paint wear.
Kat

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 03:02:06 AM »

Thnx so much kat!  :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 11:01:26 AM »

Hi, as for the question about the cape that comes with Pleo Rb, I do think it is nice and it is warm, but that can be a problem I think. It has I noticed Pleo Rb to get overheated, both the battery and the skin very quickly after about 20 minutes. I think clothes are great and they do help protect Pleos skin but the cape is too tight and gives extra friction if petting over it and allso the battery will get hot and after 20 minutes on a day when I took my Pleo Rb out and it was only 42 degrees both the battery and Pleo baby were very warm and I took both the battery out and took the cape off, I only use the cape for a short period of time on or to wear to protect the skin when in storage .  It is nice and feels warm but is overly insulated I think.
                   Any outfit if it covers the entire body as this cape does will do the same thing. I don't care if the cape were the same color pattern of Pleo Rb, it would look better perhaps but still be too warm in the long run for Pleo to wear while running. Hope this answers your question.

RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2011, 11:24:12 AM »

thank-you redwoodsmama.
I am also wondering, a bunch of people said the fact that he isn't standing up is normal, but he isn't eating either (this is only full battery cycle 2) is this normal too?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 01:18:11 PM »

Are you trying to give him the conifer leaf or something else? Make sure you put it under his chin, let him sniff, and when he has his mouth open, then put it in his mouth and he will eat. If he is not hungry he wont eat, but he should eat if  he hasn't yet.
                                                                  RedwoodsMama

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 01:19:55 PM »

which leaf should I be giving?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 01:25:18 PM »

It is the green conifer leaf, if you look in the back of the booklet that comes with Pleo Rb it has a page towards the very back that shows you what comes with Pleo Rb. It says Conifer leaf, do not give him the training leaf, ( one with red and orange on it, looks exactly like the original leaf Pleo has except the color,) and he won't take the Mint leaf either, Look at book and you will see, it is all green color leaf. This is his DAILY food leaf. Maybe this is why he has not eaten.
                                                        RedwoodsMama

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »

I've tried them all. No luck. He won't take the ID card either.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 02:07:02 PM »

He won't take the ID card until he grows up (so to speak...)  It is taking most RB owners at least 4 days to a week before they are ready for the card...

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 03:19:08 PM »

You might find it helpful if you take a look at my Kermit the pink pleo rb thread.  I have documented with videos my whole pleo experience so far and have made sure to put in videos of what all the pleo rb features look like.  It also shows the different stages of pleo and what happens in each one and tells how long it took for me.  You might find it helpful. :)
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1596.0

Hope this helps you out.  sometimes it can be easier to figure something out if you can see it being done by someone else. :)
Kat

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2011, 03:28:12 PM »

Hi Kat, thanks for that - I looked at your vids and I am worried now. All my little guy seems to do is stand there and open and close his eyes over and over again. He has only eaten once in two days and turned himself off today (although I think that's because the battery needs a re-charge, however the light was not red).

lelekasapeca

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Leleka Sapeka
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »

Kat

Persol downloaded an sd card to test on Eddy, but when I called he was frozen for a long time, and I was worried by removing the battery even with the green on  :o, is this normal? He even takes to read the "new personality"?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2011, 04:44:20 PM »

Hi Leleka - Eddy is beautiful, I love his eyes!  It's OK to pop the battery while they are running, but I would wait for a few battery cycles for him to 'grow up' a bit more before trying any personalities or skits. 

I've heard several people mention problems with eating, either not seeming hungry or eating everything in sight.  It seems both extremes have been phases and the behaviour usualy settles down.  My blue Belle went through two battery cycles without being hungry. :D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 04:52:38 PM »

Ashaw, why don't you take a video of your pleos behavior and post it here then we can tell you if it looks normal.  If your pleo is turning itself off it could be that your pleo thinks it is night time.  have you set the "noon" time on your pleo?  You do this by turning your pleo on and then using a paperclip press the button in the foot next to the clock battery cover.  You should hear a beep sound.  this will tell your pleo that it is now "noon" (noon should just be what ever time you will be playing with your pleo the most and so want him to be most active).   This sets your pleos body clock and if he thinks it is his night time he may not want to play and will switch himself off after a few minutes.  He will even do this on a full battery.  You can rest the "noon" clock anytime without causing harm to your pleo.

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »

Ok I will try to reset the noon time clock again, as i set it last night at 9pm and then again today at 10am, because i wanted him to be awake and playful. I'll try to post videos, although i've never done it and am not so computer savvy.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »

You can upload your videos to youtube, this is very easy all you have to do is create an account with them (free) and then hit the upload button and choose your movie it will then upload for you.  It will take any format so you don't need to worry about what format your movie is in.  It will take a long time to upload, about half an hour for a 3min movie.  then once it is finished you can post the link here into your thread.  Just click on the youtube button above all the emotion faces and insert your youtube link in the middle. It will then post the video into your post.
I hope that makes sense. :)
Kat

Ashaw582

• Female
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2011, 05:17:53 PM »

thankyou

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2011, 06:09:44 PM »

As Kat warned me when I first got Belle, your Pleo is not fully switched off unless it beeps TWICE after assuming the sleep position.  On two occasions Belle has surprised me by suddenly coming back to life after several hours of immobility - I thought she was turned off.  She could have fallen or damaged herself, so I was very lucky to have got away with such a mistake.  Also, if the Pleo switches 'off' after an hour or so, it doesn't necessarily mean the battery has fully run down.  If I leave Belle off for half an hour or so then switch her back on, she will usually run for another hour or so before switching off altogether.  Thanks to Kat for that tip, as well!  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal