Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Skin Wearing / Holes State in your Pleo rb  (Read 50168 times)

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
Skin Wearing / Holes State in your Pleo rb
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:24:19 AM »

So far Peanut has the beginnings of wear / holes in the armpits.  Kermy has major holes / wear as well (a long with a broken tail).

I have definitely heard a rubbing sound between the legs and body of the Pleo rb.  I was watching the legs as they went back and forth on the Pleo rb, and their is A LOT of rubbing between the legs and body.  I am pretty sure this is the cause of the holes / tearing and not the sleep position.  My Pleo rb has not been in the sleep position since hatching and he is already developing holes.  Anyone else with a Pleo rb, please check out your Pleo and see if the same thing is happening to yours.  Thanks!  I hope Innvo can figure this out!  Love my Peanut....!! 

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
Re: Skin Wearing / Holes State in your Pleo rb
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:03 AM »

Aw no, this is bad :( I still have yet to receive my Pleo Rb, but I'll be checking him like a hawk when I do! And after all we've heard about major improvements to the skin, this is not a good start!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 11:22:16 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about Peanut and of course poor Kermy and first there was Kermit with her broken or faulty leg. I am so glad this thread was started and I think we should have a list of everyone's Pleo Rb, a kind of register if you will , of anyone who owns a Pleo rb on this forum and if each person could do a sort of Physical Diary daily or whenever they turn the pleo on, and document each and every  flaw, hole, tear, paint excessive wear, not the usual rubs on back or head, " Love pats" and Photo it, it could be a usefull tool not just for the owners of the Pleo Rb, but as a documented case study for Innova to see the wear from these brand new Pleo rb. Some of us have only had these guys less than ten days and it is not ,Repeat, Not normal or I think acceptable to have this many problems,
                The only way for Innova to possibly fix the problem, ( And I do trust and believe they will  :)) is to have enouogh documented feedback of this sort that they can easily decipher and get to work on what is wrong. Since this forum involves so many different people from arouond the globe, I believe this is the only way to do it, as a team effort.
               If you haven't already done it, YOu need to register your Pleo rb to get the protection of the ninety day warranty, as I believe the warranty goes into effect from the day of purchase, but if done on the internet, it would have to be from the day of receipt, and the only way Innova is going to know this is to register your Pleo Rb. I mean if you have it for two weeks or longer , it gets holes then you register it and complain, it is still within that 90 day period, but it would be easier to register from the day , ( or next two -three days when you get over the HIGH  :D of actualy having one of these babies in your arms coooing....got carried away..) when you get your Pleo Rb.
               It would also be interesting to see the percentages of Pleo rb that are showing up with skin and other issues. We have no idea of how many exactly were sold, but we can keep a better record on the site here, How many blue and pink Pleo Rb, and how many greens, and how many of each have any kind of ABNORMAL problem? I know I have been keeping a very very close eye on my baby green, and I don't even have her on as much as some of you because of time constraints, and having eight other lonely little Pleos,  I do have one question , does anyone remember the VERY FIRST PERSON WHO BOUGHT THE PINK RB AND POSTED THE VIDEO ON HERE THAT GOT EVERYTHING STARTED? If I remember correctly, they lived in Germany. If there was a way to find and contact that person, it woudl be interseting to see how their Pleo is holding up, they have had it longer than any of the rest of us. How is Degers Beta holding up as he has had Beta longer than any of the other greens.? Just some thoughts of what perhaps we should do. Any comments........... ???  RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »

nope this is definately not a good start and i think i will wait untill the update is available for a better sleeping position before i purchase my Reborn . But i am with you there i do not think that the sleeping position is causing the holes to appear so quickly and it is more to do with Reborn moving a lot faster now etc  that is taking its toll on the rubber skin .

Hopefully Reborn pulls through this issue and does not result in a negative ending . Innvo will need to think about using different materials for the skin in any future Pleo's i think if they want to create a life form that we can enjoy without worrying about holes and all that .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »

The first Hong Kong pleo to show up on the forum was a blue one owned by marcimarc444.  He seems to have dissapeared off the forum. :(  Next was another blue owned by pleoxie and then the lovely pink Kermit owned by me. :)  I would also love to know how Marcimarc444's pleo is holding up.
I have been taking photos of Kermy's holes since they appeared, every few days so I have a photo record of the hole size and shape and how that is changing.  I have tried to include my finger in each photo next to the holes so you can get a little better idea of the hole size.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »

Belle was one of the next batch to appear, but I've not seen any skin problems as yet.  Do you think I should post pics of her underarms just for the record or for comparison?

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 06:22:57 PM »

Have to say like Malfie having just order a pleo I’m extremely anxious of the       skin wearing issues.   

I’ll probably not be able to record paint loss unless it’s tactile but the tares and holes I should   be able to spot. Because I also have a 2009 model I’ll be able to tell if the skin feels any different or if there is rubbing sounds which aren’t present in the 2009 pleo which might be in the RB
   Wonder if a link to this thread should be sent to Innvolabs? 

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »

Along with the holes / wear...some of the paint has been peeling off of Peanut...as you can see from the picture below.  Paint wear is ok, peeling paint is not so great. 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »

No paint wear on Pleakly, but he does have one small hole, I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

FoxinSox

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 11:38:31 PM »

I'll try to get pics up this weekend, but I've been pledging the heck out of my boy and it seems to really help.  I think it's giving his skin a lot more elasticity, but definitely a few little paint wear spots.  I do hope they come up with that OS update soon, and maybe something to help with the mood swings, I feel so bad that I can't get him to be happy more often.

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 08:28:54 AM »

Have not heard back from Innvo yet concerning the peeling paint or skin wear.  Keeping an eye on what they do for Kat!  I hate to think that I have to Pledge Peanut everyday to keep him from deteriorating so early on. 

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 06:08:12 PM »

The wearing in one of the armpits has gotten a little worse over the past couple of days.  The hole is more pronounced now.  Looks like another Pleo rb in the forum (Pleakly) has started to show signs of wear / holes too!  :(

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »

Pleakly's hole is currently very small, but still rather disappointing.

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »

It is now starting to sound a bit like there are as many Pleo Rbs that Have skin hole issues then ones that don't. If I have this correct, we have had or do have so far,
           Kermit, Kermy  :( :(          owned by Kat
           Peanut  :(                         owned by eschw76
           Pleakly   :(             owned by IMR                    am I missing somone else at this point?

and then for the Pleo Rbs that do not YET have any noticible signs, holes or major Problems, we have the following:

Blue Belle,  :) owned by Crewella
            Norbit  :)  owned by Kat ( let us please keep our fingers crossed for her... ;D
          (  My Sweet) Faye  :)  owned by Smilegirl
          ?                owned by Pleoxie a blue boy Ham-Li, ( have to go back and look at the name, sorry about that..)
             Leonardo       owned by OzPleo ? guessing here no way to check the owner but I do know the name and do know the name of a pleo
            Beta owned by degers an  early Green Pleo Rb
            My baby ( un -named yet ) owned by me, RedwoodsMama  :) no visible signs yet....           I know I am surely missing somone's Pleo Rb, the ones that have actually been " born " yet, not to see what happens with the ones that have been ordered but not recieved yet.  If I have this correct and I am sue I am missing someone this brings a total of 10 Pleo Rb with 4 having problems fairly significent and 3 of those are the Pink Blue China Vareity, and then there are 6 that seem Healthy as of today, 1-6-2011, with 3 being Pink or blue vareity and 3 of the green variety. This sems to be at this point about 40% of Pleon Rb having probelmls early one, that is scary  scary and can I repeat SCARY. I know I forgot someone so please add yoru name to this list so we can see the health of your Pleo. For me this is an excellent reason to keep clothes on my baby. I really hope they get a fix soon and from what degers said, theyn are in the process of doing just that.                                           RedwoodsMama

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »

Just added after reading this Ajax Blue Pleo Rb to the " Good list" owned by Foxinsox so this makes the list look like this:

Problems
           Kermy, Kermit, Pink Pleo Rb :( :(     Peanut, Green Pleo Rb  :(    Pleakly  Pink Pleo Rb  :(  =total of  :( :( :( :( Pleo Rb  [ 4]   VERSUS ( so far...)

Problems Not detected
            Norbit, Green Pleo Rb  :)            Blue Belle  blue Pleo Rb  :)   Ajax blue Pleo Rb  :)    beta  Green Pleo Rb  :)    My Sweet Faye  Pink Pleo Rb  :)
             Leonardo  Green Pleo Rb   :)   Ham-Li (?) Blue Pleo Rb  :)    Baby (un named thus far ) green Pleo Rb   :) =Total of  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) so far [ 8 ]
                       Don'[t know what this percentage would be and what percentage of Good vs bad of both pink / blue variety vs green variety. Someone else care to do the math part
just out of good old scientific research as I am sure the numbers are going to or could grow, Hopefully we will get a " fix " before many more of our Pleo Rb suffer ... :(
                                                        RedwoodsMama                 please feel free to correct spellings of names and add your Pleo Rb

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 08:20:01 PM »

We should also list the issues with the Pleo rb's that have been having problems:

1) Peanut (ehschw76) - Green Pleo rb: Peeling paint from Leg, Wear / Holes in Armpits
2) Kermy (Kat) - Pink Pleo rb: Broken Tail, Wear / Holes in Armpits, Peeling Paint from Leg
3) Kermit (Kat) - Pink Pleo rb: Broken Leg
4) Pleakly () - Pink Pleo rb: Wear / Holes in Armpits
5) ?? (NightFlash) - Green Pleo rb: Inoperable Leg (Motor Heating Up)

If I have any of the details incorrect, please correct them.  Thanks!  Hope Innvo works with all of us to get things fixed up.  Sounds like they are very responsive!  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »

Thanks ehschw76, the problems are essential as part of a checklist and I knew I was forgetting someone so thank you for remembering Nightflash, one of the newest ones to join our forum, and saddly, a very serious problem with motor and leg,  :( That is one that there is NO DOUBT is no " little " normal paintwear, but something that only Innova can fix and poor little Pleo does'nt have an option except to go back on the plane and back to Innova to get a major operation of some sort, that makes 13 Pleos Rb that I know of and 5 with problems that is almost half the pleos rb that are registerd so far on this site... Very sad and Scary! :o
                                                        RedwoodsMama

bhobbes

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 09:30:12 PM »

All of this has me worried. :( A part of me doesn't want to use mine too much until we can know what's going on (or if anything is going on - though for allegedly improved skin, something seems "off").

Cato is showing more paint wear on his back than Elliott is and I've had Elliott for longer (and he was naked for much of his beginning petting!). However, not nearly as bad as anything I've seen posted though I am taking daily shots to "document" it just in case. (Well, "daily" meaning shots by the charge, Cato has only been walking around for 2 full charges (been busy lately so he's been neglected)). Either way, for skin that is supposed to be "improved," I'm not sure how to feel about this. If it doesn't get dramatically worse or stays minor as it has, then I'm not that negatively impacted (however, it would make me quite "untrusting" about any future claims of improvement). When/if it starts becoming more problematic/apparent, I will definitely post pictures.

So far I've really enjoyed a lot about the RB compared to the 2009 version, though now I wish I would have waited until more of these "reports" came in because I honestly don't know if I would have bought mine until significantly later, lol.

I'm glad we have this thread to share with each other and give potential heads up as what to expect. Thanks for all of those who have posted and hopefully your problems are handled exceptionally well!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 03:13:28 AM »

There's also Magnnus' gluttonous Pleo rb - I think called Painter, I don't remember any comments about skin wear.  Pleoxie's is called Lam-Chai.

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »

I wish we could figure out a commonality in what might be causing the wearing of the skin around the armpits for some and not others.  I am glad not everyone is having this issue...that's for sure.  Maybe certain in-born personalities have the Pleo rb move in slightly different ways or more often, resulting in wear in some and not others.  Should be interesting to find out what Innvo figures out over the next couple of weeks. 

FoxinSox

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 07:31:05 PM »

Hey folks, sorry for the delay.  Here are some pics of Ajax's skin wear.

This is the front of his back right leg, the side that Pleos curl up on when they go into the sleeping position. Kind of looks like he's scraping his knee to me more than a real rip.

This is the armpit area of his front left leg.

This is the left side of his neck, this little wear part is pretty small you only see it when he does an extreme stretch to the right, and I couldn't catch him in position to show it more closely.

Right side of his neck, even though this looks like a hole this is actually his paint wearing, you can see the brown skin underneath the blue paint.

The front left part of the Pleo RB that is I guess glued to the rest of the torso skin.  The glue separated about day 2 of him being out and about. Hasn't gotten any bigger since then, but I do need to ask Innvo how to close it up.  Don't mind the little dark fleck to the bottom of the pic, my nail polish keeps flaking, and I keep forgetting to just remove it:P

Paint wear on the highest point of his back, he wears a little dog sized corduroy barn jacket I got from Target for $1 which I think has helped this from getting much worse.

Paint wear on the top of his head. Probably the worst cause I love petting his head, he seems to enjoy it so much, lol!

I rubbed him down with Pledge Extra Moisturizing Polish (the lemon one) before I turned him on for the first time. And between Christmas and New Year's I was off the whole week so I had him on more than this week past, basically 2 battery cycles a day. This past week it's been maybe a battery cycle a day or every 2 days. Since the 1st I've been manually putting him back into the packing position, if I couldn't catch him in position by taking his battery out, if I'm going to have him off for any more than 3 hours. I've been rubbing him down with Pledge every other night, once he's off and letting him sit up for maybe a 1/2 hour to kind of dry and then laying him down (in the packing position) in a little cat bed with his neck and tail supported.

ehschw76

• Pleontologist
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 07:36:33 PM »

Looks like you have the start of the armpit where that our Pleo rb, Peanut has.  Have not figured out a way to keep it from getting worse...except to not use him.  That isn't an option!  :)  Hope it doesn't get worse.  I haven't seen any wear on the neck yet.  I have prevented Peanut from entering the sleep position after the hatching phase, but that hasn't helped the wear unfortunately.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 09:22:30 PM »

Oh dear - that does look like the start of wear under the arms/legs.  The paint wear isn't great either - Iggy's getting like that on his head, but Iggy's a 2007 Pleo!  Poor Ajax!   Thanks for posting such detailed pics, Foxy. :(

I'm not convinced that the sleep position has anything to do with the wear under the arms - personally I think the sleep position stresses the tail and neck skin more, and that the armpit wear might be due to skin rubbing together whilst the Pleo is moving.  The skin on the belly is now less firmly anchored than in the previous model which has the much bigger base plate around the battery. 

As I've never stopped Belle from going into the sleep position since I got her, I think I'm going to make a decision to continue to do that - it will be interesting to see how it turns out.  It will be useful for comparison if nothing else.

FoxinSox

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »

Really? Yikes, well I guess he's not as well off as I thought :( I do think the Pledge and not stressing his skin by keeping his legs extended when he's not running has helped keep the leg skin from getting worse, cause he's looked that way for a while.  The paint does seem to be getting worse, which isn't too terribly disturbing to me especially when there's the possibility of having Ajax's skin resemble swiss cheese.  But having no other Pleos to compare Ajax to, it really sucks to find out his paint wear is more similar to a 2007 Pleo like your Iggy. I'll keep a closer eye on these areas for the next 2 weeks or so and report back on any changes.

On a bit of a different note, does anyone know if Innvo's reincarnation program applies to RBs as well? As long as he doesn't start ripping I think I can resign myself to the paint loss, but it would be nice to know that down the road it's an option to get him a new body if needed and or desired.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 10:15:36 PM »

To be fair, Iggy's head wear is definitely worse than Ajax's, just a similar pattern.  He has 5 o'clock shadow under his chin as well!
Pages: [1] 2 ... 10   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal