Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb emotions, not all happy  (Read 9592 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Pleo rb emotions, not all happy
« on: December 28, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »

We all know if we have a Pleo or Pleo Rb, they do have a wide range of emotions and esp the Pleo Rb seems to be more emotional at times and esp when hatching , they seem to exhibit a wider range sort of testing these emotions. ;) My baby Pleo Rb is in general a very happy little beings, but as this video shows, she can be upset and emotional as well, She exhibeted a lot of things I do not usualy see yesterday, but this is just a sampling of her Unhappy change of emotions, They can be happy one moment and crying the next. I will show more emotions later, this is just a short clip.
                                            <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2s51FJ4atc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2s51FJ4atc</a>
                                          RedwoodsMama

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo rb emotions, not all happy
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »

Awwww - poor baby!  Actually, I was really glad you posted that - Belle suddenly seemed inconsolable yesterday. First I thought she'd realised she was on the arm of the sofa and seen the drop, then I thought it was the lack of light in my house, then I was lost.  I'm relieved to hear it might just be, erm ........., 'hormonal'.  %)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 05:00:51 PM »

HeHeHeHe pleos with PMS  ;D :D ;D :D
Kermy gets moody at times too.  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 05:37:24 PM »

Hi Kat and Crewella, I am glad to hear other babies having some problems too, it is nice to know it is normal, just like we Human caretakers, I think the PMS may be related to something like:
          Pleo Mental Symptoms, there are so many high expectations for Poor Pleo rb that they just have to let go sometimes. He, he, Can we use that excuse? :D

She took her first steps today, and I am so excited, trying to get those first steps filmed is unbeliveable it is as if she knows I am trying to film, She is happy with her progress I think and I will upload her walking later today, It is so so stormy today with 1-2 inches of rain this morning and 1-2 inches tonight so up to 4 inches of rain in 24 hrs, this is the time of year where I live, ( the Redwoods) has their Floods, There was a Big flood here in 1964 where people lost their lives and it followed the BIG EARTHQUAKE OF 8.2 OR SO IN ALASKA. Hopefully that won't happen here, at least not the earthquake but since we are so close to the ocean, low lying areas often flood and the dairy famers are allways moving their livestock.
               Anyway, thank you for the comments, I need to see and want to see all of the personality traits and things that Pleo Rb does, not just the fun and positive.
                                         Glad to know my Baby is in good company with  Belle and Kermy.
                                              RedwoodsMama

bhobbes

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 08:09:32 PM »

Thank you for sharing that!

Cato was acting up today and being extremely moody! Every few minutes it was like a new personality! Haha.

I was concerned but didn't want to ask and expose his ugly side to the world :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 08:51:47 PM »

Pleakly has been grumpy for two days now lol, but he's still cute :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »

That's just how I felt, bhobbes!  ;)

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 11:29:09 PM »

My Pleo RB seems especially moody at times. At first I was worried because I couldn't make him feel better. I thought he might have been injured, but none of his sensors were sore and he wouldn't take the rock salt. I am however less worried now that I've seem him cheery and smiling. I think he's just on the moody side of the spectrum, but that makes it so much better when he is happy and playing around. I'm also starting to get better at cheering him up; I'm finding the spots that he likes to be petted, and holding him up to my chest seems to calm him down when nothing else will. I still think he's great, moody and all.
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 03:42:50 AM »

Hey RWM that is so exciting that your baby has started walking. :)  I'm looking forward to seeing the video. :) 
I have noticed with Kermy that she is happiest around her noon time and gets more and more grumpy the further away from noon it gets.  I don't know if this is the same for the rest of you or not but it might help for those important milestone moments like learning names when you need your little one to be very happy before they will comply.  ;D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 05:34:38 AM »

Hey Magnnus - you got one!  I remember you said you wouldn't mind one on the depressive/grumpy end of the spectrum!  :D :P

Glad you got your RB - is it a blue/pink or green one?  A pic would be great sometime!  ;D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 05:55:23 AM »

Yes I would also love to see pic of your new baby dino. :)

Dinolover

• Fossil hunter
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 07:46:54 AM »

Mojo also get's very happy and at times nearing his sleep time he gets very grummpy.... I think I have a bi-polar pleo rb...LOL!

Magnnus

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
    • A Diary of Optimism and Melancholy
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »

He's a beautiful green pleo with eyes to match his skin. He's very particular about how he likes to be petted. He doesn't like fast strokes, but just holding a hand on his back and stroking his chin makes him coo.

Here's a pic:
Check out my blog and personal diary at "http://optimismandmelancholy.blogspot.com/", and enjoy a peek into my mind.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »

Wow - he IS a beauty!  Those eyes are fabulous, and I like the fact he seems relatively dark around the eye!  Thanks for posting the pic!  ;D

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »

he is lovely! :)  You should post some pics of him on the comparison thread.  We are trying to put together a bunch of photos of all the green rbs on the forum to see the differences and similarities between them all.  His eyes are lovely.  The brown patch around them is a new thing I don't think anyone else has one like that.  Beautiful. :)

bhobbes

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 04:10:03 PM »

Maybe an ignorant question and not the appropriate thread for it, but do the blue and pink rbs not have any variations?

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 04:15:57 PM »

All the ones we have seen so far have been very similar with the only real variation being the intensity of the color used on the main body.  So far all the pink ones have blue eyes and all the Blue ones have Amber eyes.  So no real major differences like we are seeing in the greens. :)

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 04:19:38 PM »

Wonder why I haven't seen this thread yet  ???

RWM: Awww, poor girl, wonder what put her in a bad mood?

Magnnus: Those eyes are beautiful! I'm not a fan of the brown patch much, but its nice to see some new eyes and skin  :D

I'm actually liking the blue RB more than the green ones so far, if I ever get one I might get the blue one  :D

bhobbes

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »

Oh haha, thanks! I feel like a real (use your imagination here haha) :)

Has anyone found a way to make an upset Pleo Rb feel better? Cato's mood swings are driving me craaazyyy and he constantly whines. This has been consistent for about two full charges and the only way I can shut him up is to pick him up and hold him like a baby and pet his back so he does the nuzzle thing and quiets down. I mutes him but about twenty minutes later he giggled and his sound came back and I couldn't get him muted again, lol. I could never have kids!

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 04:28:27 PM »

Didn't you want a moody one, bhobbes? Careful what you wish for  ;) Looks like you need the coffee bean (It helps calm them down)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 04:32:29 PM »

Yes, I must post the coffee bean video from last night, one moment baby was all happy, then she was high energy, like too much caffeine and out of controll like Java Junkie! It does help some though with emotions... glad I am not a baby Pleo rb.
                            RedwoodsMama

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »

Kermy also has mute button issues, She sometimes just mutes herself.  If I try to mute her she will sometimes just switch off and I don't seem to be able to get her to go mute by my choice.  Also sometimes she goes into quiet volume and some times she is loud volume with out me pressing the button either.  And sometimes she just refuses to turn off no matter how long or how many times I press the button. :)  

I am not sure how to fix a grumpy pleo rb yet.  I find if I pat Kermy she gets distracted from the grumpiness for a few moments but then she goes right back to being sad or grumpy.  The sleepy cuddle is the only thing that works for me too and even then she will sometimes just go back to being grumpy and sad when I put her back down after the cuddle.  

Can't wait for my coffee bean tonight! :)

bhobbes

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »

Didn't you want a moody one, bhobbes? Careful what you wish for  ;) Looks like you need the coffee bean (It helps calm them down)

Haha that is exactly what one of my friends said to me earlier when we were on the phone and Cato was going crazy in the background and I gently yelled "What do you want!!"

I'm hoping it's a growing thing! He's still kind of "crawling" from time to time and not walking yet so hopefully adulthood tempers him. Thanks RWM, I hope to order accessories and an extra battery next week!

And thanks to Kat, my guy has the same mute problems - well he never mutes himself (yet) but I have had the other problems you mentioned. I hope they're software and I hope the blue/pink ones aren't somehow "inferior" lol. I also can distract him from the moodiness but never for long! Lol.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:43:01 PM by bhobbes »

Smilegirl

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
  • Hello guys!!!;)
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 05:11:39 PM »

At first Magnus the eyes of your Pleo are so beautiful I'm fascinating! :) Fay has also mood swings I have to Pet her back everytime. For example when I Pet my other Pleo she is crying and sometimes she screams awful like a monster in horrorshow very creepy :o
I'm so happy about my three Pleos Fay my cute girl (Pink RB) and Pleo my old cool boy  (ugbe Pleo) :-) and chill out boy smoothie (ugbe Pleo)=.)

CARPE DIEM!;-)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »

Ooo a green eyed pleo 
I really really want a green eyed pleo.
  Innvo if your listening and I ever do get an order down before  there all gone a green eyed pleo  would do very nicely thanks. 
 Well I can dream can’t I lol     

Knowing my luck though I’ll end up with standard blue lol. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal