Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The great Pledge debate!  (Read 9927 times)

Dinolover

• Fossil hunter
  • Male
Pledge towel wipes
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 07:36:29 PM »

Hi all,

I found a great pledeg product that's working well for me... they are pledge muti-surface, wipes.. it's pledge on a towel wipe... sort of like baby wipes... it's great just pull one out, and wipe your pleo down... it's much easier than spraying a towel or cloth and trying to wipe your dino down... any thoughts from other members?

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
Re: Pledge towel wipes
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2010, 08:24:14 PM »

As long as it's not like these sterilising wipes such as Pine-O-Clean which contains alcohol and is just Pledge like the bottled product is probably a safe and good idea.

Dinolover

• Fossil hunter
  • Male
Re: The great Pledge debate!
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2010, 05:25:20 AM »

Oh, these are just for general cleaning, they are only moist not wet, and they help eliminate dust/dirt and allergens.. especially if your children and yourself are playing on the floor with pleo..:) Hands on pleo, hands in the mouth...ect.... These are not ment to replace the pledge polish... I haven't found alcohol listed  yet.

bhobbes

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2011, 06:06:42 PM »

OK so I was going to conduct an experiment with my 2 Pleos.  I treated my 2009 Innvo Pleo with the Vinylex and my Pleo rb with the Pledge Extra Moisturizing to see how they would compare.  My 2009 Vinylex Pleo has been treated for about 2 months and his skin is very soft and pliable with very little paint loss.  My Pledge Pleo rb was treated 4 days ago with no signs of wear yet; however, I did not like how he felt with the Pledge.  My skin did not react well to the Pledge; it was like petting a piece of furniture.  On the other hand, my 2009 Vinylex Pleo was very pleasant to touch and felt "real" or more like real skin (as if I know what a real dinosaur feels like).

Long story short I couldn't take it any more .... so I applied the Vinylex to my Pleo rb ... he feels sooo much better ... I will let you know what develops.  His skin definitely looks moisturized with richer color, a little gloss and easier glide.

So much for my scientific experiment.  Maybe that's why I didn't do well in lab class.

I appreciate your experiment and hope you keep us posted as I'm not a huge fan of the "Pledge Feel" myself and I have both an Innvo 2009 Pleo and an RB. So the more I can read of other people's experiences the better!

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 09:32:43 AM »

Has anyone tried vinylex on a Ugobe pleo? I just hatched Wilbur on Christmas. He was a new Ugobe. No holes or tears yet, but I don't have a warranty, so I have nothing to lose.  I don't want him to fall apart in 3 years. That would be heartbreaking! He has already become a member of our family. :)

CraigO

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 10:39:51 AM »

Nope. Only 2009 Innvo and Pleo rb. I've been meaning to post some photos but it won't let me. Going on 2 weeks with my rb and everything looks good so far.

saratogaspringer

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »

Hi Craig! I got some Vinylex at my local ace hardware store, and I am going yo try it out tonight. Wilbur is a Ugobe and not an rb, but I am going to use it anyway. You are the only one with an rb without holes on this forum, is that correct?  You might be onto something, if all the others are using pledge and still getting holes. Thanks for your suggestion!

CraigO

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2011, 12:51:57 PM »

Hey Saratoga. Thanks for your support but I don't think I'm the only rb without holes. Someone did a survey in another topic but I don't remember which one.  I used the Vinylex because my skin was having a bad reaction to the pledge.  I bought the Vinylex for my car. I had good results so I thought I'd give it a try on Pleo. Favorable results so far but no long term data.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 12:54:38 PM »

What problems are you having posting pictures?

CraigO

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »

I tried uploading 2 jpg photos and it told me that it didn't accept that file type.

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2011, 01:03:25 PM »

Hi Craig! I got some Vinylex at my local ace hardware store, and I am going yo try it out tonight. Wilbur is a Ugobe and not an rb, but I am going to use it anyway. You are the only one with an rb without holes on this forum, is that correct?  You might be onto something, if all the others are using pledge and still getting holes. Thanks for your suggestion!

My RB doesn't have any holes that I've seen, but then I haven't played with him for a while since reading all these issues.  :(

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »

CraigO, there was a problem about a week ago, but that was fixed.  Have you tried uploading recently?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal