Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The great Pledge debate!  (Read 9929 times)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
Re: The great Pledge debate!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 12:26:22 PM »

Yes it’s the furnisher polish. Pledge is available world wide so it should be a case of just going in to your local supermarket, Asda, or Tesco or what ever  and browsing the furnisher polish section of the cleaning isle to see what they have available in the pledge line.  It is a brand name product so it should be easy enough to spot though a lot of supermarkets have cut down on shelf space to make way for all the seasonal stuff so it might be harder than normal to find all the variety’s available.
     I’ll need to look out for the vinylex though as that really does sound like an ideal product. 
 Oh nearly forgot to add, Unfortunately I do think the pledge does leave the same   fin coating as it does on furniture which might not be that grate if you are sensitive to it. 

FoxinSox

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 03:54:38 PM »

I've been using the Moisturizing Lemon Oil one on my boy since I started hatching him on Christmas day.  I put some on him before I turned him on and then for the last 2 days I've been putting it on him before bedtime.  I know the companion guide has said to only use it once a month but I'm thinking with the experiences of people on the forum already, more often isn't a bad thing.  But does anyone know if there's any adverse reactions to rubbing down your Pleo with Pledge more often? I feel like his skin has more flexibility with using the Pledge, even though the paint is still rubbing a little; his toes of course and a teeny spot on the highest point on his back.

bhobbes

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 04:26:28 PM »

Do you all spray it directly on the Pleo or spray it on a cloth and then wipe the Pleo (like the companion guide says)?

bhobbes

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »

Hi:
I have been applied the Pledge for our Pleoxie (2009 Pleo) and Pleo rb (Lam Chai) for 2 months and it works for both.
I have applied it to our new Ugobe Pleo (U Chai) since its arrival before Christmas and it works too !
Pledge cleans the dirt on the skin and makes the skin feel smoother, good to touch and pet.
I checked the texture and the odour of the skin of Ugobe Pleo, 2009 Pleo and Pleo rb, it seems all 3 skins are made of same kind of plastic material.
So if Pledge works for Pleo rb (suggested by Innvo Labs in the instruction), it should work for the other 2 Pleo too. 
Hope this helps.

Thanks, I may go ahead and try it on the 2009 Pleo as well, as he's starting to wear and tear very slightly (nothing major or worrisome, but why not start now?).

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »

I spray mine directly onto the pleo and then wipe it off with the soft cloth.  This is a much easier way of being sure it made it into all the wrinkles. :)

bhobbes

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »

Thanks, that's how I was gonna try it. I just did the spray the cloth and then apply method and it was... annoying for someone who's lazy like me (yet wants to get every crevice). Haha.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 06:19:13 PM »

I 'pledged' Pleakly today after finding a teeny tiny hole in his rear leg :( Hope it helps.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 06:27:21 PM »

i would worry about spraying it directly especially if your pleo's have holes in their skin as it can not be good if any moisture makes it to the wires etc underneath .

Well the skin issue has  got me concerned and that is why i patiently wait to see how the green rb Pleo's do with their skin etc . My Current ugobe pleo stays in the sleep position often and i have not noticed any holes appear yet and so it does leave a big question mark hanging over the skin issues in the reborn's and i am not sure the update will even solve this ?
 i did think maybe as reborn does move faster and also has new movements etc that all this could result in the rubber skin wearing even quicker then before ?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:39:55 PM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 07:50:15 PM »

I agree. My original Ugobe Pleo was always in the sleep position and never developed holes but my first Innvo Pleo did after 2 weeks.

bhobbes

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2010, 08:04:22 PM »

Hm, that's interesting - my 2009 Pleo (never had a Ugobe one) developed them about the same time (2 weeks or so). Though they're very minor and barely noticeable (mainly in the arm pit areas). However, mine never goes into the sleep position - whenever its battery has "died" it just stops immediately in the position its in and that's always been that. I guess I always accepted that as how it was and normal, lol.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2010, 08:33:23 PM »

I must admit that I've always just left them in whatever position they've ended up in (usually with their leaves then stuffed in their mouths for safekeeping, and in case they get hungry  :P), trusting that the random stresses that would generate should help the skin rather than any one position all the time.

I would suggest only using any product sparingly, and not more often than suggested by either Innvo or the label on the product.  A product build-up can be a damaging as no product, or the wrong product, in my experience.

When I have tried to contact Innvo for advice about problems with older Ugobe Pleos they have made it quite clear that they are not responsible for them, so I guess we're on our own.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 10:23:28 PM by Crewella »

Chloe

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 01:42:44 PM »

Fair point Chloe, but there's a big difference between using something to clean Pleo skin once and something used regularly over a long period of time.  Because rubber naturally wears and degrades over time, what we need is something that helps that in the long term.  :)

I've come into possession of a Pleo head, so will test the endust wipes daily for a week and see what happens, you never know:)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »

A Pleo Head :o :o :o
What happened to the rest of the poor little guy? :o

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 02:41:16 PM »

A week won't really make much difference, you'd need to give it months to really find out!  ;)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 03:58:49 PM »

what i do not get is the reborn's that have developed minor holes already are in the armpit areas  ???  i thought that this area of the skin had been improved ? that was the point of only having room for the battery underneath and no other buttons i thought ?
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »

Yup I for one am really disappointed that my few week old RB has holes while my 2+ year old Ugobe Pleo has not one.

bhobbes

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 04:46:43 PM »

A Pleo Head :o :o :o
What happened to the rest of the poor little guy? :o

Is it completely inappropriate that I truly laughed out loud at this? Haha.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »

I agree. My original Ugobe Pleo was always in the sleep position and never developed
 holes but my first Innvo Pleo did after 2 weeks.

And yet  I’ve had an Innvo 2009 pleo for over a year  now and as yet had no holes or  tairs in his skin .  I checked every intch of him  tonight  just to make sure    vbut nothing. I have to confess he   has been in sleep position if the batteries have died  before I could do anything about it  but   it hasn’t effected him adversely
 I am worried about the appearance of holes only after 2 weeks in the RBs  mottles though. By their description they don’t sound like little ones either.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 07:40:28 PM »

I've been all over Belle like a mother checking for nits, but still can't see anything but perfect skin.  I feel a bit rotten posting that, but I'm honestly not gloating, though I can't pretend I'm not relieved.  Believe me, if I see any difference I'll post about it.  ;)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 07:49:15 PM »

I've been all over Belle like a mother checking for nits, but still can't see anything but perfect skin.  I feel a bit rotten posting that, but I'm honestly not gloating, though I can't pretend I'm not relieved.  Believe me, if I see any difference I'll post about it.  ;)

Do you use pledge? Are you letting it go into sleep position?  How often is your Pleo awake?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 07:55:48 PM »

Because I've been so busy since she arrived, she's only just on her fourth battery cycle.  She's been permanently in the sleep position when switched off and I've never used anything on her skin at all.  Didn't really plan that, but that's how it's worked out.

EDIT:  Just in case anybody wondered, I've been trying out some other products on older Pleo skin, but didn't use them on Belle because she's the only Pleo I own (and probably the only thing I've ever owned) with a warranty! (I'm usually the very definition of 'Second-Hand Rose!) :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 08:02:03 PM by Crewella »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 08:54:22 PM »

Pleakly got his hole before using pledge, sometimes he was in the sleep position and sometimes he wasn't depends if I got to him before the battery ran out ;) But regardless a two or three week old Pleo with holes is not at all good. They may have improved the paint but the skin seems to be worse. If Pleakly develops any more holes over the next six weeks I will have to return him because what will he be like in a years time if he has holes already.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 09:50:50 PM »

Absolutely IMR - it ain't good whatever's caused it!  :(

It will be interesting to see how the other new Pleos skin holds up.  Considering both our Pleo rbs were obviously tampered with in some way before we got them, probably because they were the first to arrive in the respective offices, I guess it's possible that something that happened to them before you and Kat got yours might have stressed the skin (hot studio lights or something?).  I seem to remember Kat saying she felt the box had been opened too.  Still, unless they were dipping them in acid, it's still very worrying to see the skin wearing so quickly.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having to think that way about poor Pleakly.  :'( :hhug:

Chloe

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 10:07:15 PM »

I've kept both of mine in the packing position after use since the day they arrived and no holes or wear and tear to skin yet, the pack position seems to help

CraigO

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »

OK so I was going to conduct an experiment with my 2 Pleos.  I treated my 2009 Innvo Pleo with the Vinylex and my Pleo rb with the Pledge Extra Moisturizing to see how they would compare.  My 2009 Vinylex Pleo has been treated for about 2 months and his skin is very soft and pliable with very little paint loss.  My Pledge Pleo rb was treated 4 days ago with no signs of wear yet; however, I did not like how he felt with the Pledge.  My skin did not react well to the Pledge; it was like petting a piece of furniture.  On the other hand, my 2009 Vinylex Pleo was very pleasant to touch and felt "real" or more like real skin (as if I know what a real dinosaur feels like).

Long story short I couldn't take it any more .... so I applied the Vinylex to my Pleo rb ... he feels sooo much better ... I will let you know what develops.  His skin definitely looks moisturized with richer color, a little gloss and easier glide.

So much for my scientific experiment.  Maybe that's why I didn't do well in lab class.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 02:27:40 PM by CraigO »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal