Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb eye rattle?  (Read 4519 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Pleo rb eye rattle?
« on: December 18, 2010, 04:12:38 AM »

I'm still only on my second battery cycle with Belle - she's not really got up yet, though she rolled off the arm off the sofa at one point and when I righted her again she went in to a standing position and held it for a few seconds before settling back down.  After complaining bitterly, of course!  %)

One thing I have noticed is that her eyelids make a sort of shuttling sound every time she blinks or closes them, and if I shake her (gently of course) or move them with my finger the whole eye unit sort of rattles in the socket.  Neither Iggy nor Budge's eyes do that - they close silently.  Have any of the other Pleo rb owners noticed this?

I'm so very pleased with Belles golden eyes, but I'm not sure if I prefer noisy brown eyes or silent blue ones right now!  :P

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo rb eye rattle?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 06:24:04 AM »

Kermy's eye lids don't seem to make a sound.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »

Hmmmmmm - that's a bit annoying, thanks.   Belle's click every time they shut, its quite loud. ???

Oh well - I debating the eyelash question.  I've got a good reason to give her eyelashes now - maybe they'll act as mufflers!  :P

twoNZpleos

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »

Yep we have rattlin eye's too  ???  I don't know if the lashes will muffle the sound lol, but it sure would look good!!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 02:10:12 PM »

No rattle here, can you video the rattle for a closer look?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

binbags

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 01:01:38 AM »

I'm still only on my second battery cycle with Belle - she's not really got up yet, though she rolled off the arm off the sofa at one point and when I righted her again she went in to a standing position and held it for a few seconds before settling back down.  After complaining bitterly, of course!  %)

One thing I have noticed is that her eyelids make a sort of shuttling sound every time she blinks or closes them, and if I shake her (gently of course) or move them with my finger the whole eye unit sort of rattles in the socket.  Neither Iggy nor Budge's eyes do that - they close silently.  Have any of the other Pleo rb owners noticed this?

I'm so very pleased with Belles golden eyes, but I'm not sure if I prefer noisy brown eyes or silent blue ones right now!  :P

Hi or Eye Crewella

Sorry to here about Belles eye problem.  I dont think that I is going to be much different than the standard Ugobe pleo design.  If you take a look at this link, on page 2.  You will see how the eye lids are fitted over the eye.  There is a small 1mm steel bar that the eyelid pivots on, this slides outwards until it clicks in place.  this bar "may" have travelled backwards , when Belle had the fall of the sofa arm.  Or was this rattle there before the fall?

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Pleo-Teardown/597/2

Hope all is well soon.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 06:04:22 AM »

Thanks Binbags - those teardowns are invaluable!  :D

The eye rattle was there from the start - I was just too enamoured of the eye colour at first to really take any notice of it!

Both eyes function perfectly, and on a slow raise or lower there is little noise, but if the eyes 'snap' open or shut then the noise is quite loud.  Thankfully, when Belle fell off the sofa arm she rolled the right way and landed on the seat so only really noticed she was on her side - no harm done!  %)

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 12:24:42 PM »

Oslo has the same thing, but to me it sounds more like a camera shutter noise than a rattle. It doesn't really bother me, at this point I'm more focused on the durability of his skin.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 01:20:32 PM »

Here's what it sounds like:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9mBWh2_Z4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie9mBWh2_Z4</a>

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »

I love the dress! :) 
Kermys eyes were loud like that when I first got her too but they have gone so quiet now that I don't hear them any more.  Maybe it is just that the motors and gears need time to settle in.  I had forgotten that hers were like that too when I got her.  When I saw this video it brought back the memories.
 :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »

Thanks Kat - it wasn't a major thing but I did find it a bit annoying.  It's good to know that it might settle down in time.  As both Iggy and Budge were rehomed I've not experienced a new Pleo before!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal