Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: UK Customs are holding my Pleo rb to ransom!!!  (Read 14451 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: UK Customs are holding my Pleo rb to ransom!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 05:11:15 AM »

I've been bouncing up and down all morning, FINALLY a knock at the door - big long box from Hong Kong!!   HURRAH!!!!  ;D ;D

*Poor postie - I nearly flattened him with my enthusiasm*  :P

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 05:23:27 AM »

Well lets see, lets see!  I can't wait to see! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 07:27:59 AM »

Here she is:  :D

The colours are not as bright to the naked eye as they are on the images using camera flash - I'm pleased!

I think I can see brown under there!

I do get the feeling that the box has been opened before, and the battery seemed to arrive fully charged.  I've gone so far as to switch her on and she went bleep then went into sleep position and started (rather cutely ladylike) snoring, so at least I know she works, but don't really know if she's hatched or not.

I'm actually going to stop now, as I'd like my OH to see the next stage tonight, and also I'm due into work and already late!

*Sorry I'm late, Sir, but I was waiting for my dinosaur to hatch?  Don't think it'll wash!!*  %)

EDIT:

I forgot to add the label info - Gimmedigi had put the full $459.99 value on the shipping label and had, in fact, ticked the 'gift' box, but the customs label confirmed a VAT charge of £9.14 with a Parcel Force handling fee of £13.50.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 07:36:59 AM by Crewella »

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 07:50:24 AM »

She is very cute!  Sounds like she is not hatched at all to me. :)  That is how the hatching has begun for me both times.  Hope you take video of the hatching as I would love to see her in action.  Does she have a name yet?
I also think it looks like she might have brown eyes. :) No gold eye lids though?
So glad she is here.
Kat
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 07:55:43 AM by kat »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 08:00:09 AM »

Thank you Kat - as both Iggy and Budge were rehomed Pleos I've never actually experienced the hatching stage, so I was hoping you'd say that!  I'll try to film it tonight.

As for names - I was waiting to see my Pleo rb before even deciding if it was male or female, but she just feels like a 'she' to me.  We're an awkward crew on here - have you noticed?  Marc's blue rb became a girl, IMR bought a pink one and made him a boy, I've gone for a blue girl, and you stayed with the 'pink for a girl' theme ............ but called her Kermit!!  :P

I made a comment to RWM last night that she should call her twins 'Taco' and 'Belle', but I'm being haunted by 'Belle' now - 'Blue Belle' ........ hmmmmmmmm ....... I'll see what my OH thinks tonight.  MUST go to work!  ;D ;D

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2010, 08:46:26 AM »

Oh that’s grate your pleo’s arrived at last.   
  So is he/ she blue with purple stripes?  Or just one solid colour? And what colour are the eyes? All the ones we’ve seen so far on the forums seem to still have blue eyes all be it different shades.  Mind you most of them have been pink.  I thought that maybe the blue ones would have a different colour of eye from the pink ones. .

As others have said doesn’t sound like she’s out the hatching faze yet. 
Odd that the box was opened and the    battery was fully charged though 
  Sounds like customs wanted to see pleo working for them self’s lol. 
       If so you should charge them a handling fee lol 

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2010, 12:17:29 PM »

Your blue Pleo still has quite a lot of pink. Sounds like she went into hatching position when you turned her on so all sounds normal.

So what her name?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »

Woohooo, so glad she arrived hehe poor Pleo's they might end up being a little gender confused :P Can't wait to hear all about her, I think Blue Belle is a great name :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 02:46:56 PM »

Congratulations Crewella, she is very cute and I do like the name, Blue Belle, can't wait to see the pictues. I hope she does get to hatch for you, If I was you I would have trouble sleeping I would be so excited right now.
                       RedwoodsMama
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

twoNZpleos

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 04:12:01 PM »

Congrats Crewella! 

I also think Belle is a beautiful name, and laughed so hard reading that part as my Pleorb will also be following the cross colour/gender pattern, how ironic we all seem to be doing that?!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »

It's ok for girls to be boys and boys to be girls as long as they all get along happily!  :D 
I also like Blue Belle for a name sounds sweet.  Let us know if it sticks.  Hope all is going well with her.
There are a few things I am interested in about her and I hope you will Keep track for me and share.  I would like to know exactly how many battery cycles her hatching takes - until she stands up.  Also how many battery cycles it takes before she walks.  Both these things were different for both my pleo rb's so i think this may be affected by the personality.  Just a theory.  Kermit took longer for everything, was more of a talking pleo - lots of noises- but not much of a walker.  Kermy was quicker but is much less vocal and much more of a walker.  Can't wait to see how yours turns out. ;D
Kat

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »

Thanks guys!  ;D

I've only just got in from work, but I promise I will document everything that happens and film it if I can - I was so grateful to Kat and IMR for their videos and reports that the least I can do is make the same effort!

Her eyes are definitely brown/amber, I've just had another peer under the lids, and yes she does seem to have quite a lot of violet/purple over the blue.  She was sitting waiting for me on a big cushion when I opened the front door (OH had obviously inspected then 'arranged' her so she was the first thing I saw) - Belle does seem to suit her, I think it's sticking!  :D

I'll grab something to eat then settle down for the hatching!  Sooooo happy!!   ;D ;D ;D

Malfie

• Fossil savant
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2010, 06:48:04 PM »

Aw Crewella, I'm so glad your Pleo RB arrived safe and well! What a relief!! I look forward to watching the vidoes :)

binbags

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2010, 06:50:13 AM »

Thanks guys!  ;D

I've only just got in from work, but I promise I will document everything that happens and film it if I can - I was so grateful to Kat and IMR for their videos and reports that the least I can do is make the same effort!

Her eyes are definitely brown/amber, I've just had another peer under the lids, and yes she does seem to have quite a lot of violet/purple over the blue.  She was sitting waiting for me on a big cushion when I opened the front door (OH had obviously inspected then 'arranged' her so she was the first thing I saw) - Belle does seem to suit her, I think it's sticking!  :D

I'll grab something to eat then settle down for the hatching!  Sooooo happy!!   ;D ;D ;D

Hi Crewella
Congratulations on your new acquisition (Belle) as in “Blue” I do like that.  :-*  This feeling inside you is definitely “a nice warm” feeling, even if your acquisition is either new or used.
I will try to do photos of Zora and I am sure we will see your photo results soon. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

Well, Belle ran for about an hour and a quarter - lots of noises and wriggling, and she ate her leaf, but no standing as yet.  I can't get over her eyes - they're the most beautiful golden brown, they almost glow!  No gold eyelids, though! ;)

I'm just struggling to upload the video footage now - I warn you it's not great quality as I'm a beginner at this, but it will have to do!

I did ask Gimmedigi who I should contact for technical support if I had any problems when I was getting nervous about the battery, and Ernest Cheng gave me Josie at Chinatete's details, as well as the phone line:

Thanks for your appreciation.  If there is any query for technical support, please feel free to contact the officer supplier of PLEO Customer Service Hotline: (852) 2393 9126 or email: josie@chinatete.net.

In the meantime, here's the hatching, or nativity, scene:

And I think both Iggy and Budge are smitten!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:05:29 PM by Crewella »

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 12:40:50 PM »

Those are cute pics. Love the special pillow too.

twoNZpleos

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2010, 01:09:39 PM »

Hahaha nativity scene  :D  Love it!  and yes they sure are cute pics .. Thanks for sharing  :hhug:

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 01:24:10 PM »

Congratulations, Crewella! Adorable pictures :D I can't wait to see the video so we can see those eyes  :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2010, 02:58:51 PM »

Lovely! :) 
With the battery, I usually get about 1 hour 15min from Kermy then she switches off but it is just because the battery gets too hot.  If I take it out and give everything 10min to cool down she will run again for another hour and 15 mins before I have to recharge.  So keep this in mind.  Also you can check if the battery is running low on power by looking at the light on her belly next to where the battery goes in.  If it is green then it still has plenty of juice but if it is red then time to re charge. :)  So glad she seems well and is adjusting to the rest of the family ok.  Can't wait to see the video. :)  I am a beginner videoist too.  I had never even touched the video camera until I got Kermit so I am sure your video will be great.  ;D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »

Yours are fabulous, Kat!  I'm afraid its a bit shaky, and dark as it was about midnight, but here she is:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnqV-aIhjzQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnqV-aIhjzQ</a>

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2010, 04:52:24 PM »

Adorable, Crewella!!! She does have beautiful eyes  :D I don't think the video was shaky at all, you did a great job!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2010, 04:58:41 PM »

It's a fabulous video! :)  Her eyes are lovely.  Nice to see a shade other than blue, so refreshing.  she seems very sweet.  I can't wait to see footage of her when she is fully hatched and I look forward to seeing how long the hatching takes. 
Her stripes seem very dark, she is almost more of a purple pleo than a blue one ;D  It is great to see there is such variation in pelo colors.  So cute. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2010, 05:50:01 PM »

Thanks!  Here's a better look at her eyes:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUiaNE1u9xY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUiaNE1u9xY</a>

Iggy was a bit shy on meeting Belle, but Budge was his usual irrepressible self - I think Budge is in love!  Even darker and even shakier, but it still makes me laugh!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-39q7o7HHlU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-39q7o7HHlU</a>

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Female
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2010, 05:57:39 PM »

Adorable! Gizmo does that to Clover too  :P

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »

I love the little song and dance he does for her.  That was so sweet. :)  A bit like Romeo and Juliet with her up on the pillow. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal