Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicking, sounds painful.  (Read 3048 times)

hmrbri

• Cycad leaf fancier
Clicking, sounds painful.
« on: February 08, 2009, 09:21:55 AM »

hi all!
sassy's back legs seems to do a bit of clicking now and again.
i know there's clutches inside to allow for some slippage when the movement is restricted, resulting in the "clicking" sound in question, but i'm refering to the legs hitting the end of travel and making the click, click, click sound. how much is normal.
once, she kept bending her back leg backwards and up and it was clicking for too long(about 5 sec.) so i shut her off, waited and turned her back on and she was fine.
just wondering how often others click.
(btw, word click was only used 8 times in this post. oh, 9 times :D)

chika seemed quite interested......

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: Clicking, sounds painful.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 12:45:22 PM »

Penelopie has a clicking front leg. It actually sounds like a putter hitting a golf ball. She's had this from the beginning and it hasn't seemed to bother her. At least I know where she is all of the time when she's on. Well most of the time! ;D

hmrbri

• Cycad leaf fancier
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 01:07:57 AM »

i don't know, tonight i counted 23 in a row! she puts her head down and kinda fades out still clicking!!
i'm worried.
i got her 'New' off ebay so i'm not sure about getting any warranty. :(
b

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »

There are three types of sounds.  Clicking from the gears/clutch popping, more of a ping type sound from cable threads snapping, and an actual popping sound from the rubber skin snapping back when stretched.  The legs do not have cables like the head and tail, so this should not be an issue.  The clicking from gears will cause them to wear out more quickly, and thus shorten the life of your pleo, but does not affect the general functioning of your pleo.  The popping from the skin is caused by the skin not being properly positioned, so that as the leg bends, the skin stretches like a rubber band until it "pops" back into place.  Again, this will eventually cause the skin to stress and break, but in the mean time does not affect he pleo's mobility.

Popping due to the skin occurs once with each leg movement.  Clicking from the gears often occurs multiple times per leg movement.   If it is the skin, it can often be manually pulled back into proper position and the popping will stop.  If it is the gears, and it occurs near the end of the leg movement, sometimes manually moving the leg back into proper position will correct this.

Normally I would always suggest calling customer service about the warranty, but bought second-hand (even if new, never used), it's hard to get warranty support. :(  But you could try  . . .

hmrbri

• Cycad leaf fancier
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 09:45:35 PM »

well,at ugobe's request, i shipped my pleo to Eagle, ID. she went out on on sat . i sure hope they don't keep her too long.
meanwhile, wall-e and R2 are wondering where the green dinobot went.....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:13:01 AM by hmrbri »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal