Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Pleo, lost by Post office!  (Read 2897 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Missing Pleo, lost by Post office!
« on: October 26, 2010, 12:29:50 PM »

I just bought a brand New Sealed in package Pleo that has track and confirm, I live in a small town, about 26,000 people. The postal office here I am afraid to admit is Inept to say the least. The tracking shows my package arrived here on Saturday the 23rd, and was out for delivery.( to my post office box.) Well, now it is the 26th, and Three work days since it " went out for Delivery". I called the postal inspector this morning here in town to trace my package, Guess what, they can' not find a package, It is not a small package, but a 7 1/2 pd large long box and they lost it somwhere? It is insured and has delivery confirmation which requires a signature.
                How can a package this large go out for delivery to my post office box, ( which means I have to go to the counter to pick it up.) and just POOF....thin air disappears? ??? I think someone has sticky fingers and has my Pleo! :( Has this happend to anyone else before? I am so frustrated with inept postal employees and a overworked system full of mistakes, On Friday, I also recieved a package, and I had to intercept the postal employee for home delivery, and she said, " thank you", she had to go back to the post office to pick up her parcels because she forgot to load them up on her truck for delivery.Ijust want my Pleo, so if anyone out there sees a lost Pleo, please send him to my home address please, or better yet, to the forums here where he will be protected from " inept postal employees"
 Keep your fingers crossed they find my missing Pleo!
                                                                   RedwoodsMama and six unhappy brothers and sisters :( :( :( :( :( :o

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
Re: Missing Pleo, lost by Post office!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »

Why have you bought another Pleo?  I thought you had seven already!  Surely you can find a better use for your money than a seventh/eigth Pleo?  If not, send some cash my way please.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:01:36 PM by degers »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »

degers, I sent you a PM, the point is not how many Pleos I have, but that the post office lost my package.What if a person bought a new video game or another car, is that wrong. ( except the car would not get lost...I hope) These Pleos are going to be offered for resell here to my Pleo friends who don't have a Pleo or would like another one. Believe me, I am not rich, I rent, dont drive, have been homeless before, am on less than $1.000  a month and count paycheck to paycheck. I wish someone would send money my way, but I know you don't get anything for free in this country, so I have a side business which is Nova's Necessities and Pleos are a growing part of that. I am living at what is considered, " below the poverty level ", here in the states, and I am upset because of the crappy postal system at least here in my town. It doesn't matter what is in the package, I paid good hard earned money for that Pleo, and money does not grow on trees, at least not in my backyard, it is berries, apples, plums, weeds and lots of spiders, ( hopefully all nice.. :o)
And I think I explained the quote" Surely you can find a better use for your money than a seventh/eighth pleo"? If not send some cash my way please. Would a better use be, another pair of shoes, more clothes, a new color t.v. some video games, what would be " better use for my money, than my Pleo Business"? Money generates Money, and Pleos are my business, so what else would you suggest, I don't play the horses, and I don't invest in stocks and bonds, and I don't even own or want a car, so if you can think of something better for my business related to Pleos, please let me know and I will consider letting you be the vice president of Nova's Necessities. ;)
                                                            RedwoodsMama and family of Pleos, unknown number......?

p.s. maybe only people with no pleos should be allowed to buy a Pleo RB? I guess there are too many Pleos without a home also and they should be adopted first before someone buys a New Pleo. :(

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 04:36:33 PM »

Oh no!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the post office finds him/her!!  :(

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »

Well feel free to offer your Pleos for resale here on this forum:  Pleo Marketplace  at any time.  I didn't realise you wanted to resell your Pleos as so far you have not yet offered one for resale.

But, so I understand right, you are "below the poverty line" however you wish to buy robot dinosaurs so you can sell the robot dinosaurs at a higher price so you can afford to buy an even more expensive robot dinosaur?

I might suggest just not buying any more cheap robot dinosaurs which are unlikely to appreciate in value (take for instance the discontinued Sony Aibo, which has depreciated in value significantly since it was discontinued) and just save the money you would have spent on several discontinued robot dinosaurs to buy the newer more expensive robot dinosaur?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 06:20:42 PM »

degers, that is a great idea being able to buy several more expensive robot dinosaurs and offer them for sale, but I am not even sure If I can get one Pleo RB, simpley because of the law of Supply and demand. It is that way with all things, I haven't listed them yet, as I am waiting for the right time, and having been a seller last Holiday season, I kinow from experinece the best time to list things. I sold something different last year, that sold worldwide, ( not zhuzhus  :D) that this year can't be found, and I often buy things at yard sales, etc, ( for example a Malachiet hand carved chess set ) that I paid $20.00 for, and resold for $122.50, with the starting bid at $25.99 only because I saw one or two other examples, I know what things usuall sell for, I have also done that with lots of children's items, being an ex school teacher, I have a large 14 year collection of my own teaching supplies, and have been selling off those items for the past six years. little by little, if I make $2.00 on an item, it is ok with me, it all adds up.
              I may have phrased it wrong, whether I sell any Pleos or not here on this forum, I will buy a Pleo RB if given the chance, because I want one regardless of if I sell any others or not, for my own Pleo, not as an investment. I am not so poor that I sell everything I own. I have other things I have collected for years, such as my extensive baseball collection, and my 1950's Hartland Collection, and my private old children's books collection and art prints. My husband collects fishing stuff and would not think of selling his stuff, and I still have my original 1960 Barbie Doll, but I would not sell her either unless I just got tired of having her collect dust. The whole point of this post, was that my package was lost by the post office, and it should not matter what was in it, ( except that this is a Pleo Forum) would it make a difference if it was my 20t'h IMR personal outfit or a collar that I had bought? I am just upset with the post office and it doens't matter what the item is, but that I paid for it, and it is nowhere to be found.To me it is no diffenent if it is my seventh Pleo or My very first Pleo RB, a Pleo is a plea and just as important . it is like having one of your pets go missing, if I have nine cats, and only one dog, is the seventh cat to go missing any less valuable than if it had been my only dog? :o They are all the same to me, I love them all and a package is a package, I am just mad that the post office is so careless with peoples mail around here... :( >:(    RedwoodsMama and Unknown number of Pleos, but there is allways Nova :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »

Thanks FBS,I am glad someone understands what I am saying, remember how you felt when you Thought your Pleo Package was lost? Well, my package is lost, and there is nothing I can do but rant rave cry and just wait and hope they find it and then I get my money back, which I know the post office does not want to dish out, as it is NOT the sellers problem and it is insured, it is the stupid peons at the post office. :( >:(
                                     RWM

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »

Hopefully, your missing little addition will arrive safe and sound once found. I do know about things getting lost in the mail and showing up sometime later.
A couple of years ago, I made an afghan for a friend's wedding present. It was delivered to the wrong address, partly my fault. It took a couple of weeks before that person, who signed for the package, brought it back to the post office. About a month later my friend had the afghan. :)

Firebreathingsquirrels

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »

Yep, not a good feeling at all  :( I hope somehow you can get a full refund if he/she is lost! Gizmo's hoping it all gets sorted out, too  :)

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »

I hope your package shows up soon Redwoods Mama - yours isn't the only town that happens. Yesterday I received a letter meant for someone else - same house number, wrong street. Hopefully your missing package is a simply mixup and it will be return it promptly.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 11:17:48 PM »

The strange part and even the post office admits it is fishy, is that it did not come to my street addess but my Post office box, and says it went out for delivery on Saturday, which is impossisble, because I only would of recieved a notice in my box so I could pick it up on Monday, the 25th, No one can sign for a package that is not theirs and if they did, there would be a record of  it, also you can not lose or misplace a big 7  1/2 pd package. I have a feeling, someone damaged or something worse and just " lost it", not wanting to be responsible for this damage. The thing they do not realize is that it will show up somewhere and the post office will blame someone who said or was responsible for putting {out for delivery, " who ever was on duty that day knows or should know what happened. There is no note of anything since tlhe 23rd, like it just vanished in thin air. Also it is insured and needs a signature. It is a brand new even box sealed Pleo, that makes it speical as most of them are not sealed. I am hoping they find out something tommorow, Even the seller will not contact me after 3 emails, which upsets me, How do I know he even mailed what he said he did at this point?
                                     RedwoodsMama  and sad Pleos :(

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 03:32:02 AM »

Ebay sellers who don't communicate is a pet peeve of mine, it just makes a bad situation so much worse.  I hope your Pleo turns up.  I know it's no substitute, but at least you should get your money back if it doesn't?

MegandArtemis

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • Female
  • Pleos hahaha
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 05:06:14 PM »

Aww! Artemis's new battery went missing to... Luckily the eBay seller is sending another one but that means Missy won't have a battery for Halloween :o  :'( Sorry to hear about your baby. I REALLY hope she turns up.
- Meg and Artemis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal