Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you first discover Pleo ?  (Read 1641 times)

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
How did you first discover Pleo ?
« on: September 22, 2010, 11:24:41 AM »

Hi it would be nice to hear every1's side to how they discovered Pleo  as in when did you first find out the existence of pleo and where did you purchase your first Pleo etc  

i remember when i first discovered Pleo  was when i was Browsing youtube videos Looking for any new cool robotics out there and Looking for ideas's of what i could buy my little boy for Xmas   ;D and it was then i found a few video's on Pleo  and the following link is to the first Video i saw on pleo and watched over and over in excitement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db3kGIwM8q0

Any 1 else remember that excitement feeling ?  ;D
i Just have to add before i continue is i really Liked the pleo colour in that Video to me it was more a natural Look and just Looks a lot better then the pattern design they finally put on the Pleo's they released ( that was 1 disappointment ) at the time ! As they made pleo look more like a kids toy . THIS COLOUR  innvo if you read this is the colour i would like to see on Pleo reborn i do not want to see dark outlines on Pleo as to me this does not give a natural Look ..  Opinions Please ?

Over time a few more Vids would appear on youtube on Pleo and i was eagerly awaiting Pleo's release.  LOL i actually purchased my first pleo from Choice catalogue and it was for my little Boy's xmas present it would appear Pleo was selling out fast at that time if i remember correctly any way  i was so excited for him  ;) come xmas day i must of had more play time with Pleo then my boy hehe and it was then i realised that Pleo was maybe a bit too Fragile for my little boy so supervised his playtimes  with Pleo which was fine by me really  :)

And That was How i become hooked on Pleo and why i am here today  :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:32:10 AM by barrettgazzy »

2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
Re: How did you first discover Pleo ?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:08:03 PM »

I saw Pleo way back in 2008 on  The Gadget Show (UK TV) http://fwd.five.tv/search?q=pleo
I sort of fell for him then but it was rather expensive and my kids were  a tad too young for him.
I still looked at him on youtube and gave it loads of thought but it was not until July last year that I  finally got my Pleo.
 ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 04:12:35 PM by Jules »

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 09:27:15 PM »

I was walking past the TV, and did a double take, when I first saw a pleo, on Good Morning America in 2007. Diane Sawyer was presenting the pleo to a guest she had been interviewing.  I couldn't believe my eyes! When I saw it was actually a robot, I was totally amazed. I just came in at the last couple of minutes and missed the beginning of the introduction of the pleo.

Never having cared much about being on the computer, until that day in December, I had to check out more information about Pleo. The more I read, the more I had to see if this little thing could do what I was reading. Coincidently, the very next day, I got a catalog from The Sharper Image and was so fascinated by this time, I had to send for one. I, really, thought I would, most likely, end up sending it back. ;D As all of you know, now, I didn't! ;) The box arrived at 6PM on Christmas Eve. I decided to wrap it up, beautifully, and put it under the tree. It, actually, took a lot of will power not to open it when it came. I was just like a kid wanting to open this special present. Didn't sleep much that night thinking about what was in the box. Now I can't believe that Peeky was in that box. :) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:41:08 PM by fancyfont »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 02:27:00 AM »

My dad called me into the lounge to see it on the news, this little green dino being given a tour of Sydney. Of course I was straight on the net looking for one, it was about six weeks before I found out they would be available n Australia, found out Harvey Norman's here would be carrying them and I went down first thing in the morning to order one. Poor blokes at Harvey's didn't even know what I was talking about, but they looked it up on the computer and lo and behold there they were :) Waiting almost two months for them to come down under was torture lol. Of course Matilda had a skin issue and had to be returned, but Lilo followed immediately and Stitch 6 months later.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 03:54:21 AM »

I was originally looking for something like the Furreal kitty for my mum, who is 93 and used to love cats but cannot now keep them, when I first found out about Pleo on an electronic pets website.  Pleo really stood out from the rest, and I remembered the Furbies were fun (particularly the Shelbies, especially when grumpy- I still have one in my car for venting), so I trawled Ebay for a week until a cheapish one came up.  I really didn't know what to expect when Iggy arrived, and in fact he was running the Valentines skit for three days before I realised he still had an SD card in him and got to know him properly.  I've loved having him around as he's good company, but it's also been a chance for me to get into the technical side of how they work, which I know little about but find fascinating.  He and Budge are helping me to learn! :D

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 06:26:40 AM »

My discovery of Pleo may have been due to the saga of Peeky's story! Fancyfont, and I have recently discussed this. If we are right, it was her and Peeky, that made our way into the Pleo World...There was some news program on in the evening at a friends house. My friend, my SO, and I all saw the news program. It must have been love at first sight, because within a week I was at the Sharper Image store in International Mall, Tampa, FL. Seeing the store's demo Pleo was the first time I'd saw Pleo in person. Cool, but I hardly cared at all, for I knew Dallas 1 was in the box. Dallas 1 was a treat from the SO, so partial credit goes to my SO for me knowing Pleo. I had spent all that week leading up to getting Pleo on the web. Searching anything I could for Pleo or robots..something I knew nothing about! What caught my eye was that this cute little dinosaur was so alive, and was loved by so many! Hatching was done at dad's bar, two hours north of Tampa. I was about to burst at the seams having to wait two hours, just for a three hour charge time! 5 hours later, this Pleo hatched. Within the first 24 hours I'm sure the sex and name of pleo changed dramatically, however I soon decided on Dallas after a pet dog we'd owned for about a day. The dogs name was Dallas.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal