Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo making very low buzzing noise? Is this normal?  (Read 2703 times)

newpleoguy

• Member of the herd
  • Male
Pleo making very low buzzing noise? Is this normal?
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:40:20 AM »

Hi,

I have noticed my pleo is making a very low buzzing noise. Its almost like a bug zapper noise. Not the zap noise but that static noise that a old style bug zaper puts off. Like a bug zapper with a neon light puts off that low static buzz noise. The noise is not constant, just most of the time when pleo is doing movements. Its not very loud or anything but if I listen I can hear it. Does this sound normal for pleo? Thanks

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo making very low buzzing noise? Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 01:40:05 AM »

Hi Pleoguy, a lot of problems sound normal to one and not so normal to someone else, I would think the best way for someone here to be able to correctly diagnose it, would be if you could upload a short video with sound of your pleo, get as close as you can to your pleo and try to tape till you hear the noise, You said it is mostly with movement, Is this with any movement or just leg movement as in walking? I think a video is at this time the best bet to get this diagnosed, Someone else may have heard this befoe but calls the same noise you call buzzing something else, I would think less than a minute should get some good sounds. If your Pleo does not want to move, push the two front leg sensors and send him off on explore mode, and that should give plenty of movement with this sound.  Good luck, hope it is something easily fixed if it needs to be.
                                                          RedwoodsMama    and Nova   and friend
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

ohnart

• Pleo explorer
  • Male
  • Art + Science = Pleo
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:24:15 AM »

Mine is also saying something, but that's because of the motor in the eye.....and that is pretty normal.... ;)
Science + Art = Pleo

shadowmice

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Theo, Teagan, Tessa, Eva
    • Professor
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Linus
    • Shadowmice Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 08:25:30 AM »

I know with mine, you can definitely hear the motors when they are active. As far as I know, that is normal for these little guys. That would be my first guess regarding what you are hearing based on your description and the fact you notice it when your Pleo is making movements.  
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

newpleoguy

• Member of the herd
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 02:12:09 PM »

Thanks guys. I will try to upload a video here soon. There's some helicopter hovering right over my house right now for the last hour. Even with my windows closed you can hear it,lol. I will have to wait for it to leave before I can shoot the video. I will try to post it tonight :)

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 08:02:39 PM »

Lol, darn that helicopter! XD

Anyway, it's probably nothing more than the gears moving around as your pleo moves. :) I find it kind of soothing, actually. Still, a video would help. :)
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal