Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What battery to choose?  (Read 1986 times)

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
What battery to choose?
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:59:50 AM »

I want to buy an extra battery for Cleo so we can get extra playtime.   :-*
I'm having a really tough time deciding on which battery to get.  ???

Are there any really significant differences between the new Innvo labs batteries and the Ucube Li-Polymer ones? I'm getting mixed reviews about the Ucube batteries. I really like the idea of longer playtime with less charging but I'm a little worried because I'm hearing rumors that some are not very well made and could damage a pleo.   :o

Are the batteries that Innvo labs now sells more improved than the Ugobe one that originally came with Cleo?  I know that the new chargers now have a recovery feature and do you think it would be worth buying one just for that feature?

Also, where is a good place to get the Ucube battery? I found this one, anyone ordered from it before? http://www.holidayprojectors.com/Pleo_Dinosaur_Egg_Charger_and_Battery_p/pleoeggbattery.htm

Sorry for making yet another topic about the difference between two batteries but I just really want to make the right decision.  :-X
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:52:50 PM by pickelish »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: What battery to choose?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:29:28 AM »

Hi Pickelish, happy to see your posts. ;)AS for the bad reviews of the Ucube white Polymer batteries, I have not myself heard of anything bad happening to the Pleos because of the battery, so if anyone can substantiate this , I would like to hear it myself, as this is the battery I have in Nova. I love the Ucube battery, it gives Nova and I a very long playtime, about 2 hrs + compared to the regular green standard Pleo battery.The only thing I have ever noticed with the battery, green or white, is that when they get warm, it is time to turn Pleos off, and let the battery cool down. If this is the reason for damaging a Pleo, then I would say it is not just the white battery, but any battery when it is warm or hot, needs to come out and cool down, just like your computer, laptop etc, if the battery gets too overheated, it is not good for the item.( common sense I think.)
       As for the site your mentioned, I have not been to this site myself, but the person who runs it sold on ebay , ( Pleo batteries ) for quite awhile, and has a good reputation. I suggest you just go to ebay and do a search on Pleo or Ucube batteries, and you will find the person I am talking about, read the feedback, that is the best bet for getting a feeling for the person.
            I myself, am going to buy a large quantity of Pleo batteries and I am waiting for them to arrive, ( around the 1'st or so of June...) When they do, I will be seeing about setting up a way for Pleo owners to contact me directly and I will sell you Pleo Batteries. ( This will still be about two weeks down the road, as I am waiting for them to ship to me.) IN the meantime, I think this is a good place to get feedback about both types of batteries and then decide for yourself what kind you want. I think either kind is fine but I prefer the White one for longer play time and I still have my green one for backup as well.
                                 Good luck.               RedwoodsMama   and MS. NOva
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 04:26:48 AM »

I've not tried the new Innvo batteries or chargers, but I have just bought a Ucube battery and charger and am chuffed to bits with it - the battery lasts almost twice as long as the old Pleo green one. :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:37:37 PM »

Hi Crewella, Hey, that is a new word a day for me, never heard the expression, " Chuffed to bits", I take it that is good! must be an English expression huh? I am sure degers would know that one, Sounds so funny, I will have to tell one of my friends that one! Glad you like the White Ucube Battery too, it is nice being able to spend more time with your Pleo, Iggy isn't it! ;D
                                               RedwoodsMama   and MS. Nova

pickelish

• Pleo explorer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 12:31:12 AM »

Thanks for all the info you guys I truly am chuffed to bits (sorry I couldn't resist haha :P)

Who makes the Ucube batteries, were they connected with Ugobe at all?
I think I'm going to buy a Ucube battery. They just seem to good to pass up and if I don't get one I know that I will always be wondering what I'm missing.  I think I've seen that guy on ebay before and he has great feedback!  :)

Keep me posted with the details of the batteries you will be selling Redwoods Mama. I will definitely consider buying extras, there is no such thing as to many batteries! :P

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 03:21:55 AM »

:D

'Chuffed' is indeed an English expression for pleased, though the 'to bits'  part is optional! :D

I believe (please correct me people if I'm wrong) that the Ucube people who make the egg charger and battery are the same people who make and supply Pleo in the Far East, so although they are not produced by Ugobe itself they are associated.

In case nobody sussed it, I'm very pleased with mine! ;) :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 06:39:09 PM »

pickelish, I will be posting news shortly, ( early June,perhaps sooner  ;D) where I will be offering batteries for Pleo for sale. More details will appear very soon,. This is something I have been looking forward to, for quite awhile, so I will be letting you know as quick as possible!
      Thanks for the interest in the batteries. Pleos definitly need them to be able to Play happily!
                                           RedwoodsMama         and MS. Nova
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal