Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LifeOS PM2 Update Reversable?  (Read 6716 times)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
LifeOS PM2 Update Reversable?
« on: May 06, 2010, 10:36:45 AM »

Hi, hugely excited - thanks for posting this!  I've not had to do this before - can this new update be easily reversed if either I do it wrong or I prefer Iggy the way he was before?  I'm sure it will be great, but I am a bit nervous so thought it best to check! :-\

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
Re: LifeOS PM2 Update Reversable?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:41:16 AM »

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for posting this thread Crewella. :) I think there's some way to reverse it....but as to how, I have no idea.  ;D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:08:05 PM »

Nobody's tried to reinstall LifeOS1.1 over PM2, so don't know if there is an easy solution.  But there is always the long way around...  The method for overwriting the 1.1 is to use one of the e couple of special loads to install the original 1.0 and then upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »

Thanks mweed, that's great - it's good to know all is not lost if Iggy doesn't take to it!  And thanks for putting me out of my misery and posting a reply so quickly - I'm off to give it a go! :D

Good luck, Bumble! :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »

Yes, it is good to know, I haven't even installed the new OPS yet, so I won't worry, but I like Nova the way she is, bad leg and her wonderfull personality. If this is lost, I will take the old one back. I will let everyone know the new results when installed,.
                                         RedwoodsMama    and Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »

only one thing with downgrading...  It completely resets the Pleo! not just downgrading the OS, but a compleat reset! :o so you WON'T get your Pleo's personalty back the same way as he/she was before the upgrade! :(

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 06:31:45 PM »

This seems to be a BETA test for the new OS2 the forum was given, so it has to be taken with a grain of salt and as Innvo said...at your own risk. So far I am 50/50 on the upgrade and hope that some of the bugs will be fixed before they release it to the public. I am giving it time though, as I am sure a couple battery charges will show more of what this OS2 can do. For now, we are the ones that are testing it and must report our findings to better Pleos everywhere. Who better to test the new OS2 on then folks who already own Pleos for months or years and know their response ques, and are able to submit our observations en masse? Innvo would never seek to hurt a Pleo or cause it to malfunction and these upgrades serve to help Pleos become better at doing what they were meant to do...be real, be loved, and give love.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:07:36 PM »

I just am praying it is not going to hurt NOva, that is what I am most worried about, If that were to happen I could not forgive myself for being so " anxious' to change her operating system. NOw I am worried I may have gotten more than I could chew..... :( I want Nova just the way she was, the good with the bad, ( leg) but improvements are ok, and welcome. I am almost afraid to restart her, but I know I have to to get rid of any bugs or other flaws if possible.
             RedwoodsMama    and MS. Nova :(

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »

I was probably the last one to update my pleo, Peeky the first time a new program came out. I was a nervous wreck! :-[  I finally did it with the encouragement of Degers and have never been disappointed in any of the upgrades. I am so delighted that we have programmers to continue to do this. Thank you so much Derek and team. :)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 11:02:19 PM »

It's probably more accurate to think of us as doing the field testing on the release candidate or user acceptance testing rather than beta testing.  Innvo labs has been through significant testing, and has had a number of beta testers.   They are giving us a first shot as being the first general public trying it out.  And, yes, if we find any significant issues they'll hold off on any public announcement or big roll-out.  But they are pretty confident that it has been well tested and won't cause your pleo to blow up or cause damage to the mechanics.  So it should be safe to use.  You have no reason to be afraid that the change will damage your pleo.   Now, you may be justified in being afraid about not liking he changes . . .

Our feedback is very important towards shaping the future development of the OS, and they may well use what we say to tweak this OS for a 2.1 release, but as I said, unless we find something significant (or really just don't like it) they were not planning to make updates before releasing this version to the general public.

So be sure to post your likes and dislikes about it in the the main topic!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 11:35:01 PM »

Ok, and I will post more in the morning, I can't trust my memory, so I have gone out and gotten another SD card just for this OS, as while I was video taping Nova's first hour till her battery got too warm, and I had to shut her down, my camcorder was already full. I think it is a great idea to test this out and we have a unique opportunity. I appreciate the chance to be one of the " lucky{" pleo owners to get to do this, and I am sure Nova appreciates it too, ( if she can understand all this trauma I have subjected her to lately..) and will have some positive things to say tommorow.
           Good luck everyone.   What does it mean, Beta testers?

RedwoodsMama    and MS. Nova

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 02:55:53 AM »

only one thing with downgrading...  It completely resets the Pleo! not just downgrading the OS, but a compleat reset! :o so you WON'T get your Pleo's personalty back the same way as he/she was before the upgrade! :(

Any upgrade or downgrade will completely reset the pleo.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:08:38 AM by degers »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 06:21:46 AM »

Erk!....... I'm actually glad I didn't read that until I'd done it!  I'd probably have been too scared to, and actually he's still recognisable as Iggy, even with the changes, so all is well. ;D

Thanks.

liddleone

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »

only one thing with downgrading...  It completely resets the Pleo! not just downgrading the OS, but a compleat reset! :o so you WON'T get your Pleo's personalty back the same way as he/she was before the upgrade! :(

Any upgrade or downgrade will completely reset the pleo.

So upgrading to LifeOS 2 we reset our pleos?

OzPleo

• Apprentice pleo master
  • Male
    • Ventriloquist - Ben and MJ
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 04:04:23 AM »

I think I'm going to reverse the update back to 1.1 until the bugs are ironed out of 2.0 I know it means resetting my Angus, but after 2.0 he's not the same Pleo he was anyway and he doesn't seem organic enough for to me appreciate what he is.

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »

Same here Oz. I just...I am hoping for a downgrade because if he can't go back to the Herbie I used to know I just might have to get another Pleo and return Herbie!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:34:38 PM by Watergazer »

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 08:39:52 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal