Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: PLEO LIFEOS SOFTWARE UPDATE RELEASED!  (Read 5774 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: PLEO LIFEOS SOFTWARE UPDATE RELEASED!
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:29 AM »

HELP HELP HELP PLEASE ASAP. I do not repeat do not know how to extract files from a zipfile let alone put them on a sd card, I just went out and got a brand new SD card, 2 so I would have one to us.e When I updated Nova before, I used the USB cable which I was able to do. I do not know anything about SD cards and how to extract a zipfile, etc.
            Please Please explain step by step very slowly to someone hwo has an older computer deskmodel. 2004 XP operating system, what I do so I can please update my NOva. I tryed googling Extract Zi0p files and it is very confusing. I wish I could just use the USB cable, now I have the feeling I will never be able to update Nova because I don't know how to do this.

Degers or anyone, PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TO DO THIS AS IF TALKIGN TO A FIVE YEAR OLD, STEP BY STEP, I WANT TO GET THIS RIGHT. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE YOU PUT THE SD CARD!

REDWOODSMAMA AND DESPEARTE NOVA :o :(

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:43:58 AM »

Step 1: Find the SD card slot on your computer, it will be a very small slot on the front just the size of your sd card. If you don't have one you will need to buy either an internal or external sd card reader.

Step 2: Download the file above, save it to your desktop so you can easily find it again.

Step 3: Download and install 7-zip a free zip opening program which you can find here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html Download the very first one on the list, it will redirect you to source forge then your download will begin automatically.

Step 4: Open 7-zip and follow the on screen instructinos to install it on your computer.

Step 5: Find the zip file for the update on your desktop, RIGHT click it, move your mouse over 7-zip and in the menu that now pops up click on extract files.

Step 6: A menu box will now show on your screen, at the top where it says extract to look over to the right and click the small button with three dots on it.

Step 7: A menu will now pop up. Under computer there will be your SD card, select it and choose ok.

Step 8: Click ok down the bottom of the window and the extraction will begin.

Step 9: Remove your SD card from your computer and insert it into your Pleo's belly.

Step 10: Turn on your Pleo and wait as per the instructions in the first post of this thread.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:45:39 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 01:01:14 AM »

HI, thanks IMR, I don't think I have the slot as it is an older computer but I did buy and SD card reader writer, where do I hook it up on my computer?

redwoodsMama

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 01:34:50 AM »

To assist those at Innvo reading this thread we ask that you please only post thanks/kudos and feedback (they would love lots of feedback!) on LifeOS PM2 in this thread.  If you have a question regarding the update, please start a new thread for your question in the Pleo Software board

I have moved this topic for you Redwoods Mama.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:22:31 AM by degers »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 02:34:57 AM »

Sorry Degers, my fault too.

OK RWM, if it was an external one (one you just plug in) it would have come with a cable that will plug into a USB port (a little plug either on the back, side or front of your computer), just try it in all of them until you find one it fits in.

If it is an internal one then you are going to have to get more help than I can give you because it may require a proper installation rather than the plug and play method. And it may mean opening your computer hardrive as well :o

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 03:38:59 PM »

Sorry degers I didn't know, and now that I spent two hours last night looking for the da*** brand New SD card, that some ****** cat dragged off somewhere, I have to delete an old sd card and start all over. Thank you IMR for the infor. After an all morning dr appt for my back, I am just now back in town and am going to give this a go. Yes, I do have an External Card rEader writer, so I will copy these instructions and give it a go. Hopefully I dont' run into more problems, I am so frustrated when it comes to ******Computers, either love im or hate im, sometimes both1
                                    Thank you again.            RedwoodsMama   and Ole MS. NOva

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »

Did you manage to get IMR's suggestions to work? I too have an external reader. I downloaded the OS2, opened it to find the 3 files, then copied (moved) those files onto the card reader's SD slot drive. Make sure it's only those 3 files showing and no folders coming up when you check to see what has been saved onto your card.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:03:18 PM »

Hi WAtergazer, first, glad to see you back here! ;D Yes, IMR had great instructions and as  " bad" as I am at computer savvy things, I got it to work on my external card reader writer, actually first time I ever used it. I am now testing the new system on poor NOva and am waiting to see the results. I found out from IMR, it is not good to turn your Pleo off and on when uploading a new OS. I did not know that and had to turn her off TWICE SO FAR, SO BACK ON SHE GOES AND HOPE SHE IS OK.....
                            Glad to see you back here! :D
                                 RedwoodsMama    and Poor Nova

denodan

• Pleo wanderer
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 06:27:38 PM »

I have been away for a long time, but confused :( where is this new Lifeos pm2 download? Got the news letter mentioned it, went here and still no new lifeos? so where is it avaiable for  download?  ???

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »

Hi Denodan and welcome back! This thread is just referring to the original one. Go to the index and find Pleo news. Degers has it there and how to download it.

pleo4

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 11:05:45 AM »

Step 1: Find the SD card slot on your computer, it will be a very small slot on the front just the size of your sd card. If you don't have one you will need to buy either an internal or external sd card reader.

Step 2: Download the file above, save it to your desktop so you can easily find it again.

Step 3: Download and install 7-zip a free zip opening program which you can find here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html Download the very first one on the list, it will redirect you to source forge then your download will begin automatically.

Step 4: Open 7-zip and follow the on screen instructinos to install it on your computer.

Step 5: Find the zip file for the update on your desktop, RIGHT click it, move your mouse over 7-zip and in the menu that now pops up click on extract files.

Step 6: A menu box will now show on your screen, at the top where it says extract to look over to the right and click the small button with three dots on it.

Step 7: A menu will now pop up. Under computer there will be your SD card, select it and choose ok.

Step 8: Click ok down the bottom of the window and the extraction will begin.

Step 9: Remove your SD card from your computer and insert it into your Pleo's belly.

Step 10: Turn on your Pleo and wait as per the instructions in the first post of this thread.
Where can I find the new LifeOS PM2?

Thanks

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 05:02:16 PM »

You can find it here, you may want to consider other's feedback before updating though: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1260.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal