Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where I have been  (Read 1464 times)

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
Where I have been
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:34:37 AM »

Basically it's a long story but I wrote and illustrated a book called "Anatomy of a Werewolf" for art and horror fans. It has 335 pages and over 3,000 drawings and photos and took over 4 years to create. When I first started writing it I was part of a few art communities and asked everyone what they wanted to see my draw or write about in the book. People gave me suggestions that were friends and fans alike. One such person, over the 4 years I got to know him, turned out to be a real bad egg with a horrible reputation...and even though I told him originally I would add his name to the dedication credits, in the end I choose not to because in the communities I was part of he was a guy nobody dealt with or wanted anything to do with....so I didn't want to place his name in my work, as was my choice. When he found out he has since stalked the book, always telling people he is due credits and had a significant hand in its creation even though he has not. I did everything down to the page numbers. I have recently posted the PDF file on-line for all to have for free because I prefer the book at least be seen...and I paid for web space on a file share site to do this because the file itself is 100mb, which is huge - the book in printed form weighed 2 pounds! He tracked it down and complained I was violating terms of service, so the web site had my files removed. Now I am trying to prove that the book is my own work so I can get the files back up, but it's very hard since this guy is claming some kind of intellectual rights or theft on it, so now I need to hire a lawyer and try to stop this persecution. He has literally followed this book wherever it has gone, telling everyone he deserves credits and siting our dead frienship's bad ending as my unprofessionalism. It's devastating because this was my greatest achievement in terms of artwork and creation, and after all these events I just don't want to create art anymore. It's just not owrth it when things like this happen and it's so easy for 1 person to ruins things for everyone. Add to that I wanted to make everyone see how great my Pleo was, and to have that be turned down too...well, it just drove me away from the web really.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Where I have been
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 02:57:42 PM »

Watergazer, It is good to hear from you. I am so so sorry that you have had to deal with such a rotten person. it is true that there are so many despicable type people out there that just love to take advantage of people and if you give them an inch, they will take a mile, It sounds like this guy is just trying to jump on the bandwagon, and is doing whatever he can to make your life miserable. I am glad you are getting a lawyer, I think at this point that is the best thing you can do. A lawyer is going to give you the best advice and will protect your interest.
                     I would love to see this book, I love your artwork, and Vampires, Werewolves and such have allways been intersting to me.4 years is a awful lot of time to invest in a project and I can imagine all the sleepless nights and days you had putting such a project together. I wish you well and hope this lawyer can settle this matter in a fairly timely manner and with a positive outcome to put this guy in his proper place. Has he been harassing you as well? >:( If so, by all means make sure you get a restraining order against him, and if he continues to harass you, It will only add to your credibility if and when this goes to court. It sounds like he may have a mental problem as well, and he is just being a complete **********. He wants to jump on the bandwagon, and is angry that he is not part of any praise etc that this endeavor has brought. If for some reason this book had brought negative comments, he would not be seeking the attention and would not want his name listed on the credits.
                         I will be rooting for you and anxious to hear any updates you post once you get a lawyer. I can only imagine how devastated I would feel if it was me. Hope you still are having playtime with Herbie, he can brighten your day when you are feeling down, that is what Pleos do! You can still post here your experiences with Herbie if you want, but if you want to stay out of " the public's eye," just don't post any videos, and there won't be any comments on the web. Sending hugs and kisses to you both. Welcome back ! :) :kiss: :kiss:      STAY STRONG!
                                                           RedwoodsMama    and MS. Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »

Glad to see you back, Watergazer, just sorry you're having a rough time. :( :hhug:

Meks

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 04:31:36 AM »

Dear watergazer,

Firstly: don't let one nasty person ruin your life. he is so not worth it. Secondly make sure your lawyer doesn't make you get even make sure you sue him for everything he is worth. strip him clean. and please believe me there are more people out here that want to enjoy your work. I am one of them.

Reading your story makes me want to reach out to you and give a a really big friendship hug. I don't know you personally, yet, but i feel you are a good person who just wants to share her work.

Keep your head up high.

PS: hows herbie????
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:55:19 AM by degers »

Watergazer

• Pleo wanderer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 11:15:54 AM »

Hey and thanks. Herbie is doing good but I've refrained from showing him to any more new people. I can't trust that adults will behave nice towards him and negative comments are the least of my worries when people start poking and hitting and otherwise being inconsiderate of Herbie.

Meks

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »

Dear Watergazer,

I just watched your video on Youtube. what beautifull drawings, if ever the CD becomes available again please send me one. I love it
keep making such beautifull art please.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal