Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where did everyone go?  (Read 2624 times)

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Where did everyone go?
« on: March 27, 2010, 08:21:10 PM »

Boy this place is dead!

Only ONE post yesterday, abd it was me posting a comic strip.  Where is everyone?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 10:09:00 PM by mweed »

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
Re: Where'd everyone go?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »

I would post, but I've read everything and there's nothing new to say!  ??? Rawrg. Maybe when summer rolls around more people will be on.
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

Pleo Power

• Pleosmith
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Cammey, Cloey, Copper
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 08:42:10 PM »

I don't know why I haven't been posting. ???   I guess I just haven't had anything to say. :-\   and last summer the forums were Less active then they were before then, but then later the post count went off the charts! so maybe more will show up then. ???   and maybe everyone is just busy right now. ???
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:17:57 PM by Pleo Power »

allosaurus

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 06:50:09 AM »

I have barely anything to say (except for my occasional dinosaurian rant).

All the topics seem to have become boring.

All the "original" users seem to have left or not be online as often.....

Hence, forum is now becoming boring.

And hopefully Pleo Power is right, we'll get more posts soon enough (I would start some threads but no one is ever interested in what I have to say anyways  :-\  )

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »

Allo, that is not true, I am always interested in what you have to say.   :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug:

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 01:27:15 PM »

I try to be here everyday but it seems lately some things have come up that have taken priority.  I think the up and down weather has a lot of do with it.  But don't worry, I am around and I am sure things will pick back up.  Gosh I just love the hershey hugs icon so much and use it a lot.   :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug: :hhug:

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »

Welll, then I guess it is up to me and Nova. There is a big festival in town, and I am trying to get a photo for the " Bob was here", photo and today is the last day to do it, and it is raining, and I have to walk 3 miles to go downtown to get there, and keep NOva dry. I don;'t drive, and my husband has been a pest allday, so after a Big cup of coffee for me to give me energy to walk that far, with back and hip pain, I will get the photo, and then there will be more posts, and I have others, but have had three solid days of sciatica, so this is the first day of trying to do some real walking.
                             I will be posting more photos in the Spring Outfit post I started also, hoping to see more entries. Well,Nova and I are reading here at least twice a day, so maybe others are busy, not us, just bored and busy with everyday stuff, and back pain for me. Now just remember, if you get tired of seeing our names, you asked for it! :D       Keep your fingers crossed we get some good Bob photos and not get NOva wet in the process.
                                                                RedwoodsMama   and Nova
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »

Flat out like a lizard drinking here :( I have four uni assignments to tackle (two are due today :o), got some minor surgery scheduled for next month, my grandpa isn't well, got rallies and friends staying just about every weekend, and my dad's girlfriend has been here a week (feels like a month :P), there are pleo orders to fill (actually I like doing those, it makes a nice peaceful break to kick back and listen to some music and relax and sew :)) and on top of all of that I have to organise a two week in school practicum for uni :o (can't wait for that :D)

I do check in every day though, and things will settle down a bit over the easter break :) You aren't getting rid of me that easy :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Darkwolf

• Pleozoologist
  • Male
  • Robots rule!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 02:34:54 AM »

Although I don't post that much anymore, I do visit this forum every single work day and sometimes even in the weekend too.
The fact is... most forums I visit have their highs and their lows. And especially when an entire forum is focused on one specific thing, it's a lot more at risk of getting quiet after a while.
Yes, we have social (game) topics and generic topics, but especially for someone like me who visits many forums who also have the same kind of topics one stops looking at these too.
I have been running a forum myself for years and years now, and is also based on one specific subject.
My forum has the same "problem", even though I still get plenty of new registrations from time to time.
This forum had a very heavy high due to the resurrection of Pleo and it's developments and of course the intense time and energy of MrWeed he put into this forum keeping it all going (forum upgrades, topics, events, news letters etc.) so it isn't too strange that it really gets noticed when it gets a lot more quiet after this "boom". It was a matter of time really.
Pluriel is always in sight, next to Aibo. But both Aibo and Pleo get very little attention as of late due to other endeavors and things in life. So I haven't got that much to write about or to share.

For what it's worth, I haven't uploaded *anything* new to my YouTube account as of late. Let alone anything Aibo and/or Pleo related.
I should do this some time and then I have something to share on the forum again!  ;)
Proud owner of my beloved Pluriel (Pleo) and Diesel (Aibo ERS-7M3)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 03:07:17 PM »

Well, Nova and I missed the big music festival that we hoped to get Photos for Bob was Here, but there is another big one that comes here every fall, I think in August or Sept, so the weather should be better and we will get that one. We did get our entry in for the Tomtoe festival and are anxious to attend our first ever Tomatoe Festival and see all the sights. ( and taste all the wares....cotton candy, popcorn, fried tomatoes, etc, etc.) I am here at least every day unless my computer is acting up, or my husband is on the rampage, saying more work, work, work, and thinks I am only playing on the computer.
 :-X Not me, I am supposed to be on eBay selling stuff, and I am except on my coffee breaks, and I drink a lot of coffee. ;D
 Anyway, I have seen a lot of new members, so I think when Spring Break is over, Easter eggs are broken and kids back in school, we will have more posts. Just remember, you asked for it, and Nova takes that as a personal invitation to do whatever she can to post on this site. Lucky me, I am the photographer and personal chauffeur, which in my case means feet or bus, as I don't drive. At least the rain is letting up some so we can get out to the Redwoods and take some Beautiful photos, My photos are starting to frighten me, my house is not meant for photo taking, you know how hard it is to drive nine cats out of the room, 1 dog, 1 cranky husband and about a million hungry ants forgaging for scraps?( Yes, I have set up " feeding stations", for the ants, I don't believe in killing them, I just control them by giving them a feeding station and that is Our understanding, they stay where I put their food, and if they are ( out of bounds ) I put them back where they belong, and that can take a long time, I even have to chase them out of the bathtub , one by one , no wonder I am tired. See when you are a vegetarian, all life forms are precious and this means an ant is just as valuable a life form as a cat or a human.( In my opinion)
 I have spoken.                          RedwoodsMama    and Nova

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
Re: Where did everyone go?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »

I wish you could have been here, Redwoodsmama, when 49er, his wife and friends were here for Christmas a couple of years ago. What a surprise we had when all of a sudden we noticed things were moving on the dinning room table and it wasn't our pleos. :o We had an army of huge ants that were making their way to the poinsettia plant in the middle of the table. There must have been hundreds on the pink dish that was under the plant. I would have been so happy if they had been placed elsewhere. ;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 11:37:24 PM »

Hi fancy, hey, if that happens again, just give me a call. I have a special " moving Van" , all set up to relocate problem ants. We find a nice site for the colony and set downt he rules. They find it a better solution than having to be washed down the drain, smashed, etc. My husband is so gross! he leaves a glass and sometimes his food dish by the side of the bed, and ants are quick to sniff out his crumbs. He just goes on with eating, and just considers it
 " extra protein", if he eats a few! YUCK........POOR LITTLE CRITTERS! iT WOULD HAVE BEEN very entertaining to see you and 49'er and the other guests watch the ants move food though...I can picture it in my mind.

RedwoodsMama   and Nova

radioastronomer

• Cycad leaf fancier
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 02:35:55 PM »

Boy this place is dead!

Only ONE post yesterday, abd it was me posting a comic strip.  Where is everyone?

I'm back from the VLA.   ;D

http://www.vla.nrao.edu/

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 04:36:27 PM »

What an amazing trip that had to be. Radioastronomer.  There is just so much out there in space to learn about.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 04:52:19 PM »

Hi Fancy, hey, I just had a brainstorm, what if I Post a photo of ants on the march and Nova trying to avoid their feet, they just crawl over her while I am filming her, they seem to know she is Vegetarian, but sometimes they do get under her feet. Do you think that is enough excitement to bring the other Pleos out of their Winter Slumber? :( What if I build a spaceship to send the first ants into space? Do you think radioastronomer could help with the design and plan on where to send them? Hey, they could be ' Good Will Ambassadors from Earth'! It would be like an episode I saw on " The Outer Limits"! Hey now I am getting excited. I think I will have to talk to them when I set up their Easter Feeding Station this evening. With a good feast how could they possibly refuse. Of course, I think they will have to get permission from their Queen first. %)

RedwoodsMama   Nova and " an Anxious Ant Colony, wanting to explore, " The Outer Limits', of Space, the Final Frontier.

radioastronomer

• Cycad leaf fancier
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »

Radioastronomer would be more than happy to help.  ;)

radioastronomer

• Cycad leaf fancier
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 06:23:34 PM »

What an amazing trip that had to be. Radioastronomer.  There is just so much out there in space to learn about.  :)

It was so cool I will post pics once I learn how again. I can fly a spacechip to another planet, study the stars, but posting a pic?...... Gack!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:40:20 PM by radioastronomer »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 03:10:16 AM »

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

PleoLuv

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 08:25:06 AM »

Since I'm new here, I see no change, but I can see how yaguys feel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal