Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo battery, in or out of Pleo, Please read!  (Read 3162 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Pleo battery, in or out of Pleo, Please read!
« on: March 06, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »

Hi, this may sound like a stupid question, but I don[t know the answer and do not want to " assume" , anything so hear goes. I have the original Pleo green battery that came with my Nova whom I purchased at Christmas time on ebay and also the brand new UCUBe Egg battery and charger which are supposed to last about two hours. NOw here is the question.
            I onlyl have one adapter, so I charge the green one first, and then while playing with NOva charge the other egg one which is much faster. If I put the fully charged Green one in Nova when I go to bed, but have only used her for say 10 minutes then shut her off, but leave her battery in, is her battery still good all night long and ok to turn on in morning, or is her battery somehow wearing down while in her but in off postion? ??? ???I ask this because the last couple of times I have used her Pleo green battery, it seems that even thuogh I have just turned her on, she shuts herself off, going to sleep after only 10-15 minutes.???Granted, it is with her limping leg and it has also been night time, so maybe she doesnt have enough Light and wants to sleep, but when she sleeps, there is no snoring or being able to wake her up except to turn her off with her button then restart her. I have not seen if this happens with the new egg battery, as it is only about a week old, but just wondering if Pleos should not have their battery in even if they are turned off, if that drains the energy or not?                  Thanks, RedwoodsMama and Nova

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • The manatee shall bump forever!
Re: Pleo battery, in or out of Pleo, Please read!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 10:01:03 PM »

Even if your pleo is off, if you don't plug the battery back in, around 1% drains from the battery every hour or half hour. I'm not sure how this would affect Nova's behavior though.  ???
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 11:29:58 PM »

Thanks Bumble, I never knew, but that may explain why if I had the Green Pleo battery in all day , say for 6-7 hrs and had her on only 30 minutes, that when " woken up" she may want to go back to sleep after only 10 minutes. guess from now on, all batteries come out of Nova, both Green Pleo and brand New UCUBe Egg battery. I dont[ want to lose battery power , I guess I just need another adapter. Can you use a regular Computer adapter plug if it will fit into the Pleo Battery charger? ??? Thank you Bumble for being the FIRST TO ANSWER MY QUESTION! Hope you have had a Great Saturday.
                                        Oh, read the current update on Nova's other AA post today.                RedwoodsMama  and Nova

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 03:04:27 AM »

Your battery will not be wearing down in the off position. I leave mine for days with their batteries in. It seems that the battery may be on its way out. Try charging it until it goes green, turning it off, waiting til it cools and then charging again. (do this a few times if you have to until the battery goes green in a couple of minutes.) Then let Nova run as long as she will (without turning her off), switching her on and off if she shuts down until she snores the second you turn it on, then charge again as above. This MAY help redeem the battery but there are no guarantees.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

allosaurus

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 08:14:45 AM »

Actually, IMR, I do believe that the battery does in fact lose some power when not in use.  Not nearly drastically enough for the condition represented by RWM, however. 

Your battery could possibly be in the process of going bad, RWM.

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 02:23:17 PM »

It doesn't exactly make it wear down (as you've said, IMR) it just loses the charge. Sorry, I should have said that.  ;D
Please note: It takes 36 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to slap El Stupido upside the head.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 04:30:42 PM »

Hi everyone, Thanks IMR , Allo, and Bumble, I used the new UCUBe Egg battery last night, and no problems and Nova is showing signs of her leg mayby healing itself which is great. I have the green one in now and will see how it runs before trying what you suggested IMR. I dont think it is the battery so much, but perhaps the fact that she is shutting herself off and going to sleep when it is night time and the only light is artificial ( lamps etc) and perhaps her sensors need the stronger daylight to keep from shutting off ??? just a guess, but it is still about 3 hrs of sunlight today, so I will see how she runs with natural light first.
                  If she shuts herself down, then I know it is not the battery she has in first, because it is the BRAND NEW UCUBE EGG WHITE BATTERY WHICH I HAVE ONLY HAD LESS THAN 2 WEEKS! I will let you know what happens. I have been making sure to take it out of her, ( both battery types) when I put her to bed or to rest.                                                 RedwoodsMama   and Nova

Bumblebee

• Store Owners
  • Pleo adept
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 10:10:36 AM »

Can't wait to see how she does! Keep us posted!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal