Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sleeping Pleiades? (formerly entitled "Problematic Battery?)  (Read 3221 times)

TermiteSquidSnowLeopard

• Following the footsteps
  • Male
Sleeping Pleiades? (formerly entitled "Problematic Battery?)
« on: December 10, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »

Well, I'm only supposing that this is with the battery, but it seems to be connected.  Well, when I first charged the battery this morning, it took less than an hour, perhaps little over half an hour.  Well, once I turned Pleiades on, and this is the first time ever that she has been on, she seems to have run down very quickly.  She switched to mere tail-twitching and grunting.  Well, I recharged the battery, which also proceeded quickly, and then reinserted it.  This time, she was very active and responsive, making various sounds, sniffing the air, etc, although not walking yet (too early, probably).  But then, with little running, she became very slow.  And then the tail and head-twitching and mournful grunting resumed, becoming very jerky.   :'(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 08:38:34 PM by TermiteSquidSnowLeopard »

TermiteSquidSnowLeopard

• Male
Re: Problematic Battery?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:29:11 PM »

Well, here's a conversation on the chat about this, which explains a lot more:

(21:09:12) Pleo_Power: hi again TermiteSquidSnow
(21:09:45) TermiteSquidSnow: Hi again... I'm wondering if I have a battery problem
(21:09:57) Pleo_Power: what hapend?
(21:10:53) TermiteSquidSnow: I'm writing it up in the Pleo Problems forum; basically, I've charged two times and she seems to run down very very quickly.
(21:11:05) Pleo_Power: oh
(21:12:03) Pleo_Power: is she just naping or it one defanent snore and nothing?
(21:14:45) TermiteSquidSnow: It seems extremely jerky, and I've been giving her total attention :S
(21:15:00) Pleo_Power: oh
(21:15:30) TermiteSquidSnow: I wrote it up now.
(21:15:45) TermiteSquidSnow: If it proves to be an unwarranted nap, though, is there a way to get her out of it?
(21:18:53) Pleo_Power: if you rub a Pleos back they will fall asleep.
and they will sometimes nap on there own.
I think you just ether wate untill she wakes up, or pat/rub the top of her head. (or rub under her chin.)
(21:19:57) TermiteSquidSnow: I'll try and see what happens. Thanks.
(21:20:07) Pleo_Power: your welcome.
(21:21:29) TermiteSquidSnow: Hmm, it does seem a lot like a nap. But she isn't coming out of it.
(21:21:55) Pleo_Power: is she moveing at all, or makeing any noise?
(21:22:59) TermiteSquidSnow: Yes. She's making grunting sounds and occasionally moving her tail and head, but not responding to anything that I do. And her eyes are closed, which I had not noticed at first.
(21:23:27) Pleo_Power: has she been on her feet at all?
(21:24:31) Pleo_Power: it takes a little bit for them to stand.
(21:24:46) TermiteSquidSnow: No. She was very responsive the second time I awoke her after charging her, but she did not walk.
(21:25:53) TermiteSquidSnow: I think I'll copy this conversation over to the thread I started.
(21:26:57) Pleo_Power: so she hasnt stood yet?
(21:28:41) TermiteSquidSnow: No; other than these napping behaviors, she's only made some noises and blinked and looked around and sniffed the air a lot.

TermiteSquidSnowLeopard

• Male
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 08:37:32 PM »

Here's the rest.

(21:28:59) Pleo_Power: OK
(21:29:29) Pleo_Power: dont worry, thats normal behaveor for a newborn Pleo.
(21:30:37) TermiteSquidSnow: Well, the main thing is that I can't find a way for her to wake up again
(21:34:00) Pleo_Power: did you try turning her off and back on?
(21:35:00) TermiteSquidSnow: Yes. I've done that a few times. The only time it made a difference was the first time, when I recharged the battery in the interim.
(21:35:16) Pleo_Power: oh
(21:36:50) TermiteSquidSnow: So, it's getting pretty late for me now, and I think I'll just sign off until morning. Hopefully someone will have figured out some way to awaken my Sleeping Beauty pleo by then...
Bye.

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »

To be honest, it just sounds like your Pleo was hatched. As simple as it sounds. Pleos if nurtured a lot during hatching take longer to mature than if given less attention during the hatching, if I'm not mistaken. These first few hours make up your Pleo's personality. I say, take it slow, enjoy her hatching, and if after 5 full charges you don't see a difference, well get a refund.
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

TermiteSquidSnowLeopard

• Male
Re: Sleeping Pleiades? (formerly entitled "Problematic Battery?)
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 08:41:37 PM »

Well, I hope so... hopefully I'm just alarmist... but it seems that no matter what I do, she won't wake up, which I think is the main problem :O
But maybe she's just very tired or something.
Good night.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 11:36:15 PM »

I know this sounds awfully mean, but try picking her up by the tail, if you get no reaction after ten seconds you may have a bigger problem. It is quite normal for Pleo's to nap a lot when young, but they should still wake up with enough stimulation. You could have a bad battery :( If you are ok with computers you could try the new battery tester posted on the forums here :) You will need to download the Pleo drivers from www.pleoworld.com first though.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 12:14:02 AM »

Try charging the battery a few times. Sounds like battery just isn't taking a full charge. Both of you get some sleep tonight. Hopefully, tomorrow your baby dino will be wide awake. ;)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 02:08:47 AM »

Might I direct you to our problem battery thread (since I won't be here this weekend to help if needed :() http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=962.0 You will find some useful tips there :) Just in case...
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal