Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: faulty leg senser?  (Read 4432 times)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
faulty leg senser?
« on: December 01, 2009, 08:51:39 AM »

Hi everyone.
 Need your help if   that’s OK.
   I think one of the sensors in my   pleo’s legs have completely stopped working as of today. .
   It had been working before but possibly only sporadically.        I think there always must have been problems as it would not always cause pleo to walk if pressed in conjunction with the other front leg.
 I’ve only had my pleo a week so it can’t be just doun to ware and tare.
  Basically if I touch the front left leg nothing happens, he doesn’t lift it as he does with the other free legs.  He can move it around and  walk with it  but  he doesn’t respond if  I touch it so  I think maybe  the sensor is perhaps faulty.   
 If anyone else knows of a way I could test the sensor to determine if it’s not working   that would be grate.
  I tried  installing and running  DinoMite but  apart from  the fact that  it’s almost   completely  inaccessible   with screen readers,  when I plug in pleo it tells me that    I’m using more than the number of ports in order for it to work.   Witch is odd cause I’m not using anywhere near the amount that it thinks is too much.
   If anyone knows    of another diagnostic tool or a good way I can use to determine if the sensor is faulty or not    that would be grate.
  Sorry for the rambling post.
  Lou

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: faulty leg senser?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 09:10:51 AM »

Usually DinoMITE is the tool of choice.   You are not the only one with sensor issues.   And DinoMITE can tell you pretty quick if the sensor is faulty.  But since that doesn't wok,you might look at the Pleopatra tools.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 09:21:16 AM »

Hi grumpy and thank you very much for responding so quickly.
 Could you tell me where I might find the Cleopatra tools?
   I’ll try downloading them and see   how I go.
 Might be the same issues in terms with accessibility is this is usually the last thing on developers minds    but I might hit it lucky with that tool.
   Thanks again for your help.
 Lou

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
  • Degers can't be choosers
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 09:38:10 AM »

Hi Lou,
I have had two pleos with leg sensor issues,  they can be diagnosed without using diagnostic software like DINO-mite in the way you have tried (simply trying to get a response from Pleo!).

The only advice I can offer is to send it back to Innvo, I suspect thats where you purchased it.  You will need to get in contact with them to arrange returning the faulty Pleo back to them.

Condolences,
degers

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:08:10 AM »

Thanks degers for your reply and your condolences.
    Kind of gotten attached  to him   so don’t want to send him back however in this  case it would be the best thing to do as there is obviously a hardware issue somewhere. 
 Yeah I bought him        through Innvo labs.
   I suspect your right in that the only thing I can do now is   to arrange to send him back.
 Not looking forward to dealing with their customer support though lol.
 Perhaps I’m   being  unfair  but it’s usually  always the same person  who replies   to  emails that I’ve sent and  their less than helpful.
     Hopefully someone else like Derrick Dobson or someone else replies rather than this other person    but I’ll just have to see.
 Lou 

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »

Yeah I think it's Rafael that does their customer service isn't it?  I don't find him very helpful either.

For your reference the Amazon Uk price is now down to £162 and if you have a fault, returning stuff to them is usually very easy, I have returned four pleos to Amazon.co.uk

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »

Lol yeah that’s the person .
 I’ll keep the Amazon thing in mind  but I’ll prob  try and get an      exchange first.
  I did  originally try buying off Amazon  but  it was that weekend when the Halifax bank of  Scotland card   system went  down after that I just bought   the pleo off the info labs sight   later on in the week.       
  Lou

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 11:25:54 AM »

I'm just wondering Scale&tailed if you tried any of the skits that lift the front legs on pleos. Not sure if this would be helpful, but at least it would let you know that your pleo's leg does function. Not sure about sensor, though. Check out Walk the Dinosaur. IMR's skit.  http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=851.0
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:27:25 AM by fancyfont »

degers

• Administrator
  • Pleo adept
  • gb Male
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 11:51:42 AM »

Fancyfont,

My understanding of the situation is that the leg does function normally, but the touch sensor on the leg is not working.  Using the skits might not be much help at this time.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 02:01:55 PM »

Thanks for your help fancyfont.   Degers is right though I don’t think  the skits would help.
 The leg is moveing fine independintley. He’s able to raze  it, move it and  and walk  with it if left on his own for a while   .  however if I touch the leg  there is no response so this is why I’m thinking  that the senser  is at    fault.
 Thanks for the suggestion though anyway.
  Lou

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »

Download the Aussie Pleo skit, or the comedian Pleo skit, it uses that sensor to trigger a song/joke, this will give you a definite yes or no. Sometimes Pleo's are stubborn and just don't want to wave their feet around :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 09:36:27 AM »

Oh never new about those ones 
   I’ll give it a go and see how I get on.
        Thanks again for your help.
 Lou

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 10:23:13 AM »

Well I tried the comedian pleo skit    and it’s clear that   the sensor on the front left leg definitely isn’t working which is a real shame.
 I was kind of hoping to be wrong about it not working but looks like poor rex is going to have to be returned to innvo labs. 
          The customer service guy who I emailed yesterday was supposed to get back to me about the returns  protocol but hasn’t yet.   Though to be fare to him he never said when he was going to get back   to me.
 Lou

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 03:18:44 PM »

Aww poor Rex, but at least you can get a replacement. I hope they don't take too long to reply to you.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »

Well I got an   email from a Derrick Dobson     stating that this was the first issue with the 2009 pleos and that they where waiting to hear from the factory first before processing my claim.
   First person to have an issue with the 2009 pleo, Lucky me huh, what an accolade!?!
  Not sure how that stands with the law of averages tbh but it certainly fits in with the law of “why does it always have to be   me”.
    Will let you know if I here of anything else.
 Lou

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 02:53:22 PM »

It would simply be a wire come loose or not connected properly, they could probably repair it. It's a pity Pleo's require major surgery for even the little things :P

b blue eyes

• Pleo visionary
  • Female
  • ACCOUNT DELETED
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »

Hi Lou,  I thought I was the only one affected by "Murphy's Law" ( If something is going to go wrong it always happens to me - Murphy's Law)

Hang in there, despite Murphy's Law I have learned that when everything is going wrong a great blessing is right around the corner.  Focus on the blessing!  I expect to hear about it!  :)  8)

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »

Hi just a wee update on my pleo.
   I got an email from innvolabs    asking me to send   only the plea unit it’s self to   their Factory witch I’ve done Just   this minute.
 I think their intending to send out a replacement but perhaps they are looking to maybe repair it or    examine it.
   Had to print off the enclosed letter in indigo coloured Ink as the printer chose that time to run out of black ink, (Murthy’s law again), so hoping this will be Ok.
 Hoping that things go a bit more smoothly now.
  It is a bit frustrating   trying to get a reply from innvolabs at times 

Thanks again everyone for your reply  and  thanks for the kind words B Blue eyes.
 Lou

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 07:43:01 AM »

Hi just thought I’d update everyone about my pleo.
    Well I received my replacement pleo at   Christmas Eve which was a nice surprise. I was going over to my  parents  for Christmas so I took  it along and the new one seems to be  working fine he  seems   not as confident  or happy as the last one  but that probably had something to  do  with  the fact that  people  where taking  turns to hold him by the tail.  Something I was not happy about      but I’m   hoping he gets over it.  haven’t been playing with him much since then  as I’ve been ill over the holidays  but  I’m charging his batteries  as I right this.
 Can’t seem to track down his training leaf though so hope I haven’t lost it.
   Louise

Lou

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal