Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Common battery problems: White and Brown (Li-poly) batteries  (Read 22692 times)

nisiomcdonald

• Member of the herd
  • Female
Re: Common battery problems: White and Brown (Li-poly) batteries
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 06:37:05 AM »

Ok I will absolutely try cleaning the charger. I was looking up on google-- u can charge a lithium battery without a charger. U just need a bench power supply. Check it out on nerdfever.com. I haven't tried yet and don't know how much a bench power supply is but the website walks u through the charging process pretty well. If anyone is interested.

nisiomcdonald

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 06:47:38 AM »

Has anyone tried that egg charger? I just saw it on amazon. Is that for rb?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 06:54:55 AM »

The egg chargers and batteries are great but are only for the Ugobe pleos not the pleo rb.
I've never tried charging with out the charger.  If you try it you will have to tell us how it works out :)

nisiomcdonald

• Member of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »

I have a dumb question. What's the difference between Pleo rb and uglobe?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 01:30:30 PM »

Ugobes are the first Pleos that came out and they can use the Egg chargers and Li polymer batteries, white, The Pleo Rb is the newest Pleo and will only use the brown li polymer battery,              RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 07:15:06 PM »

As RWM says, Ugobe are the original version of pleo.  They were made by a company called Ugobe who sadly went bankrupt and closed down.  They later sold the rights to make pleo to a company called Jetta who now have Innvo a subsidiary of Jetta making Pleo rb.  Pleo rb is the latest model of pleos available. Just to confuse things :P Innvo also make a 2009 version Pleo which is the same design as the original Ugobe pleo but has improved skin and I think neck and tail mechanisms. 
So to break it down:
Ugobe - original pleo made in 2006
Innvo - 2009 pleo (original pleo design with improvements)
Innvo - Pleo rb latest model of pleo. (slightly new design with new features and improvements)

Hope that answers your question and doesn't just confuse you more  :)

CraftyClaws

• Hatchling
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Oscar
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 06:17:36 PM »

So I recently purchased a brand new Pleo RB (whom I will name Oscar) and I was so excited to start playing with him until the battery and charger didn't work. I tried taking everyone's advice through this forum thread of using qtips and dabbing them in rubbing alcohol to clean the three metal plates, I even cleaned the plugs and wiring and the charging stand and Nada. Someone also recommended to try plugging it in a different wall which I attempted several times with 0 luck. I'm just out of ideas on what I should do. No matter what I try, the charging stand still blinks red... :(

If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas then please let me know, its the brown battery pack that comes with all Pleo RB's. I'm scared ill never be able to bring my little Oscar to life :(

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »

Do you have a warranty? Is the charger constantly red or by moment?

CraftyClaws

• Hatchling
  • ca Female
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 07:56:19 PM »

I don't know about warranty. Whenever I put the battery in the charging stand it doesn't even stay red, it just immidietly starts flashing/blinking red. Sometimes when I'm extremely lucky I take the battery out of the slot and I see the charging stand stay red for 2-3 seconds before losing its light. There was only ever one time where I saw the Pleo logo go Green for a fraction of a second and that was when I took the battery out again. I just don't know what to do. :(

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 11:23:53 PM »

Have you made certain that the battery is positioned fully correctly? It shouldn't be tilted at all and should be completely locked in place when it's charging properly and this can be hard to do as the tabs on the front and back of the battery need to line up perfectly (usually takes me a few tries to get this right even after owning Pleos for years). However, it could be that you have a bad battery or charger (I'm betting on the charger as I've had a couple of these fail) and in that case, I would contact the company that you purchased the Pleo from for a replacement battery/charger.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2016, 07:35:52 AM »

Getting the battery in the charger is a fiddly business,
 you need to press down quite hard as well. Press down on the front until you hear a solid click then on the back until you here another solid click.
  I have to say going buy your description of the light when the battery is not in it sounds like there is either a loose connection or a faulty battery charger.
  Just as an aside did it come with the correct adapter for your country or did you have to buy one separately?
 If the latter than   you may have to try another as it’s well documented that   not all adapters will work. If the former then I’d contact the supplier and see if you can get a replacement charging cradle.
  Hope this helps

CraftyClaws

• Hatchling
  • ca Female
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »

Thank you all for the help, I'm assuming I probably did receive a dysfunctional charging stand as for everything else seems to be working fine. I bought my Pleo at the ROM in Toronto so I don't know if they can do much about it but an email has already been sent to the support email from innvo labs. I'm hoping that they will just send me a new one for free, otherwise I will have to purchase one off the website. Thanks again for the help everyone :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal