Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutorial: Adding an avatar to your profile  (Read 7469 times)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Tutorial: Adding an avatar to your profile
« on: December 17, 2008, 12:34:54 PM »

Some people have asked about learning how to get one of those pictures next to your name in the posts.  This picture is called an avatar, and it its added to your posts by being part of your profile.  It's really quite simple, and the forums offer a number of choices:
  • 1.  First, click on the Profile link in the menu bar at the top of the page.  This displays a summary of your personal information and settings.
  • 2.  Then, click on the Forum Profile section in the sub-menu link.  This displays a page to modify your profile information.
  • 3.  The top section is all about your avatar.  You can choose to select one of the built-in pictures or use your own picture from another web page or from your computer. 
    • To use one of the built-in images, select  Personalized pictures.  Select a category for the type of picture (actors, cats, dogs, musicians, sci-fi).  And finally select the picture you want from the list
    • To use your own picture from another website, select I have my own pic, then enter the URL of the image.
    • To use your own picture from your computer, select I will upload my own picture, then click the browse button to locate the image on your computer.  You will be prompted to upload your picture.
  • 4.  You can optionally enter some text to display below the picture by entering it into the Personal Text field.
  • 5.  Once you have made your selection and entered the information, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "Change profile" button.
Your new avatar should display on your profile summary page!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:24:17 AM by grumpy »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal