Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Icybie doesn't make any sounds  (Read 10301 times)

UNITRONIX

• Egg
  • pl
Icybie doesn't make any sounds
« on: October 28, 2022, 12:08:51 AM »

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my I-Cybie, I received it yesterday and until today I can't fix the sound making, the icybie is silent, even pressing the remote in the right way doesn't make any sound. I've tried resetting, entering advanced mode but I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or not, the icybie continues to make no sound.... :(

would any of you give advice to help me ?

aibomick

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Male
Re: Icybie doesn't make any sounds
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 01:37:45 PM »

Hi - you have to remember that - like so many of the toy robotics we play with now - are actually very very old. I have a number of I-Cybies - fortunately all working. Like the Robosapiens and others - the plastic around the wiring is now very brittle and can break off small soldered joints very easily - my educated guess is that the wires have simply come off the speaker unit.

Now - it's not easy to get in there to fix it even if you're up to some fairly delicate soldering - and the risk of disconnecting even more wires is great unless you're super careful.

If you really want advice as to how to strip the I-Cybie down then post here again - I don't often check in - every few days - but I'll try to help.

If you're not up to dismantling and soldering then you have a mute I-Cybie - sorry about that .... I could always sell you another ... I have several.

There's nothing you (or anyone else) can do about the internal software program that's running the dog - it's just not accessible ....

Regards,  Mick

Slim Libra

• Hatchling
  • gb Female
Re: Icybie doesn't make any sounds
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 05:34:21 AM »

Hi - you have to remember that - like so many of the toy robotics we play with now - are actually very very old. I have a number of I-Cybies - fortunately all working. Like the Robosapiens and others - the plastic around the wiring is now very brittle and can break off small soldered joints very easily - my educated guess is that the wires have simply come off the speaker unit.

Now - it's not easy to get in there to fix it even if you're up to some best fat burner for men fairly delicate soldering - and the risk of disconnecting even more wires is great unless you're super careful.

If you really want advice as to how to strip the I-Cybie down then post here again - I don't often check in - every few days - but I'll try to help.

If you're not up to dismantling and soldering then you have a mute I-Cybie - sorry about that .... I could always sell you another ... I have several.

There's nothing you (or anyone else) can do about the internal software program that's running the dog - it's just not accessible ....

Regards,  Mick

Thanks for details. In my opinion sound is not a necessary to play a game.
But we can hope that it will improve with time.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 04:53:08 AM by Slim Libra »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal