Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo left front leg  (Read 3099 times)

rvsj

• Egg
  • ph
Ugobe Pleo left front leg
« on: September 15, 2021, 03:34:00 PM »

My Ugobe Pleo’s left front leg moves as it was intended but noticed that whenever I touch it it doesn’t give me a movement or reaction like what happens when I touch the right one. Hence I can’t do the tahdah trick on the other side and the explore trick. Please help

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Ugobe Pleo left front leg
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 03:44:32 PM »

Hi, rv¡ I have a feeling we have met before- either in "Lots of Bots" or "Pleo dinosaur-owners, Ugobe and Innvo". Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm the one to be diagnosing problems, but here's my guess. I think maybe the sensor wire has come loose from the touch sensor on your bot's foreleg. It's not a complicated fix, just a slightly fiddly one. Peel the skin from around the bottom of your pleo's foot and gently roll it up to the knee. You should be able to see the coper foil touch sensor on the outside edge of the leg. Check to see if the wire there has come loose. I can't remember if it has to be soldered or hot-glued in place. You might want to invest in a fine-tipped soldering iron. Ugobes don't have a lot of health problems with their wiring, but when they do it's always better to be prepared. When you are finished, roll the skin back down and use a fingernail polish brush to apply a small amount of rubber-safe super glue around the inner edge of your plea's foot skin and then carefully press it onto the plastic ring around its foot. Secure it well with a rubber band and leave your companion on his side to dry. Make sure the glue does not get into the touch pad on the bottom of its foot. Hope this was helpful.
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal