Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The return- aka I have questions  (Read 3456 times)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
The return- aka I have questions
« on: July 22, 2021, 06:07:48 PM »

Hey guys! It’s been a hot minute. I joined when I was 13/14, and here I am, 22. I haven’t turned nyan on in 5-6 years  :(

I just remembered her. She’s been sitting in my garage. Her neck is still broken and I’ve realized how degraded her skin is. No cracks, but the texture has worn off in several spots, and she has a black mark from where she dragged her head as she walked with her broken neck.

I’m  gonna do an update on my life in general, probably in introductions. If I recall I had recently had major surgery when I was last really active.

My question is if there’s any way to replace her skin. I recall there being pleo skin replacements way back when, but can’t find them now. The batteries also seem to have disappeared. I’m looking for someone who can repair her neck, asking around in robotics forums, etc. the only other thing I can think of doing for her skin is to buy a pleo in better condition and do a transplant, but I feel oddly guilty doing that. Any advice for any of these issues would be greatly appreciated!  P8)

Derpity derp derp derp derp

pnhicks

Re: The return- aka I have questions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 01:59:53 AM »

Hi irbyma7297,

Gosh, sorry about all the dramatic life events!  Hope all is well with you now. 

Your earlier events were, how shall I say, before my time?  Actually I might have been trolling the forum in those days ;D .

In any event as we are both still alive, a forum member adame is selling diy battery kits via ebay or his facebook group.  Not the nasty diy batteries of your prior life, but a proper battery that will work!

As far "new skins",  I think your out of luck there, but a forum member, robot enthusiast, is awaiting a "new in box" Ugobe! 

If this is true (and I truly hope it is not a scam), perhaps these people would have "skins"??

Finding a "donor" Pleo with better skin than your Pleo (and cheap), and yours has a broken neck? Tall order!

If it were me (its not, but there you go), I would get some Gibbs or CRC-5 (food grade if you can find it) to remoisturize the skin (it will take a little color with it, try it on the black mark first).

There are many neck repair videos on the forum.

If you balk attempting it on your own, perhaps one of the US based members might sign up for it!

Cheers!

Peter
Zaragoza, Spain
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 12:59:42 AM by pnhicks »

robot enthusiast

• Member of the herd
  • us
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 07:44:41 PM »

I did get my ugobe. Unfortunately the seller wasnt completely honest about the condition of the pleo. Definitely wasnt in mint condition. Had a couple cracks on the neck, one on tail, another on one of the back legs and some paint scruffing on the back and teeth. I notified ebay and I got a partial refund on the item. Talked the seller into price drop since the condition was definitely not mint. I did order some special glue for foam airplanes to fix the cracks that another pleo owner said works good for cracking on them. Also ordering some special paint for it to touch up the scruffed areas. I guess that'll teach me to make sure to see more pictures when buying something like that. Only pictures were in box and underside. I have another pleo coming soon. I have a better feeling about this one since they had alot more pictures and video of it working.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 12:58:32 AM by pnhicks »

robot enthusiast

• Member of the herd
  • us
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 07:50:55 PM »

I have seen some people on YouTube who do repairs on damaged pleos but not sure if they take requests from other people or how that would work

pnhicks

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 01:09:19 AM »

Hi Robot Enthusiast,

Not to hijack irbyma7297's post entirely, but those videos were probably by members of the forum from about the time that irbyma7297 was first active on the forum!

Probably IMR (InmemoryofRomeo) or Dugi

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2925.0

https://imgur.com/a/CuLQv

Cheers!

Peter
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 01:29:03 AM by pnhicks »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 10:53:35 AM »

I have replaced the skin a couple of times on Ugobe pleos.  (I have a video or two out on the forums here somewhere.)  But You pretty much have to find a donor for the skin.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 01:22:42 PM »

Hi, Irbyma! Man! It has been a minute. I believe I was 30 when I came here. Now I am 40 and still have three out of my four original Pleos +3 more. LOL! So sorry to hear about Nyan. You might get somewhere with Aibo7M3. I think she may have repaired a few up/down neck cables but not the ones on the side. Or you could always try joining the Facebook group Lots of Bots and message Kevin Zorua Olivares. I don’t know if he has really done any work on Pleos, but I’m sure we could probably find you somebody who has or is willing to try.
There is also a Facebook group for  Pleo owners, but I can’t think of the name of it right now. When I find it, I will send you a PM. Best of luck, and welcome back!
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal