Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DIY Battery  (Read 3606 times)

Loke

• Leaving the nest
  • us
DIY Battery
« on: June 14, 2021, 07:59:05 AM »

I have two new Pleo's coming and am planning on building a custom battery that I can just use to drop rechargeable cells into. I don't feel like dealing with this never-ending battery issue that comes with Pleo, and I'm sure most people here are tired of it as well. I will update this post once I start working on the project, but I already found a battery pack that's under $2. There's really no downside to this. If it's as cheap and easy as I believe it will be, then people here will no longer have to worry about running their dinosaurs once all the Ugobe or Innovo batteries disappear.

By the way, are the Pleo RB batteries more hardy and powerful? Or should I worry about having to build one of those as well?

pnhicks

Re: DIY Battery
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 07:10:27 AM »

DIY batteries!! Yikes!!  You might want to skim through the 20k posts on the subject before you try to reinvent the wheel!  User AdamE has a really good solution and again I don't get commission from him either  (I have a lot of lost revenue streams). 

Different OS versions will demand that there is a battery temp circuit and the pack should include the reverse polarity key (which is different for RB and Ugobe versions) as reverse installation will cause bad things to happen.

The charger base must also be compatible with the battery chemistry of your  "replacement" battery pack.  Some PleoRBs have Lipo battery chargers (and lipo battery packs) while the majority (if not all) original Ugobe Pleos came with NiMH batteries and charger. 

Good Luck!

Peter

Loke

• Leaving the nest
  • us
Re: DIY Battery
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 07:47:18 AM »

I somewhat regret prematurely making this topic, and will probably purchase a model from adam, but I still want to give this a go when my new pleos get here, especially if the batteries are non-functional. There are indeed a trillion posts here that I've been reading through.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal