Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to use dfu method to update pleo firmware?  (Read 3835 times)

xu peng

• Egg
  • cn Male
  • Pleo(s): not yet
How to use dfu method to update pleo firmware?
« on: April 02, 2021, 12:05:31 AM »

I read the official dpk document and talked about using "device firmware upgrade" to update the firmware, but I didn't mention the specific steps. Does anyone know how to do it?In addition, I use a 4GB SD SDHC card and use the upgrade firmware command of pleo's monitor to read the data in the card for upgrade, but the image file cannot be opened. Why?

pnhicks

Re: How to use dfu method to update pleo firmware?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 11:56:21 AM »

Hello Xu Peng,

It is Easter Holiday weekend here (looooong weekend for us here in Spain) so I was not paying attention to the forum!

Sorry about that!

As far as your question goes, You did not specify which version of Pleo you are trying to modify.  There is really no sense to to update a working PleoRB as there really has been any development on the firmware, unless you are the proud owner of a "bricked" RB, then good luck on that one!

Some people have had luck restoring "lightly" bricked PleoRBs with the "Pleo RB reset file" which you can find on the forum download section here:

Bob the Pleo Forums - Pleo RB reset file

NOTE: It does NOT return your Pleo to newborn.

If you want to upgrade or downgrade the OS on your UGOBE Pleo there are both USB and SB versions of the tools on the forum here:

USB:
Bob the Pleo Forums - USB Updaters for Ugobe "Classic" Pleo (not for RB)

SD Version:

Bob the Pleo Forums - "Classic" Pleo OS Versions (not for RB)

The SD versions are much more flexible, and alos contains the famous Point of Purchase (POP) "DEMO" software that can be used to "overwrite" a corrupted UGOBE Pleo OS for further software installations.

If found this on a post I made last May. " The bootloader is a special startup block that validates that the main Atmel firmware is valid. If so, then it will start it up. If not, it will wait for either an SD Card with a pleo.img (the  firmware image), or a USB connection to initiate a DFU (device firmware upgrade) firmware transfer.

Cheers (or as cheery as it gets where you live) ;)

Peter

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:42:13 AM by pnhicks »

xu peng

• Egg
  • cn Male
  • Pleo(s): not yet
Re: How to use dfu method to update pleo firmware?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 10:15:52 AM »

Great, thank you so much! :dino-chase: ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal