Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb leg problem  (Read 3474 times)

jeffrycross

• Hatchling
  • us Male
Pleo rb leg problem
« on: December 31, 2020, 11:27:15 AM »

My Pleo rb's left front leg does not straighten out anymore.  I can force it into a straight position when it's turned off, but when I turn it on it does the bowing move where it bends both front legs then it straightens the right leg but not the left one, the left leg remains stuck in the up position and no longer moves. 

What makes the leg come back down?  Whatever it is it is broke.  I peeled back the skin on both legs, but I couldn't see any differences.

Thanks for any help on how I could fix this problem.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Pleo rb leg problem
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 04:44:24 PM »

This issue is unfortunately very common in Pleo RBs and is usually caused by one of the wires at the knee potentiometer (the part that tells the knee what position to move to) becoming detached. It might not be easy to see a loose wire at first since there is usually hot glue holding the wires in place, but it's likely that one of the solder joints between the wires and potentiometer has broken underneath this glue. The problem is fixable with a soldering iron and soldering experience.

jeffrycross

• Hatchling
  • us Male
Re: Pleo rb leg problem
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 04:08:46 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I disconnected the yellow and orange wires and soldered them back on.  Couldn't tell which one was broken originally, but I definitely broke them both by removing them.  Anyway, it worked!  Pleo's leg is working now.  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal