Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just picked up a Ugobe Pleo  (Read 3716 times)

AdamE

• Sugar cane harvester
  • gb
  • Pleo(s): Ogie
Just picked up a Ugobe Pleo
« on: September 13, 2020, 12:01:50 PM »

I just managed to pick up an immaculate Ugobe Pleo, boxed and looking to be no wear on him anywhere.

He has no battery or charger so I am going to make one up.  I have ordered some decent 2800mAh AA rechargeables from Amazon (arriving later today), and will temorarily make them up to test him out.

Also hopefully having a 3D printed battery case made up in the next few days so at least it all fits together correctly. 

I have a question about the thermistor that is in the OEM atteries.  Is this purely to stop the battery charger from overheating the batery during charing, or does Pleo need this as well when the battery is inserted?  I read some posts about a 15K resistor doing the job, but then this is nt a thermistor?  I am thinking maybe the thermistor side is used during the charging, and the resistance by Pleo during operation?  If htis is the case then I'll go with a simple 15K resistor as the cells will be charged by my Imax B6 multucharger anyway, and I can have a temp probe on that which checks the battery temps dring charge, and automatically pauses it to let things cool down.

I found a battery supplier that is still actie in Thailand, but they don't ship batteries, so they will need to wait till I visit there again.

Anyway - hopefully I will have Ogie up and running in the next few days!

CatacombSaint

• Following the footsteps
  • ca Female
Re: Just picked up a Ugobe Pleo
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 06:29:00 PM »

Congratulations!
It's not often you find a Ugobe Pleo in such good shape, so how wonderful and lucky! though I'm afraid I don't know much about the battery mechanics :S You might have more luck asking in the Pleo Problems or Pleo Hardware sections of the forum (if you haven't already), I'm sure someone there will have some info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal