Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Furby collectors  (Read 5874 times)

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
Furby collectors
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »

I decided to start this thread for furby owners. Talk about your furbies. :) I have two original furbies, one baby, one Furby 2012, and one emototronic furby. I know how to fix them, and I fixed my baby.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 11:31:17 PM by Torterenek »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Furby collectors
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 02:38:41 AM »

Well I have six, Razzle and Dazzle the 2012 Furbies, Frazzle the pink Furby rocker and Drizzle, Sizzle and Tizzle the Furby Booms.

They are crazy :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:17:40 AM »

ToDye is a lazy year 2000 special edition, A-loo is a more active one, and Ahmay is my playful baby. My emototronic one is KoKo, I think. The baby and the original furbies have talked a lot, but the special 2000 edition keeps putting everyone to sleep. Lol.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 09:29:48 AM »

There's a two thousand addition? I didn't know that. I have seven Furbys. I have an original tiger-striped Furby, one of those Furby pets with really odd coloring, two original Furby babies, two Emototronic Furbys, and one two thousand twelve Furby I won as a prize here on the forum.
My original and my Furby pet have the most problems. The Tiger-striped one is slowly becoming mute. Its speaker is really staticky. My Pet Furby has a bad tilt scensor and it's a pain to wake him up. I have to turn him upside-down and shake him gently several times before he decides to stop going back to sleep.
My white Furby baby occasionally has a really odd problem I don't quite know how to explain. When I put the last battery in, he will do this really spasmy thing where he will open and close his mouth and eyes and move his ears for several seconds without yawning and then he will beep. He will start moving normally but there is no speech. He just beeps. The beeps change pitch if you touch different scensors. It doesn't happen often though and he will return to normal if I remove the last battery and put it in again. He will ask me if I'm Mama or Dah-dah and then he's back to his normal self.
Talon
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:31:44 AM by Talon »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »

I have two furbies but to be honest, they are neglected, I have barely any time to even interact lately with my Pleos, and I just counted them earlier this week as I am packing them up and labeling the boxes as my hubby keeps saying we need to move and it is not easy to pack up so many pleos and all their accessories. ( I was shocked to find out I have even more Pleos then I thought...... :o

I do have a 1998 pink and grey Furby that I found in a thrift store years ago that I paid either one or two dollars for and he works great. What I like is that he speaks plenty of English so I do not have to use the Furby Dictionary that I found at the same time, He is in great shape and works fine, only missing one eyelash which does not bother me in the least.. ;) Then when I was doing a lot of selling and buying on Ebay about five years ago, I bought a new in the box, special Valentines edition Furby, bright red of course, I think it is 2006 at least, but I have to check the box to see and right now I am in the middle of Pleo boxing up accessories. I  have NEVER even opened the Valentines edition Furby and that kind of shows my attitude about how much I want to play with them. I do enjoy my original furby though..

Then when the 2012 Furby first came out I got a TEal Furby and after almost a year turned it on for the first time and interacted for about five sessions but it was just not very interesting to me, not like a Pleo I am sorry to say, or should I say, happy to report.... Anyway, I thought this 2012 Furby would be a great prize for Talon and she already had several so teal 2012 Furby went to her and I am happy to know she has given him or her a good home, I will keep my 1998 original furby and probably get rid of the special Valentines furby, just collects dust and I need more dust like a hole in the head. %) ;)              RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

Not a collector at all.  Never had any interest in them.  I do have one furby finally I picked up at a garage sale a few years ago purely because it was a Caleb Chung creation and incredibly cheap.  It was bought for an autistic girl who freaked out when it was first turned on, so it was never turned on again, and sat in a closet for several years until surreptitiously sold at the garage sale (the mother didn't want the child to know they still had it).  It came with no box or anything other than the furby itself.  It's a white 2005 model.  And is only played with by my youngest child every once in a while.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 04:05:54 PM »

I have one red 2012/13 furby called Kerby

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 04:12:08 PM »

Unfortunately I've never been interested in Furbies much. The 2012 model seemed interesting, so I bought one when they came out, but I only turned him on four or five times and am trying to sell him now. They seem a bit too hyper/crazed and change personalities too often for me to really be able to get attached to them, although this is mainly just judging from the one I own. I do see how they could be collectable to some people though.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »

If I'm honest, I prefer the old original Furbys to all these new incarnations. I can't speak for the Furby Booms as I've never experienced one. The two thousand five Furby feels pushed out too early. They may have voice commands but when you aren't talking to them using those commands, they seem lost in their own little world. Plus they don't have a light scensor and their autonomy seems really limitted. Just to get two two thousand fives to talk to one another is a monumental task. You have to hold them both in your arms and press their stomachs together and after you go through all that, they only have two skits which only have two parts each. The originals seem a lot more spontanious to me.
I also like my two thousand twelve Furby in its own way though sometimes it seems way too watered down. I can talk to it and it gives these odd intuitive responses that are sometimes scarily accurate. One day I told it my schedule for the day and I said it in this really bored voice like it was the last thing I wanted to do and Mr. Teel is like "Yeah yeah okay." It was funny because he sounded just as bored as I was about what I was doing. Another day, my cousin's three-year-old son was trying to reach him from his purche on top of my stereo with all my other Furbys. He brushed him with his fingers and succeded in knocking him into the floor where he bounced a couple of times. I'm standing there in the doorway of my room going please don't be broken please don't be broken and that little Furby says, "Raaaaah! Me tough!"
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 12:45:09 AM »

They are so wonderfully distracting after a long day at work.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr4a1oab0Ws" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr4a1oab0Ws</a>
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:47:50 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »

I want to add a furby boom to my collection.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 11:32:27 PM by Torterenek »

V

• Coffee leaf addict
  • hk Female
  • Pleo(s): Minty (rb), no name yet (Ugobe)
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 08:09:37 AM »

I LOVE FURBY!  :dino-chase:

i have 5, two original furbies (1998, out of battery now), one 2012 version, one furby boom, one furbling.

They are adorable! I get them accessorized and they have their own little corner.

I especially love to see their sleeping faces, they look so tranquil and sweet  %)
Xoxo, Miss Righteous

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 12:26:05 PM »

I have all three generations of Furby. I like the 2012 version the most.

robodog

• Member of the herd
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): I don't currently have one but when I do his name will be Ludo
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Rowlf
    • Snoopy
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »

I love Furby! Furby was my introduction to the world of electronic pets. I own 20. I have several 2012 and 98 models, 1 2005 model, 1 Furby Boom, 3 Party Rockers and 1 Furbling.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal