Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please HELP! Pleo neck broken!  (Read 5819 times)

msuthar

• Egg
  • au Male
  • Pleo(s): Pleo
Please HELP! Pleo neck broken!
« on: September 01, 2019, 01:33:51 AM »

Hi Guys

I stumbled upon this forum and so glad to see such dedicated pleo owners helping each other out!

I hope someone can help me fix my Ugobe first version pleo as well, it has been sitting in the closet for a few years now and I pulled it out for my 1 year old.

The battery seems to be charging OK, but I will only know if it works once I test it in the pleo but my real issue seem to be the pleo neck vertebra's being broken, I tried to insert a pic but unable to, so for reference its similar to the pic shown in this thread

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=4991.0

Is there anyone whose had a similar issue and can recommend a easy fix ? Super gluing seems as the quickest option but not sure if that will work ?

Also in regards to the battery pack, is there anyone who knows where to purchase a ugobe version battery pack ? aftermarket I assume but could not located anything on ebay or amazon.

I really want to bring it back to life so my little one can play with it, and would really appreciate any help and advice anyone has to offer to get this fixed.

Thanks 

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Ozzy and Dopey
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
Re: Please HELP! Pleo neck broken!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 09:21:19 PM »

The Pleos ate not toys especially for 1 year olds. Unless you'll be supervising at all times until your child's gets at yeast 8 years old to handle the Pleo.
I hope someone helps you out with his broken neck. Prayers!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Please HELP! Pleo neck broken!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 04:07:40 PM »

Pleo batteries for Ugobe pleos are impossible to find these days.  Your best be might be to find a shop that will rebuild the one you have.  I'm not aware of anyone in Australia who is making new ones.

As to the neck vertebra, superglue is better than nothing, but don't expect it to hold up for very long.  The real solution is replacement, and the only way I know to do that is get them from a broken/dead pleo.   I would love to find someone with a 3D scanner and printer who could make new parts, but for now, check eBay for a cheap broken one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal