Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspected blown fuse  (Read 3708 times)

Anya

• Pleo wanderer
  • gb Female
Suspected blown fuse
« on: October 30, 2018, 02:59:51 PM »

Too much experimenting with big batteries, I'm fairly sure I've blown Arthur's 3amp fuse exactly the same as this post here : http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=5182.0

Is anyone in the uk experienced enough to have a go replacing his fuse?

Or anyone extremely patient willing to try talking me through the process EXCEEDINGLY slowly!

Much gratitude in advance

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Suspected blown fuse
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 07:42:12 PM »

I can't offer any direct help, other than to say getting to that fuse requires a lot of disassembly.  I know you've been working on batteries, but unless you feel comfortable with repairing electronics, such as laptops, it can be overwhelming.  Of course, taking it apart to fix might be the easy part.  Putting it back together can be tricky.  Be sure to take LOTS of pictures as you go so you can refer back to them, and label every part.  Of course you have to start by taking the skin off, and you don't want to rip or damage the skin.  There are a few videos on removing the skin that should help.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:47:16 PM by mweed »

Anya

• Pleo wanderer
  • gb Female
Re: Suspected blown fuse
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 08:46:10 AM »

Thanks mweed, amazingly, Arthur came back to life so I didn't blow the fuse! I'm not comfortable with disassembling electronics so if he ever did need surgery I think he'd need to go to somebody else for hospital treatment!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal