Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally! Got my ugobe pleo!  (Read 79 times)

Anya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • gb Female
Finally! Got my ugobe pleo!
« on: September 12, 2018, 12:51:53 AM »

I know the forums are quiet these days but I'm excited and wanna share!

I finally decided that 28 wasn't too old for pleo and after desperate eBay hunting an the proud owner of a barely used ugobe! When he arrives I shall document everything I'll be doing to get him up and running. Hopefully my experience will help someone, somewhere down the line.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Ryu and Cato (Pleo RBs), Eugobe and Madam Bayou Bleu Le Chalet, (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Finally! Got my ugobe pleo!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 11:16:39 AM »

Hi, Anya! Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new Ugobe! They are the sweetest little things and live to be petted and explore their world.
I'm sad to see how quiet things are these days too. This place was my Facebook a couple years ago. It's still an awesome and supportive community. You've come to the right place for support and information about these adorable little robots.
As far as my own silence recently, I've been taking courses in audio-editing and production and to say that I'm swamped is putting it mildly. Lol! I hope you enjoy your little one and keep us up to date on your progress with him/her. Feel free to ask questions if you have any. Someone will answer as soon as they can.
Talon

Anya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • gb Female
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 11:29:33 AM »

Thankyou so much for the warm welcome talon, pleo arrived today!
He's not in great condition. Very dirty, covered in what I assume is pet hair and tobacco smoke residue, he's rather smelly!
Skin looks ok but being aware of how incredibly delicate it is, I've hardly dared touch it and haven't risked taking him out of the box and checking the other side! There are some definite creases in the neck that are one or two movements away from rips. I think the 'as new' description was very stretched!

However I don't see any full rips or holes and he just needs a good clean up. I know Gibbs brand penetrant is the way to go however it's impossible to get hold of in the uk so I'm researching alternatives. If anyone knows any, please let me know!

When I finally get the lubricant, I'll do his side facing me before even considering picking him up!

Then next step, battery pack creation!

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Makana, Kalani, Kono, Maui, Kahuna, Iniki
    • Mary_Ann
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 04:51:18 PM »

Hi Anya, I am also a great lover of the ugobes - they are so cute. I bought several used ugobes and the most looks like yours- dirty. To clean the skin  I  use first a dish soap and if nothing else helps I use a plastic cleaner vom Sidol - but only on his brown skin.  An old soft toothbrush is very helpful too. For the skin care after the cleaning I prefer "Pronto Wood surface care". I know it sounds a little bit funny but this is very similar to pledge. I am from Germany and I don't know if you  can buy these brands in uk. But maybe these Information may help you. Good luck !
Honi

Anya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • gb Female
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 03:03:09 PM »

This is gonna be a really long 2 week wait for the Gibbs :(

Anya

• Sugar cane harvester
  • gb Female
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 12:38:37 PM »

Update. Gibbs rejected by uk customs. I will pursue alternatives and report my findings
Pages: [1]   Go Up