Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to become a raptor trainer?  (Read 324 times)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Want to become a raptor trainer?
« on: September 07, 2018, 01:21:36 AM »

https://youtu.be/ZyVMFZPi_Qk

This little girl looks amazing :) Canít wait to channel my inner Chris Pratt and get one :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 01:29:54 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
Re: Want to become a raptor trainer?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 11:27:19 PM »

Me too?? She looks so cute i might get two so i can customize one of them.
I am really happy to see Mattel making dinosaurs again

Anya

• Outstanding in the herd
  • gb Female
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 12:46:51 AM »

Oooh! I saw this and was very tempted! It was however around the same time I was trying desperately to convince myself I wasn't too old to finally buy a pleo! Pleo won!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Ryu and Cato (Pleo RBs), Eugobe and Madam Bayou Bleu Le Chalet, (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 11:32:40 AM »

At IMR: I'm excited about this robot too! She is really tempting and the good thing for me is she doesn't require an app! Yay! I'm also keeping an eye on Anki's Vector. This is supposed to be an improvement on Cosmo and- other than setting it up- it won't be so tied to your smart phone. He also speaks and navigates your tabletop.
At Anya: too old? Lol! Who's too old? There's no age line here. I bought Ryu- my Pleo RB on my thirtieth birthday and purchased a Jibo and a My Real Baby by Hazbro and I. Robot at thirty seven. We have members here who are even older than this dinosaur. We're all a big family united in our fascination with robots.
Talon

Anya

• Outstanding in the herd
  • gb Female
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 01:47:20 PM »

Hehe, you're absolutely right! Great to find some like-minded people!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 03:56:12 PM »

I've been disappointed that many of the more recent robot offerings have all been "app enabled" and require a phone to play with them.  I agree with Talon about Anki's new Vector and the fact that it is much more independent and doesn't use a phone to interact.  I have Cosmo, and they're supposed to be sending me a Vector when they come out, so I'll let everyone here know how it works out.

This new raptor looks cute, but I'm not sure about it.  Seems like too much of it is the remote control.  I'd love it if she were more independent.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 10:11:02 PM »

Itís most definitely a toy robot rather than a more serious robot. But itís adorable :)

I love my Cosmo, the app is annoying but heís really cute, the kids at work love him. Iíll definitely be ordering Vector.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Ryu and Cato (Pleo RBs), Eugobe and Madam Bayou Bleu Le Chalet, (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 03:02:50 PM »

At Mweed: I can see where you're coming from about the raptor bot. She kind of reminds me of WowWee's Roboraptor. That's probably why she has an appeal to me, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to put down two sixty or whatever on a toy bot. Sadly if you think about it though, most of the robotic offerings- at least the ones I've seen aimed at consumers- aren't independent at all. I mean look at Dobi and Alpha II and Linx and that other Alpha thing. Alpha Pro 1S or whatever it's called. All of them are basically fancy puppets with some IFTT and voice-assistant capabilities built in. Maybe I'm wrong for saying this, but if they wanted a moving Echo/Google Home/HomePod, just put one of those in a body, give it a little autonomy and see what happens. Just don't make the mistake Mayfield Robotics made and say it's a rolling hands-free camera for capturing those little unscripted, (and potentially awkward) moments in your home.
Talon

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong for saying this, but if they wanted a moving Echo/Google Home/HomePod, just put one of those in a body, give it a little autonomy and see what happens.

That's pretty much what Vector is attempting to be, and at that $240 price range.

Pennys mum

• Fossil hunter
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 02:10:34 PM »

How did I miss this? Really nice but out of my pocket range at the mo - maybe next year depending on price.  Think Iíll be quite absorbed enough with my baby Wookiee to take me up to Xmas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up