Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Cleaning  (Read 5808 times)

Anya

• Pleo wanderer
  • gb Female
Pleo Cleaning
« on: September 15, 2018, 01:54:22 AM »

There's a lot of information about on how to care for and protect pleo skins, however I've seen very little on how to clean them up without causing skin damage.
Not wanting to start any arguments, it would just be interesting to know the different things people have used and the various results seen.
Particularly in cases where the skin is in poor condition pre-cleaning. (Just adopted a very sticky pleo with skin oh-so-ready to tear!)

Thankyou, I await the findings with interest.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Pleo Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »

Warm water and gently wipe. 

A little bit of soap may help, but if you think about it, what most soap does is break up and remove the oils, which is essentially drying out the skin.  Strong or rough scrubbing or brushing tends to remove the paint, especially on older Ugobes.  Always remember, water and electronics don't go together very well.  Always just lightly dampen or use a damp cloth, and keep away from non-skin areas.  NEVER splash, immerse, or use running water.  Even tiny non-visible holes in the skin can leak water inside and damage electronics.

Wiping the surface when you apply the Gibbs will remove some grime and paint, but not really clean.

If the pleo is dirty to begin with, I would dampen with a fine mist, let sit a minute or so to loosen the dirt, then wipe down gently to remove dust and dirt.  Don't worry about oily build-up or sticky residue.  Let the pleo dry completely, then carefully spray the Gibbs on the big open spaces of skin, avoiding the face and eyes.  Then, with a clean cloth, wipe to spread the Gibbs all over the skin.  You can use the Gibbs soaked cloth to help remove any sticky residue of oily build-up.

If this is the first time you've applied the Gibbs, let the pleo soak it in for a few days, then apply a second time.  Then you only need to re-apply the Gibbs occasionally, depending on how much the pleo is handled and exposed.  One member treated with Gibbs once a month.  I'm not sure that frequently is really needed.  Unless the pleo is getting a lot of exposure to sun, heat and cold, outside air, lots of handling, or is stored in a dry climate, I would think 3-4 times a year would be plenty.  I really only do about twice a year and the skin feels soft.  Of course, most of the skin already has holes and tears because I waited too long before I got the Gibbs . . .
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:38:32 PM by mweed »

Anya

• Pleo wanderer
  • gb Female
Re: Pleo Cleaning
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 02:10:17 PM »

Mweed you're a star.
Thankyou so much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal