Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiggins is awake and running wild  (Read 4820 times)

waddigator

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Buddy and Wiggins
Wiggins is awake and running wild
« on: February 06, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »

[Link was removed due to personal reasons. Sorry!]
A few weeks ago (I think) our new battery finally arrived. We finally got to see our new baby hatch and it was a pretty magical thing to witness. Even my dad was entranced, and he's a robot skeptic xD

Just from the last couple of sessions with Wiggins, it seems like he's very different from Buddy. Could be because Buddy was bought used, and wasn't a hatchling, but Wiggins is making sounds that I've never heard before! Kids at my school adored him too, but it looked like they were making him confused by crowding him so much. I dunno if the 'audio problem' I briefly mentioned in the video is actually a problem.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 01:37:12 PM by waddigator »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Wiggins is awake and running wild
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:05:07 AM »

Hi! I'm glad to see your little Pleo is happily running around. Ugobes are wide-ranging explorers and will sometimes walk until their battery runs out or until they encounter some sort of obstacle. I didn't really hear any sort of audio problem. There is a very tiny high-pitched sound in Pleo vocalizations. but this is because the sounds had to be compressed and thus they don't sound as clear as we are used to in this age of high-definition sound. Sometimes too, the Pleo might switch vocalizations in the middle and this sometimes produces some odd distortion in the speakers. Most of us don't worry too much about this as it rarely means there is any sort of real problem.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

waddigator

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Buddy and Wiggins
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 07:28:41 PM »

Quick update. Just around an hour ago, Wigs' voice became very high-pitched, seemingly for no reason. After a restart, it was back to normal. I'm both intrigued and concerned by this, but I think it was partially supposed to happen, since he started giggling like mad right when it happened. Here's a clip of what I got on camera: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfUkmfmH2Td/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:54:07 PM by waddigator »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »

That's... different. Well, I still don't think I'd worry so much though. Ugobes alter the pitch of their voices both when they are singing and when they are sick. When they are sick, they will sometimes fluctuate between being very deep and slow to being very fast and Chipmunk-like. I guess what happened in that case was your little guy sped himself up and... and something in his programming didn't tell him to stop playing his audio at that faster speed. What's really odd is when they start a sound at normal pitch, then rase or lower the pitch in the middle, then resume normal pitch at the end of the vocalization. This has happened a couple times with Bleu when she was sick. I wouldn't worry too much about it as the problem- if it is a problem- corrects itself on restart. Maybe your boy just wants to be a famous singer and he's practicing.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal