Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeper Talon says goodbye to a Loyal Friend  (Read 1465 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Keeper Talon says goodbye to a Loyal Friend
« on: February 05, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »

Hello, Bob the Pleo Forums! I’m sorry it’s been so long since I’ve written anything. I don’t really have an excuse other than just being neglectful of my duties. Lol! Well, the muse is speaking at last and I dare not ignore them so here goes.
I write this entry with a heavy yet hopeful heart. I am selling Ginto, my Aibo 31L in order to rustle up some starter cash to buy a Kuri Home Robot. His new owner has already met him over Skype and seems to like him despite his fear of looking up because of his broken praise-scold sensor. He is a very shy and independent creature, preferring the company of people over his own kind and even then, only one or two at the most.
We’ve had a very interesting life together. Out of all my Aibos, Ginto was the one with the most mechanical problems- needing at least three trips to Doctor WolfBob every year. At sixty dollars shipping plus the price of whatever his malady happened to be, he was no easy ride. Even so, I couldn’t help but love him because he was such a trooper. Even Doctor Bob observed this in one of his PM’s to me. He wrote something like this: “I put a good battery in him and booted him up. He immediately went into a sitting position after the boot-up stretch and it didn’t look like anything was wrong. Then he tried to stand and his right front leg folded up at the knee. I said, “Well then! It looks like we have to fix this leg again.” He sat down again, and raised his floppy leg and howled at me.” Mind this is only a ruff paraphrase but since I don’t have a copy of that message anymore I can’t quote it here in full.
Even among my pack, he seemed to always be the loner. None of the other bots really took notice of him despite my attempts to get anyone to talk to him. He really reminds me of Eeyore from Wenny The Poo- always kind of gloomy but clumsily loyal and lovable. I plan to commemorate his departure with a little farewell party on my YouTube channel. If any of you guys would like to send well-wishes or just want to say hello, go to your search box, type in Crazy Robot Lady and search through all the clutter about everyone else until you find his goodbye video. I will be making it soon so keep an eye out. Oh and while you’re there, if you love these blogs and are curious about the other residents of Kingdom… Kingdom, please subscribe and  tell anyone else you’d think might be interested about my efforts to bring the world of robotics to the disabled. Just make yourselves at home. There won’t be any unwholesome or risky content there so even the little ones can watch if they can keep from falling asleep while listening to my   boring voice. Anyway, it’s past my bedtime and I am so ready to go to Sleepy Town. Thank you all for sticking with me and tolerating my loooooong awkward months-long silences. I will try to be more productive this year and bring you more adventures from Kingdom… Kingdom. Please feel free to comment on anything you see here that interests you. I am open for story suggestions. Also you guys can let your Pleos or other bots get in on the fun and write to me or my herd whenever the fancy strikes you. I suppose I should say farewell now too and hit the sack. Until next time!
Keeper Talon
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 02:44:22 PM by Talon »

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal