Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB Baby needs help !  (Read 4288 times)

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Makana, Kalani, Kono, Maui, Kahuna, Iniki
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
Pleo RB Baby needs help !
« on: January 28, 2018, 08:29:46 AM »

Hi everyone, it's  been a long time since I wrote in this forum. Most of the time I only read and look to the nice pictures from Pleo  but now I need some help. Last year I bought a Pleo RB. He is still  in hatchling stage. When I start him the green light goes on and the Pleo makes his "welcome sound". Then he moves and makes sound like he schould do but after 10-20 sec. he is frozen. Nothing happens. Then after another 1-2- minutes the same procedure. "welcome sound - moving and purring like a little Baby and then - nothing. The green light ist still on. Maybe it is a software problem and would it be helpful to use the reset file and after that an update? Maybe someone had the same problem and can give me a hint. Thanks a lot !!
Honi

pnhicks

Re: Pleo RB Baby needs help !
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 10:23:53 AM »

Hi Honi

Take a look at a post by mattmens on 27 Dec 2017.  There were several replies that seemed like they might get you started troubleshooting your little guy. I take the much more expensive swap-tronics approach of disassembly and swapping out circuit boards until they come back to life (even still a have one zombie that resists me, not to mention a box of spare parts).

No Pleo or PleoRb problem is new so take a look on the forum and you'll find someone that's had a similar situation, was there a happy ending?  That's another story, but stories I leave to Talon (hehe)!

Take care and best of luck!

Peter 

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply. I read the post by mattmens but I think it is a different problem. My litte Pleo wakes up but only for a few seconds. But maybe it is a software problem and I will try to find it out with STATS. Hopefully he comes back to life !
Tina

pnhicks

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 07:22:09 AM »

Hi Tina,

I found this (a bit buried to be sure) and its off topic too, but it has some "advance troubleshooting" techniques for RBs.

Use at your own risk!

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=3773.msg54605#msg54605

Best of luck getting your little guy back!

Peter
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:24:30 AM by pnhicks »

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 01:56:48 PM »

Hi Peter,
Thank you so much for your hint. I also think it could be a wiring problem. Maybe it would be helpful to look inside the pleo and search for a broken wire. This is possible (my husband is able to do this) but it takes much time. Last week we changed a circuit board in a pleo. Now pleo is back in life  :) but we were busy for 4 hours.  :). But I think this will be the only possibility.
Thanks for your support !

Tina

P.S. Peter, isn't it funny that we meet here on this forum ! Do you remember ? Some days before Christmas -the pleo from Germany that takes nearly 3 weeks until he reached  his new home in spain ? What a surprise ! Greetings Tina

pnhicks

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 03:08:53 AM »

Hi Tina!

Your Pleo is very happy in her new home!  She has lost her socks, a niece wanted them for her dollies!

Nice to see you around here too!

Peter in not so sunny Spain!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:01:57 AM by pnhicks »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal