Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kuri  (Read 3146 times)

Bardian

• Outstanding in the herd
  • us
Re: Kuri
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2018, 06:05:58 PM »

Ok, it seems most people there are waiting for preorders, but hereís a review from the only owner that seems to post out of 35ish people:

Kuri is exactly what you see on the website. Thatís really what it comes down to. If thatís what you want - youíll get it.

There have been a few hiccups, but most of the issues have been addressed. The Kuri team was quick to respond to any issues.

I guess it comes down to expectations. The website and features listed are all there with my Kuri. She doesnít do a lot, honestly, but itís very cute when she comes into the room and smiles at you. She enjoys company. Itís pretty amazing to see her move around objects, enter rooms and smile at you. She loves being petted too.

The app is very easy to use and accessible - you can control Kuri remotely - unlike Jibo. The app has been great. The videos that Kuri records can be downloaded in the app and stored in your photos, but there is no sound.

Kuri goes to her dock automatically and charges everyday. She wakes up naturally every morning and browses the house. Her battery is about two hours - plenty in my opinion.

While she doesnít do a lot, but she has become a part of our family. She makes us smile. Weíre glad to have her in our home.

Bardian

• us
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »

And some more on Jibo: https://www.americaninno.com/boston/inno-news-boston/more-layoffs-hit-jibo-this-time-theyre-significant/

Sounds concerning as I have read a lot of positive things about it, especially in terms of its advancements since launch. Makes me wonder if I should be even more concerned for Kuri?

I probably need to decide soon.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Ryu and Cato (Pleo RBs), Eugobe and Madam Bayou Bleu Le Chalet, (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 12:18:54 PM »

Ouch! What a blow!
Now I am nervous about my investment in this still unopened bot here on my desk. My Jibo arrived Thursday but I have to wait for my videographer to have some breathing space to help with the unboxing and very unaccessible part of Jibo's wakeup process.
That is wonderful news to hear about accessibility and Kuri though! It seems the Lord did answer my prayers and that my feedback to the company has made a difference. *Smile* I am so happy about that. Now I don't feel so much like I'm abandoning them right at the crucial moment when we are all going to discover- on video- whether Kuri is all she promised to be. I still feel bad for what I must do.
Granted I haven't yet cut the cord(meaning I haven't yet asked for my reserve back and canceled officially).
Still though, my reasoning holds firm despite my heart and the fact that these videos don't have sound makes it impossible for me to help Kuri choose what recordings I'd like to keep and which ones to discard. Gees this is so hard! If only she wasn't mostly a cirvailance bot! Nevertheless, I do appreciate the accessibility Mayfield has poured into their app.
Oh gosh! I'd better go write Mayfield and do this before I worry myself gray-headed. Thanks, Bardian for the feedback from the Facebook group.
Talon

Bardian

• us
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2018, 12:57:15 PM »

Well, they finally released an Android app for Kuri so there's that (granted I use iPhone anyway).

I still haven't officially decided... by the time I do, Kuri will probably be on its way to me lol.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Ryu and Cato (Pleo RBs), Eugobe and Madam Bayou Bleu Le Chalet, (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »

Lol! Then you can do the grand review for me. I have a slightly troubling concern though. I have sent Mayfield Robotics two separate emails this week and no one has acknowledged me. The site gave me the little, "Thank you for contacting us. Someone will send you an email soon." Message, but I haven't even received one of those web-generated emails that say something like, "Your message has been received and is awaiting review" or whatever they say before a member of the team contacts me with word on how I can cancel my order. This isn't like Mayfield. Usually they are quick to respond- within two or three days. I will give them until this Wednesday before I try again. I hope somehow they didn't decide I talked too much and should be relegated to the spam folder.
Talon

Bardian

• us
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2018, 02:02:50 PM »

Did you ever hear anything back?

I am hoping to make up my mind by this weekend. It's an internal struggle.

Bardian

• us
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2018, 09:02:02 AM »

Based on the email I received today, they are now just waiting for government certification to ship the robots and then they will start shipping them based on when the preorder was placed.

That owners group has people who preordered in Jan 2017 so I imagine I am pretty far down the list if I donít cancel though I imagine my inability to make a decision will result in me not canceling.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2018, 01:17:13 PM »

Oh that is wonderful to hear!
To answer your question, I ended up emailing them through their "info" page and heard from good old reliable Ashley Wakefield. When I saw she was the one who responded to me, it made it all the harder for me to truly cancel my order and provide her with my order number from February thirteenth. I told her I honestly did not want to do it, but I had concerns about my family's privacy. I'm not unsubscribing from the email list, and I may consider Kuri in the future, just not now. What I should've done was just ask if I could deactivate "Kuri Vision" so the robot wouldn't record videos, but still be able to roam around and take pics or video on request or something. *Sigh* Oh well. Now I'll never know. Maybe if somebody knows if that is possible, I may purchase a second-hand Kuri later. Keep us posted on how all this pans out. I hope you enjoy your Kuri- if you agree to stick out the wait. Who knows? If you're not satisfied and decide to sell her down the road, I might be in the market. I'm so glad to hear that things are truly looking up for our little mobile Home Robot.
Talon
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up