Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shortcut for teaching Pleo tricks?  (Read 5043 times)

Kammerøgle

• Hatchling
  • dk
  • Pleo(s): Sophus
    • Yapsi
Shortcut for teaching Pleo tricks?
« on: October 28, 2015, 12:33:10 PM »

Hello! New user and new Pleo owner here :)

My Pleo is currently in his second life stage, probably well on his way to the third stage (if he isn't already, I can't really tell... he jawns and sighs an awful lot.. you know, like you would probably expect of a teenager).
I haven't had much luck teaching him anything, not even his name. Or at least I'm not really sure. He doesn't behave any thing like the Pleo in the official instruction videos (but they always make things look so easy), and based on what I read in this forum, it sounds like learning stones are a bit of a hassle.

So I was thinking, is it possible to just skip all the stone feeding process, and just hack him to know all his tricks? Even the ones I don't have stones for?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Shortcut for teaching Pleo tricks?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:40:45 PM »

Sorry. As much of a hassle as it can sometimes be, there isn't a way (that I know of), to skip the learning stones. If your pleo isn't taking his ID card into his mouth the same way he takes in food, he may not be old enough yet to learn his name or tricks. Just so that you can see that it is indeed doable using the ID card and the learning stones, there is a video in the PleoRB FAQ section of the forum showing one of the members teaching her pleo its name and how to perform various tricks. I would make it easier and post the link for you but my screenreader doesn't allow me to copy and paste links. Just be patient and remember to do all your naming and learning stone recordings in a very quiet place. Also as mentioned in that very edited tutorial video, remember to feed your pleo and make sure his play-area is well-lit. I hope you can find the video in the FAQ. IMR is a real pro! Good luck!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Shortcut for teaching Pleo tricks?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 10:44:56 PM »

I wish they'd just make it so you waved the stone and they did the trick... The voice recognition is just awful!

There's no easy way, and even something as simple as moving to a different spot in the room can change the acoustics enough for your Pleo to not recognize your voice again. The most foolproof way I've found so far is to record my voice on my phone and use the recording :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal