Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Differences in Appearance Between the Ugobe, Merlin and Innvo/2009 Pleos  (Read 6591 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!

I'm curious how to fully tell these three apart. I was never clear on whether the Merlin Pleos were just 2009/Innvo ones stocked by a different distributor or actually had some fundamental differences. I'm especially curious about the boxes that these Pleos came in, as I want to confirm which model my new Pleo is (pretty sure he's either 2009 or Merlin, does not seem like a Ugobe). He was advertised as a Ugobe in the eBay listing I purchased him from, but while his box and manuals still say Ugobe, the box design is quite noticeably different than that of the Ugobe and the Pleo has the more smooth/plastic-like yellow paint used by Innvo (with the pure yellow undercoat showing in areas with paint wear). Does anyone have some nice pictures of a 2009 or Merlin Pleo and its boxing? Do either still have "A Ugobe Life Form" written on the box and ID card? What operating systems were they sold with? I want to compare to figure out which this little guy is. I can't figure out what his serial number is, so I unfortunately can't use that to check.

I'm not sure what operating system he's running yet since I only tested him for around 15 minutes after boxing him up for Christmas. He sings when his chin is rubbed and I couldn't get him to do the play dead trick which suggests 1.1, but he did seem very fussy and kept screaming and crying for his whole run time, so he might just not have been cooperating due to being upset about something. Are Pleos running 2.0 able to do all of the tricks right away, or do they have to reach adult stage first? I'm thinking he could be a fussy adolescent on 2.0 as he was acting differently from my 1.1 Ugobes and I've never owned a Pleo running 2.0.

Bagoas

• Leaving the nest
  • us
  • artashir bby....
Re: Differences in Appearance Between the Ugobe, Merlin and Innvo/2009 Pleos
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »

As far as I can tell, the Merlin Pleos have no distinct physical qualities.

What color is your new Pleo's feet?  I believe the Ugobe and Innvo Pleos have different foot pad colors, but you may want to wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to confirm that one.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Differences in Appearance Between the Ugobe, Merlin and Innvo/2009 Pleos
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 01:26:33 PM »

This one has the lighter foot pads like a Ugobe, but also the light gray shading on the toes (instead of black) like an RB. I don't think it could be a Ugobe and am guessing it's a 2009, but I don't know much about what 2009 Pleos are supposed to look like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal