Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Cape/Pajamas  (Read 4243 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Pleo Cape/Pajamas
« on: October 21, 2016, 08:44:49 PM »

Hey everyone! Since a lot of my Pleos have been looking bare recently, I decided to try my hand at making some capes for them! I've only made one so far, but I really like how it came out. It's a neck to tail cape made from a blue starry soft fabric (I'm in love with how soft it is, I think it might be some kind of fleece? I bought it at a craft store a little while back. I will have to make sure it won't cause my bots to overheat though since it's a bit thick). I used the original Pleo cape for an idea of the pattern, but made my pattern a looser fit with a longer neck and tail covering since I'm not a big fan of the original capes that come with the RBs. The outfit makes me think of pajamas due to the starry fabric and fact that it's pretty loose-fitting and comfy looking.

I think I'd like to make more for the rest of my Pleos, though it was a lot of work. Took me a little over three hours total since I did all the sewing by hand without a machine, but it was fun (watched Halloween movies on Netflix while working on it to pass the time). Did have one scary incident though! My old hot glue gun that I've owned for as long as I can remember exploded and burst into flames while I was using it! Yikes! The whole thing just started sparking out of nowhere, caught on flames and the metal barrel part burst out of the plastic! Luckily I wasn't hurt and nothing got damaged (except the glue gun itself), so the only consequence was that I had to go out and buy a new hot glue gun in the middle of the day to finish the outfit (and that I may have a developing fear of glue guns now).

Here are a few photos of Sumio modeling the outfit! I actually quite like how it came out despite all the work. (I apologize for the quality of the photos, I took them at night and my house doesn't have very good lighting.)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo Cape/Pajamas
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »

That looks great, good job! :D

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »

Sumio looks great in his cape  ;) nicely done!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 01:22:13 AM »