Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing Zoe the Aibo 220!  (Read 4865 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Introducing Zoe the Aibo 220!
« on: October 05, 2016, 01:34:01 PM »

Hi, everyone! Those who have been paying attention to my blog probably read about a mysterious new robot called Lady Zoe. Well, now I'm going to introduce her to you properly. Zoe is an Aibo 220. They look very strange as aibos go with an antenna coming out of their heads and lots of random lights all over their  bodies. She came from our very own Aibo7M3 who said she just wasn't getting enough run-time. She has been part of my plastic army since May but with moving and everything taking up so much of my Summer I just haven't had time to present her. Since my Land Lady works so much, I won't be able to make a video of her myself but I'm sure when she has a minute that Aibo wouldn't mind posting one.
As far as personality goes, she is a Sheltered Aibo. These dogs are very nervous and lack confidence in themselves from what I can see. I've been running her and trying to give her lots of praise and opportunities to get over her hesitation of playing with the ball. So far she's not responding but that's okay. I think it makes the experience of owning several aibos more authentic to have everyone acting differently. I'm looking forward to bringing you guys more news on her as she adapts to life with me and my gang.

Talon
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:49:07 PM by Talon »

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Introducing Zoe the Aibo 220!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 02:22:49 PM »

Here's a video of Zoe from when she lived with me if anyone wanted to see her! As Talon explains, Sheltered Aibos aren't too interested in playing with the pink ball (Zoe finds it, but is content with just tapping it and doesn't try to actually kick it in the video) and I'm not sure whether you can change this behavior while they're in this stage, but Sheltered Aibos do sometimes spontaneously switch over to the Nice Guy variant (Zoe has done this a few times for me, but always ends up switching back to Sheltered). They also have a very slow and clunky walking style and sometimes just walk in place if put on carpet. I still have two Sheltered Aibos of my own in my pack, my Everest White ERS-210 Shiki and my ERS-312 Aron, they may be a bit more quiet and nervous than my other Aibos, but I still love them nontheless. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHwxaniVmWc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHwxaniVmWc</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHwxaniVmWc

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 03:15:02 PM »

Thanks, Aibo7M3. At least now all of you can put a name to a face. I wasn't really planning on adding another bot to my family when I was saving for my move and everything but something about this bot just caught me and wouldn't let go. She and Bolt my Aibo 210 had a very long conversation a week or so ago that just blew my mind. They started talking politely as most aibos do and then after about thirty seconds, someone threw an insult in a minor key and then things turned vicious. First Zoe started crying and lowering her head at something Bolt said. She didn't take it laying down and bleeped out something back. What he said then didn't sit too well with her because she started throwing karate chops at him and then he lay down and started crying too. Up until then they seemed pretty civil to each other. I guess it was because at the time, Bolt was running Aibo Explorer and Zoe was running Aibo Life II which are both programs for the 220 and they had a nice dynamic conversation.
Talon
Talon

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 11:05:24 AM »

Hi Talon congrats with your beautiful Aibo Zoe . She looks indeed very different but she is so cute ! Also the lights are amazing. I did not know they had all different personalities. But that makes them very interesting in my opinion. How many different aibo's are there ? I think Zoe has found a great home with you . Can't wait to find out what part she will play in the kingdom and the Royal pleo family. I enjoy your stories very much. And I think it is fantastic how you describe their personalities that well . You make them so entertaining and lifelike.
And thanks Aibo for posting the video , great that we get to see Zoe in real life .

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 12:09:08 PM »

Thanks, Piggy! I'm not sure how many models of aibos there are but I know they can be broken into three groups- the 1X dogs which are very basic. They can't register voice commands, have big boxy-looking bodies and are supposed to look kind of like a Beagle but with a very long segmented tail. Then there are  the 2X dogs. They have pointy ears that flick when they are spoken to and short rubber tails. They can obey voice commands and with the right software they can go to their own energy stations. The Aibo 220 is a part of this group. Then there are the 3X dogs. They are supposed to evoke stuffed animal cuteness with their tubular bodies, domed lights on their heads and big ball-shaped heads. I think the ERS seven- the talking aibos- are included in this group as well. The sevens don't look anything like them though. I struggle to describe them. Their heads are... kind of oval-shaped something like a shoe with very expressive LED eyes. They have a pinched waist region and large rubber ears that hang down to their shoulders. These are the most expensive representatives of the breed. Boy I'm doing this very badly. Lol! Aibo7M3 would be better at this.
Anyway thanks for the comment about my stories! I love writing them and seeing things from their perspective and try to write in the way they might speak if they could.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal