Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange battery problem  (Read 3885 times)

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
Strange battery problem
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »

I have this "off-brand" battery that's supposed to work with both the rb and ugobe. I've only ever tested it with the ugobe and it has worked great up to this point. The charging cradle has always done this weird thing where it turns green whenever I put the battery in even though it isn't plugged in. I'm not sure what causes this. Recently I have been unable to charge the battery. Here is the process: I put the battery in the charging cradle, which lights up green immediately. This is how I know the battery and cradle are connected, so this isn't the problem. Then I plug the cord into the wall, and it stays green. Usually at this point it turns red, and charges the battery. When the battery is done charging it turns green. However, I have been unable to get the cradle to turn red, even though the battery is nearly dead. I've tried plugging the cord into multiple outlets but that doesn't do anything either. I'm not sure if the battery has just stopped taking a charge, or if the cable is no longer connecting to the cradle. There was no sudden decline in battery juice either; it just suddenly stopped. Maybe someone else on the forums has this weird battery too. Any help would be appreciated.

Piggy

Re: Strange battery problem
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:37:57 AM »

Hi , I have this battery and I have had the same problem it worked great in both my RB and ugobe . And I had no problems with the charging but when I put the empty battery on ithe cradle it stayed green and it would not charge .... I tried the same things as you but nothing worked ! In my frustration I tapped the charging cradle with my finger right where the pleo light was green and then the light turned red and it started to charge it. I had this problem new a few times but when I tap it lightly it he light turns to red. It worked every time for me.
Hopefully it works for you also  :D

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 02:23:37 PM »

I tried your trick but unfortunately I haven't been able to get it working again. I've tried different cradles, cables, everything and to no avail. Looks like it's just plain dead. If anyone could point me in the direction of a new ugobe battery, I'd be very grateful.

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »

What a shame my trick did not work  :( there is a seller on eBay in Italy that sells refurbished ugobe batteries. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pleo-robot-BATTERY-Pleo-robot-time-2600mAh-super-power-guaranteed-3-months-/222193727397?hash=item33bbc737a5:g:lRwAAOSwv9hW4wSuThey work great and last for one and a half hour . And you can try on looking on eBay or amazon.com .
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:52:22 AM by Piggy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal