Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo stuck in pose and will not power on  (Read 5088 times)

zoetway

• Hatchling
  • nl Male
Pleo stuck in pose and will not power on
« on: August 01, 2016, 06:56:12 AM »

Hello everyone,

A while back I bought a second hand Pleo and had great fun with him, but all of a sudden he's stuck in some sort of yoga pose with his front(right) and back(left) legs extended. He started assuming this pose a while ago and falling over when he did but would always return to a normal standing pose right away. Now he froze in that pose and won't power on anymore. Does anybody know of this problem and perhaps know of a solution?

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
--Rob

Piggy

Re: Pleo stuck in pose and will not power on
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »

Is it the ugobe pleo ? Have you tried the reset button  ?

zoetway

• Hatchling
  • nl Male
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 08:49:51 AM »

He's not a Reborn so I guess that makes him an Uglobe, right? Sorry I'm still new to all this. If the reset button is the one you press to turn off his sounds on his lower belly then I tried holding that for 10 seconds while powered on. That had no results. Or is there another reset button?

Thanks for your help!
--Rob

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 10:02:18 AM »

I have two ugobes and this happened to me once  ???, luckily for me he started working again when I flipped the on and off switch a few times. You can try to hold the reset button a bit longer maybe for 30 seconds. Or maybe it is a battery issue. Do you have a refurbished battery for your pleo or the original green one ?
I found this old topic http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=3735.0#top maybe it will help ?
I hope you can fix him .

zoetway

• Hatchling
  • nl Male
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:36:35 AM »

Hi Everyone, I fixed him! Thought I'd post it here in case anyone else comes across the same problem.

I hooked up Pleo to a variable power supply directly by removing the battery and connecting the power supply to the metal springs inside the bay that holds the battery. The black wire (negative) to the bottom-left spring (when holding upside down with his head looking away from you) and the red wire (positive) to the top right spring. If you look closely they are marked "-" and "+" next to the springs. The power supply was set at 7V and 0,17A. That caused Pleo to boot up when I patted his back to wake him up, but he kept resetting right away (continuously waking up with the "huh" sound" but not moving). By inserting an SD card with the LifeOS to reset him to default I was able te reset the software and Pleo was born again. After letting him boot up for the first time I re-inserted the battery and he operated normally again.

After a while he started doing the balancing trick again, doing it over and over. He keeps doing that unless you activate another state like hanging him upside down or putting him to sleep. When you put Pleo back down he immediately starts doing the balance trick again. If anybody knows what might be causing this I'd be happy to know! Resetting the LifeOS (either an upgrade or downgrade) doesn't seem to help. The POP OS seems to work fine but isn't as much fun :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »

Have you tried doing the 2.0 upgrade after pop OS, that should totally reset him.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

zoetway

• Hatchling
  • nl Male
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 12:58:52 PM »

I think that worked! Thanks a lot for your advice!!

Just applied the updates in the order you suggested and so far it looks like the problem is gone  :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »