Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo advice before I buy please  (Read 4723 times)

Sammijay

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
Ugobe Pleo advice before I buy please
« on: June 26, 2016, 08:10:43 AM »

Hello I am about to buy a Ugobe Pleo, does this version still have software and hardware downloads available and does it interact with other Pleos for example the RB version. I have found the website for the RB version but can't finds anything for Ugobe has this been discontinued ? Thank you for you help
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:49:34 AM by Sammijay »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Ugobe Pleo advice before I buy please
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:20:45 AM »

Hello, Sammijay! Yes. The Ugobe pleo has been discontinued so there is no more software being professionally developed for it. There are several company-developed personalities to download here on the forums as well as a few personalities and games developed by individual forum members using third party applications.
As far as communication, Ugobes cannot communicate with pleo RB's. They can however communicate with other Ugobes as long as both units are running the same operating system. If you do decide to purchase a Ugobe, they are generally sweet-tempered and require less attention than an  RB. If you're looking for something more pet-like that requires feeding and that can deliver a wider display of emotions influanced by a time clock, go with an RB. If you have any further questions, please ask! We're all here to help!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Sammijay

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »

Thankyou so much for your reply I have purchased an absolute mint condition hardly used Ugobe and will save for my daughter for Christmas as I feel it will be satisfactory for her she will be happy,  how do I go about downloading what's here on the forum and what sort of things will it do different once downloaded.

I have told my husband I want the Pleo RB lol so he is getting me that do people sell them on here ?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 12:09:00 PM »

Hi, Sammijay! I'm sure your daughter will be happy with her Christmas present. You might want to plan to make another small purchase though. The original green batteries that come with the Ugobes are long dead from sitting in a warehouse for more than seven years and probably won't hold more than a two minute charge. I'm sure someone could point you to a reputable seller.
In order to get new content into your Ugobe, you will need to buy an SD card that is two gig or smaller. You might want to just run the unit on the operating system it already has on it first to see if you really want to make any changes. As far as the differences in personalities/OS's, take a look in the downloads section here on the forum. Make sure you check in the sections dedicated to Ugobe pleos and not for RB's. RB software will not run on a Ugobe and could possibly brick your robot.
There is a big difference between a personality and an operating system. Personalities/skits are basically small programs composed of dances/sounds that repeat over and over and run from the SD card. Operating systems are fully formed programs that will mature from hatchling to adult and run from the pleo's internal memory. Each operating system has a few small differences but they are so slight, I don't think there's really much difference between  the early versions. Life 2.0 has all sorts of tricks but goes through a short period of odd behavior as a juvenile. It makes lots of odd sounds and will be numb to its touch sensors for a while but it will grow out of it. I hope this wasn't too much detail and that I answered your questions.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Sammijay

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 03:58:07 PM »

Thank you so much for all the help and information I will seek out a reputable battery seller and get an SD card that you have recommended. I will put a the question out there now for sellers thanks again x

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 03:56:46 AM »

HI I found this topic of someone on this forum selling her egg battery and charger . Maybe she still has it and you can send her a email for information http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=5007.msg64722#msg64722

You can also find refurbished ugobe batteries on eBay

Sammijay

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 02:03:51 AM »

Hi thanks for the link I am going to buy a brand new one is Ploeworld.com still trading do you know ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal